Survivorman Bigfoot A-Z

PBeaton

BFF Patron

Less kind of slipped in sometime during the Saturday afternoon presentations and I was not aware he was the special guest until it was announced. He stayed through the presentations and the Q&A session at the end and piped up with a few good responses to the panel. He has quite a sense of humor that I have not seen in his survivor man series. If he is on his own for the series of 6 shows, I think it will be quite good. Hopefully by now he knows enough to know when he is getting contact if he can refrain from tree knocking. Certainly on his own there will be no chance of human intervention to muddy the waters.

BFF Patron

He did have a camera but he was too busy filming his scared self!

Actually he was too busy keeping the flare from catching his scared self on fire. 

BFF Patron

The totally illogical thing about the flare thing is if the flares were the only thing that kept the Sasquatches from getting him than night, why did they loose interest when he ran out of flares?    Are we supposed to believe it was Smokey the Sasquatch who was only worried about him setting a forest fire? 

• 3 months later...
Guest sixxgunner

I just don't see how some of these can be explained at natural. I can't recall coming across anything like your first picture. Those look placed.

BFF Patron

Saw a preview ad of Less Stroud's Survivorman Bigfoot show that starts airing April 3. One of 6 shows. There are some tantalizing brief shots of something very bigfoot like. Have to make sure I see it. I don't think Standing is involved in this one.

I'd say Les is just jumping on the bf bandwagon.  He'll get viewers of course but nothing will come of it or be verified as a supposed sasquatch.  It's about money and ratings.  Hopefully he doesn't gain weight and use walking poles!  :-)

t.

I'm a huge fan of Les just for what he's done with Survivorman over the years. It's such a great show; one of the few high points on the bleak horizon of television today. The fact that he did (and is going to continue to do at least 6 more) Bigfoot shows just sweetens the pot for me. I honestly don't really think it's about money or ratings, because here you have a guy that has spent a substantial amount of time in the woods on his own, and obviously he's heard and perhaps even seen things he can't readily explain. He was talking about these occurences in interviews well before the first 'Survivorman: Bigfoot' episodes were made and aired. To me, it seemed it was only a matter of time until he did something in this vein. I just hope his involvement with TS didn't hurt his reputation too badly. I know at least one of the upcoming shows is from East Texas with another bigfooter, so that was welcome news to me. The wife and I are definitely looking forward to the next episodes of this show!

BFF Patron

I got the impression all through his involvement with Standing that he did not trust him.   Standing chose the location and had total control of what Stroud experienced.   Les even made a off hand comment at the Sasquatch summit about his experience with Standing.   You don't see it on the show so much but he has a real sense of humor.    It could have been PR, but at the Summit, his comments about the 6th episode were intriguing.     It was like they had something already but needed something else to finish the series.    Just my impression from his comments.   For sure his Survivorman Bigfoot episodes did some damage to Finding Bigfoot.     One or two people with their own camera gear are far more likely to have an encounter than a herd of people running around in the woods. 

BFF Patron

The original two part was on Science and Discovery Channels.    I cannot find anything about the new series on line.   It is not on Strouds own website either.     I just heard an announcement on TV last night about the 6 part series but did not catch what network. 

Episode 6 was filmed in Texas. 

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

I viewed his involvement with TS as a necessary evil, and I don't much hold it against him. If you are starting bascially from scratch in a field, and have a schedule that requires you to get up to speed as fast as you can, you are going to have to rely on others, and you can't always pick and choose who that is going to be. The both got something out of the bargain, obviously. That Stroud is apparently moving on is an endorsement of his cred, I think.

I'd watch this guy demonstrate how to pick your nose, as I agree with many who think he has real knowledge to impart on how to keep your butt alive in the woods. More than that, I get a sense he truly has learned the humility that comes with that knowledge.  

I viewed his involvement with TS as a necessary evil, and I don't much hold it against him. If you are starting bascially from scratch in a field, and have a schedule that requires you to get up to speed as fast as you can, you are going to have to rely on others, and you can't always pick and choose who that is going to be. The both got something out of the bargain, obviously. That Stroud is apparently moving on is an endorsement of his cred, I think.

I'd watch this guy demonstrate how to pick your nose, as I agree with many who think he has real knowledge to impart on how to keep your butt alive in the woods. More than that, I get a sense he truly has learned the humility that comes with that knowledge.  

Awesomely put! I didn't hold it against him, either, after learning much about TS after the fact. I think Les brought a credibility to the subject that "other" shows don't necessarily do. I, too, would watch the demonstration you mentioned, because Les is the man. Survivorman or Survivorman: Bigfoot (or Off The Grid, snowshoes & Solitude, etc..), I look forward to everything he does.