A Plan For Discovery

hiflier

Yes, a plan needs to be in place to address the tree canopies and vantage points.

I think one should also put the drivers and receivers no more than 20 ft apart (unless they are covering a clearing).  In the dense vegetation, 20 ft is a long way.

I don't hold out much hope for this idea unfortunately. My guess is that it is a gross oversimplification of what would be required.

Personally, I think what the NAWAC are doing is the best shot. I haven't been over to Project Grendel but if it encourages a few local groups to replicate NAWAC in some further privately owned 'hotspots', then I think that would be the way forward, if obtaining a specimen is the goal.

Anything other than obtaining a specimen for public scrutiny would merely be a personal verification or expansion of knowledge in my opinion.

Hiflier, I'm sure I've read of your own plan to investigate particular agencies in your quest of trying to establish if a cadaver or body parts were already in their possession. What is preventing you from expediting this? In particular, I recall ptangier giving you a very useful potential lead to follow up on.

^^^That.

What is lacking in NAWAC's approach is time and money.  Otherwise, they're going to solve this, unless ...well, you know, bipto is, like, hoaxing us. 

YES I THINK WE ARE DONE WITH THAT ON THE NAWAC THREAD THANK YOU STOP

Hello All,

A Bigfoot is intelligent and knows the lay of the land....the darn things haven't managed to evade us this long without being pretty darn smart.

It's why the group doing the "drive" should be a large one. IMO those at the ends of the drive line will have the job of turning any Creatures ahead of them in toward the middle of the line to keep them between the drivers and spotters. 

Amy time you get people on a hunt with guns in close proximity to each other, it's loaded with danger. This is why I advocate the use of a short range weapon. A 12 ga pump action shotgun with a heavy slug. Maximum energy delivered on target and with the reduced range it will be safer for your crew. That's my choice, but you have to have people close enough to be killed by an errant round. My second choice would be the Marlim .444. Relatively short range, but highly accurate, excellent stopping power.

I like this thinking but I am still leary of the risks.

Norse, 90% of visuals are at elevations less than 1,000ft, and 91% of non visuals are under 1,000ft in the area that hiflier's taking about throughout the year.

Of course that doesn't mean that they don't frequent higher elevations because they do as is shown in the 10% and 9% respectively, but it does mean they most certainly aren't restricted to them in the area in question.

Interesting.

This is a fine example of how valuable your work is BobbyO. That kind of data is extremely valuable. I will be tapping you for micro-regional information if I may. 

I like it, but I wouldn't tell anyone about it before hand.  I would simply secure permits at a few locations for group camping.  So no one knows you are Bigfoot hunting. I would wait to select the location til everyone is in the general locality. The idea is to reduce the possibility of locals trying to hoax the group.

Good advice Drew, Hate to be a hoax victim. 

all I can say is good luck.

You know, that's will be what it will take ;)

Hello All,

Yes, a plan needs to be in place to address the tree canopies and vantage points. I think one should also put the drivers and receivers no more than 20 ft apart (unless they are covering a clearing).  In the dense vegetation, 20 ft is a long way.

I agree. It's why I said in the OP to hold the distances to 20-40ft- at the very least keeping each member in eye contact. Should part of the party encounter a steep drop off the line halts until the rest come down anround the obstacle and redeploys below it once again in front before proceeding down the slope.

Hiflier, I'm sure I've read of your own plan to investigate particular agencies in your quest of trying to establish if a cadaver or body parts were already in their possession. What is preventing you from expediting this? In particular, I recall ptangier giving you a very useful potential lead to follow up on.

Not really for this thread but tht plan is still very much alive. It was contingent upon my retiring full time(which I am now as of the last two weeks) to take advantage of business hours. I will begin in my state of Maine and go from there after I get a feel for things. 

What is lacking in NAWAC's approach is time and money.  Otherwise, they're going to solve this, unless ...well, you know, bipto is, like, hoaxing us. 

Time and money DWA, ain't it the truth! I hope the NAWAC does succeed myself. This plan is being put forth more or less as a contingency should next year not see progress. 

SSR Team

Any time Mr H..

Hello Rockape,

Gettin' a bit mileage outa that one, eh? ;) And actually no. How it slipped my mind I'll never know. I'm going to invest in the stuff though because by the time you're done it'll be in every rucksack from Vancouver to Miami. Would I have to open them BEFORE I roll 'em down the slope or could I depend on "Luck" hisself to end up with the money shot to a BF's head?

Hiflier-  Soooo that's it huh? A money shot? Is that what it is to you. Tell me you are kidding.

Edited by ptangier

Hello All,

At this juncture I'd like to open up the dalogue a bit to begin the process of gathering names of people in the Sasquatch arena. This can be an interesting phase because the list should be populated with individuals that, in your opinion, would be good motivations for your wanting to be involved in such a plan as outlined in the OP.

For instance, if I were to contact say, Dr. Jeffrey Meldrum and he thought it a good enough idea to be in attendance would you be more willing to give the matter more consideration for attending the week-long exercise yourselves? or maybe Derek Randles, or someone else familiar with the area and the task like perhaps our own BobbyO or Norseman? Maybe someone from another well establish organization or an individual like NathanFooter? Are these folks that you would want to meet and join in with for such an enterprise?

There are of course many others and I simply picked those particular ones because a lot of you have heard of them and dialogued with at least several right here on this Forum. If Bipto could be persuaded to be a part of the project? i think you understand. Back in the early days of Bigfootery the heavies were the likes of John Green, Rene Dahinden, Bob Titmus, and Grover Krantz. But these days have their heavies too with experience as well as knowledge. Would their presence or even a few of them being on board give the plan more weight?

I invite you to submit those who you consider, for want of a more precise word, experts in the field that you would enjoy meeting and working with.

Hello ptangier,

Of course not. it was right up there with the rest of the humor I was trying to invoke. I mean it WAS about a can of LUCK's Beans........with ONIONS :)

Edited by hiflier

Hello ItsAsquatch,

Coonbo? Absolutely. Bobo? Gotta think about that one- conflict of interest? IDK. A lot of folks think he's pretty cool. No howling or tree knocking though. How about yourself? Would you go?

Edited by hiflier

"Bigfoot, these people are planning to kill you"- Im telling the BF all of your misguided plans, telepathically of course.

There are lots of great blogtalk shows, I don't think any are 'pro-kill'.  I think people who have had close encounters would just laugh at you guys.

Lets hear you guys call up the blog-talk shows with your big plans of going out to 'hunt' the best hunter on the planet. The absurdity is draining. I would love to hear all of the pro-kill peoples plans on air.

Sasquatch Chronicles would be a great call-in show. Very few people call into these shows. Lets hear the plans. We could use the entertainment.

First your going to purposely find one, almost impossible, carrying a what, 50 cal? Then your going to calmly shoot it, while it can't see you.

Please, put up or shut up. Schedule a blogtalk with SC please.

Edited by Wag

Hello Wag,

I respectully ask if you would point out where in the OP or this thread there has been ANY talk about shooting anything. It's just simply not there. I'm not a hunter, I don't own a gun. This plan is for a camping, Sasquatch search type expedition involving around a hundred searchers working together as a team. A hunt-to-kill program it is not.

Edited by hiflier

Lots of hilarious 'kill', stalking talk on first page. It would be so great to hear this on blogtalk, thats all I be sayin. If its so funny to read, it may be 'bust a gut' nonsense on a good blogtalk show, if they could even get on.