Survivorman Bigfoot A-Z

PBeaton

I believe that airs here in the Midwest tomorrow Friday. If I have some time I will make an effort to tune in myself.

watching it with my dad tomorrow

Admin

He also mentioned later it could have been a large rock thrown, not a tree falling.

Not sure how someone can confuse a tree fall with a rock throw. Look forward to watching the episodes.

Edited by gigantor

BFF Patron

Stroud displayed a real sense of humor at the Sasquatch Summit I have never seen on his shows. He is basically a teacher on his survival shows so maybe this series will allow the funny guy to come out. Hopefully not in the same form that "Finding Bigfoot" has incorporated lately.

Guest JiggyPotamus

Was there anything good in this episode? I probably won't watch it unless it is actually any good. I like Les Stroud and all, but it gets kind of old watching uneventful bigfoot shows over and over again. I saw that it was on TV last night, but I just watched for a few minutes. There was a seal skeleton and the ribs and vertebrae seemed perfectly intact, which Stroud said was quite odd, especially considering the large grass nest that was found a few feet away. It appeared that something was bedding down in the grass on that spot, likely eating the seal. Most likely not a bigfoot, but that was all I watched. So my question is whether this episode actually finds anything interesting? Obviously he didn't prove the species, or I would have heard about it by now, but did he at least see a sasquatch?

^It's a TV series just like Survivorman. It's the critical thinking version of a Bigfoot show, where he actually throws out other possibilities of the things he finds and experiences.

It also shows that if you're looking for Bigfoot, then you'll start associating Bigfoot to things you've experienced. The tree crashing in this episode is a good example of that. Les says he experienced trees crashing before and thought it was cool to be there when the tree rots away and falls. This time he gets spooked because he has Bigfoot on his mind. You can see how he psyches himself out thinking that Bigfoot could possibly be responsible.

Edited by roguefooter

Not sure how someone can confuse a tree fall with a rock throw. Look forward to watching the episodes.

He didn't see it, he just heard it. He was pretty certain it was a tree falling, and only made one quick mention that it could have been a large rock being thrown. The area is heavily forested so a large rock crashing through branches could sound like a tree falling I'm sure.

Does anyone know how Les's son is doing?

I really enjoy watching Les's videos.  The fact that he makes them himself, all alone, while other "survivor" shows have a dressing trailer, full camera crew and probably catered dinners of camera is what makes his type of "reality TV" real.

I saw the first episode and was impressed with it.  He seems to have a reasonable view point. Should be one of the better bigfoot series to date.  ( but that's not saying much, i know) 

He didn't see it, he just heard it. He was pretty certain it was a tree falling, and only made one quick mention that it could have been a large rock being thrown. The area is heavily forested so a large rock crashing through branches could sound like a tree falling I'm sure.

Aren't rocks usually thrown NEAR the person, where they can see it?

Also, I noticed Les explained how a hoaxer could get the large tracks going *uphill and *such a far distance apart-- by wearing (?) the fake feet backwards, and walking DOWNhill. Hmmm... Made me wonder if he was referring to the scene from his "earlier" show.  Probably just a possible explanation, though.

I liked it when Les was doing those last knocks, and he said that if he got an answer this time, he was ready to leave. <g> Just tickled me...

I got aggravated at all the commercial time.

He seemed freaked out about it (the tree/rock), whatever it was. In that state, he was probably going over all of the possibilities about what it could've been. So it's easy to cut him some slack on that one, imo. As far as his son goes, I'm pretty sure I saw on Les's facebook page that Logan had made a full recovery. Very, very good news!

^ Great news about his son, thanks Flavius.

Don't put much stock into the "it could have been a rock thrown" statement. I only mentioned it because Les did and as I said, it was one quick mention that it was a possibility, and I agree with him. I see no reason to "cut him some slack", it isn't needed.

And yes, rocks are usually thrown AT someone, but I have heard of cases where they were tossed at a distance, often into the water. I suppose they would just be trying to make some noise to let someone know they are encroaching on their territory or interrupting a hunt.

And as I said earlier, I think Les was already a bit edgy before the tree break. The "nest" with the skeleton was freaky. It would have put me on edge, I know that. I believe he had found the possible tracks before he heard the tree break also. He knew all the stories the natives tell about that area before he went in there. At the point the tree fell, things were sort of "piling up", the sort of things that can make even a hardened skeptic or seasoned outdoorsman think twice about what is going on and where they are, alone in the wilderness.

Also, I noticed Les explained how a hoaxer could get the large tracks going *uphill and *such a far distance apart-- by wearing (?) the fake feet backwards, and walking DOWNhill. Hmmm... Made me wonder if he was referring to the scene from his "earlier" show.  Probably just a possible explanation, though.

He seemed to be trying to distance himself from Todd Standing, which is a good thing. Hopefully Les has done some more research and is learning who to trust and who not to trust.

Edited by Rockape

I watched live Friday evening and also recorded it. Haven't checked the recording but if memory serves, he said the sound could have been either a large rock or log being thrown. I've seen a few of his shows over the last few years (just not a huge TV viewer) and he is obviously the real deal as well as being skilled at passing his knowledge along to viewers. His handling of this subject is even handed and honest, well worth watching IMHO.

YT has pulled the video down...