Bigfoot Media Today.....

norseman

Well, what I say is:  human movement/human proportion/zero backstory?  Toss.

I have a feeling that no one is gonna show me a video with P/G clarity that's problematical for me.

^^^^

Without examining the film site? We cannot deduce things like size or length of stride.

I have a feeling no video would do it for you over the PGF.......

^^^None would that I have seen.

The candidates for possibility I listed further up this thread?  P/G stands alone among them.

And I'm not talking about so much length of stride as I am:  does it look/walk like a human?  Patty doesn't; it's subtle but I never saw a human proportioned like that or walking like that.

^^^^

Without examining the film site? We cannot deduce things like size or length of stride.

I have a feeling no video would do it for you over the PGF.......

If crystal clear, close up, day-time footage of more than a few seconds ever comes to light, it would convince me and alot of other people. I don't buy that a very convincing fake can be done with CGI or even an elaborate suit, if so, why haven't we seen any (other than the Patterson Footage, if indeed that is a hoax, which I question).

I think if we examine the PGF with unbias? Most do not find it "convincing", it really comes down to individual opinion obviously. But I think truthfully the consensus is fake.

So with that said knowing all of the things we do about the PGF? I don't think a film in the future stands a chance if you do not reveal the film site to someone.

But in reality I don't hold out much hope either way. So I guess we are just going to be stuck guessing and it's why I think anymore we just dismiss convincing film offhand in a knee jerk reaction of sorts

Biped Zoo Gorilla Throws Light on Filmstar Patty

http://frontiersofzoology.blogspot.com/2012/01/biped-zoo-gorilla-throws-light-on.html

"This unusual behaviour for a gorilla does afford us one important feature in a
Cryptozoological sense: we can compare how Ambam looks walking upright to the
longer-legged Sasquatch filmed by Roger Patterson and Bob Gimlin in 1967, "Patty"

"Many viewers note that "Patty's" top part looks overall like a gorilla and often skeptics
use this to say that Patty's anatomy is impossible since Gorillas are not capable of
walking upright, their center off gravty is too low (Napier ... "

If the Patterson footage was just a little more clear, it would be "convincing" either way, either as a hoax or the real thing. As I said, if footage is crystal clear, I think it would be obvious if it were hoaxed or not.

Edited by barncat

I would guess that the reason most people think the Patterson footage was hoaxed is simply because they "know" that a creature like that can't exist, not because of the appearance of the subject in the film.

^^^^^

Not true. Early skeptics declared it a hoax because she seems to have screwed up attributes aka apes do not have breasts, females apes lack crests so on and so forth. To them she resembled a mixed bag of parts assembled wrong.

And many people say it screams man in suit.

I disagree obviously but it is what it is

@Oonjerah

That gorrilla clip is very enlightening. The posture is extremely "Patty-like", and other than the leg length, the sequence is strikingly similar. Great find!

Edited by BC witness

Biped Zoo Gorilla Throws Light on Filmstar Patty

http://frontiersofzoology.blogspot.com/2012/01/biped-zoo-gorilla-throws-light-on.html

"This unusual behaviour for a gorilla does afford us one important feature in a
Cryptozoological sense: we can compare how Ambam looks walking upright to the
longer-legged Sasquatch filmed by Roger Patterson and Bob Gimlin in 1967, "Patty"

"Many viewers note that "Patty's" top part looks overall like a gorilla and often skeptics
use this to say that Patty's anatomy is impossible since Gorillas are not capable of
walking upright, their center off gravty is too low (Napier ... "

That is interesting. You should have started a new thread with this.

To me, the film itself is adequate to answer Napier's issues, which I never thought were science-based.  Shoot, one could deny the duck-billed platypus forever with that approach!

The duck-billed platypus : one of the cutest creatures I've ever seen. 

I enjoy pretending that they are still a cryptid ... in the northern hemisphere. 

I see it as a lesson in intellectual humility: 

"Pay attention, kids, because ... You - Don't - Know - What's - Possible!"  

Gorillas that walk erect, like Patty -- instead of men, an interesting surprise. 

I usually base my opinions about a video on how the subject moves. I have some experience watching animals and have learned that large massive animals move differently from smaller and less massive ones. If the subject doesn't show the effects of inertia that I would expect from a large animal but more in keeping with a human then I usually just assume human. I also assume human if the subject is wandering aimlessly as wild animals travel directly and with purpose. They know where they're going. Real wild animals also keep watch around them but don't sweat small stuff. Real animals walk through briar patches. Humans walk around them. Wild animals also don't run without purpose. They conserve their energy. And large animals that can defend themselves walk away slowly. When they run, they run FAST!! Not the paltry, half-hearted "running" you see in some of these videos.