Misidentification

Any mocking I've done, Sheri, is from willful responses from posters. Certainly not unto anyone willfully admitting a medical condition.

Your second sentence, second paragraph, illustrates the need to read up.  Everything else that has the volume and consistency of evidence we have for sasquatch - that would be everything, no exceptions - has been proven.  You may think it's not evidence.  Doesn't change that, according to the most rigorous definition a scientist could use, it is.

Science works both to prove and disprove.  Most of the great scientific finds have been made by people trying to prove - or by the discovery, proving - something, not disprove it.  Simple fact.

I didn't say anything about approaching this scientifically. Antfoot you have given reasons for seeing a bigfoot and one was hallucinating, using yourself as an example in that you hallucinate. It is unreasonable because hallucinating is not common. wheather you do or not, I really don't know. Because I don't know you. If you do then  maybe that's how you see life and expect people to be like you. I can say that's not the norm.

You Incorrigible, have said not so nice things and even mocked people on this forum, so you have no room to talk. Not one skeptic on here has shown sympathy for believers or those who know they exist. Did I ever say that what I saw wasn't flesh and blood ? Did I ever say I talked to it telepathically ?

You claimed I could not fathom bigfoot. I dispute this as I have been an avid reader of forteana overall and bigfoot in particular since I was a boy. I claim that you can not fathom the nature of hallucinations. I have a doctor and a therapist to whom I listen. I also read about my condition. Can you make this claim?

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11166087

This abstract says that 38.7%of respondents to a survey reported hallucinatory experiences in their lives. So "uncommon" is not the appropriate word.

I don't buy it incorrigible ? It's that simple. I don't buy it.

Please to take that up with the poster you're accusing.

Antefoot if you would be willing to share, I would like to know what you see that you say is not there.

It varies David. My experiences have changed over the years and they are not always the same from day to day. What I experience in regular hallucination is not what most people experience. I have it on a daily basis. Most people do not. Many conditions can spur hallucinatory experiences. sleep and the deprivation of are both common causes of hallucinations. of course, drugs and other chemicals can also produce them. Stress is another big one.

Most of hallucinations today are fairly banal. mumbling voices, cats in the house, joggers (shudder) and a whole slew of ordinary looking fare. When I was younger and before I started medication, I had more extreme stuff including monsters, zombies (not walking dead style) and calliope music. just to give you an idea of what it's like.

you can't fathom the idea of a bigfoot being real antfoot. That's why you used the misidentification and hallucinating ideas.

Your second sentence, second paragraph, illustrates the need to read up.  Everything else that has the volume and consistency of evidence we have for sasquatch - that would be everything, no exceptions - has been proven.  You may think it's not evidence.  Doesn't change that, according to the most rigorous definition a scientist could use, it is.

Science works both to prove and disprove.  Most of the great scientific finds have been made by people trying to prove - or by the discovery, proving - something, not disprove it.  Simple fact.

The fact that I do not think the evidence is compelling (or even evidence, some of it) does change that. I still do not toss out the bigfoot idea out of hand though. I simply say there is an insufficiency of evidence.

"Proof" is not a tangible in science. Falsifying a claim is easier to do. If a claim is not falsified, science considers it to be potentially true.

you can't fathom the idea of a bigfoot being real antfoot. That's why you used the misidentification and hallucinating ideas.

So I've been reading about bigfoot for forty years for what? I certainly can fathom a real bigfoot. I hope that bigfoot is real. I even have my own ideas about how bigfoot evolved and lives today. I also have standards which I have adopted from my readings about science. I do not claim bigfoot is real nor do I claim bigfoot is unreal. I do pose questions and some here become offended by those questions. That is all.

Well, as it happens when hallucinations are mere routine.

At least I admit I am fallible and not some all knowing perfect bigfoot hunter.

So, since you've been reading about bigfoot for 40 years, haven't you ever had a bigfoot hallucination?

Edited by Sasfooty

At least I admit I am fallible and not some all knowing perfect bigfoot hunter.

Report reader extraordinaire. (DWA, that is.)

Edited by Incorrigible1

So, since you've been reading about bigfoot for 40 years, haven't you ever had a bigfoot hallucination?

Nope, not one. Sadly ? : (

Thanks Incorrigible lol

I had an hallucination once. I was reading a book, & for no reason that I can think of, I saw a flash of a blue truck coming up the driveway. It was really strange. About 30 minutes later, I was in the garden picking tomatoes, when I heard somebody coming up the driveway. It was the same blue truck that I had seen in my "hallucination", exactly as I had seen it.