N A W A C - Field Study Discussion (2)

See-Te-Cah NC

^

I think even if a bulldozer attempted to snap off an oak at the base, the tree would uproot before breaking.

t.

I think there is many variables involved with where a tree will break if it isn't uprooted. it depends on where the weak spot is, and if there is a significant one. There could be more than one critter in the tree also, which could make all the difference if working together. I use to climb many tree's as a kid, and bent a few over by just extending a portion of my body out from the trunk enough to get it to lean enough to where I could hand by my hands. If I got it that far, it was possible to bend it all the way to the ground or close enough to drop a short distance. Still quite a feat on the scale of a 24" Dia. tree.

Some will no doubt roll their eyes heavily at the idea of a "tag team" of wood apes. But, ya know... if we are considering all scenarios on both sides of the opinion....and we should...it has to be included, I think.  Good point.

So now we're considering a concerted effort by multiple wood apes? Any faint crack and bigfoot gets shoehorned back into the conversation. Not surprised...

One bigfoot could not have done it. I know! It was multiple bigfoots! 

Yes, my eyes are rolling.

Edited by dmaker

It wasn't anything, so far, except...a mystery based on a sketchy description. Not to say it isn't intruiging, and I think we all agree it is, no matter your personal beliefs.

I do think when you have a mystery, you should lay out all theories, and set aside the clearly impossible. If the existence of BF is viewed as clearly impossible to anyone, I would expect them to contribute another theory that we can consider, and one that fits the description. Wishful thinking about wood apes rattling trees is no different than wishful theories about wind when none was present, I think.  

I'm just waiting to see where it goes, if anywhere. First order of business is to verify with a photo, if such exists. Until then, not much more you can say about it, really, don't you agree? 

I respect tree knowledge Squatchy...most come by the experience the hard way, and it is an extremely dangerous field to be experienced in. (I've got a surgery and a scar to testify to that...splitting wedge fragment I caught below the knee...cheap lesson)

I'm just waiting to get more information on this incidenet, if it is avaiable. And no, it doesn't have to be a monkey in my book. It just has to be something, even if that something is: We just are not able to say.

Great area of the state Yuchi. My work used to take me to the Shoals area frequently, and I miss that. Limestone County, along the Elk is another area up N. I am fond of, and used to hunt. The tornadoes of a couple of years ago really trashed Athens and the vicinity, so I'm expecting the woods are fairly tangled up, and will be for a long while. The flats outside of town, near Brown's Ferry, looked liked they'd been carpet bombed.

Jackson county in NE Alabama reminds me of the Kiamichi's in LeFlore county, Oklahoma with the upper end of Guntersville reservoir, flanked by Sand, Poorhouse, Womack, Howell, etc. mountains that actually exceed Lynn mountain (~2600') in LeFlore county.

You're not in the music business are you? FAME and MSM studio's there used to be big time. Dad retired (1988) as Supt. of Power Service in Muscle Shoals for the TVA, meaning he was in charge of maintaining electric power production in their Hydro, Steam & Nuclear power plants.

WSA, you claim to "carry no brief for bigfoot", but to me that seems to be really all that you are doing in this thread. The moment someone casually mentions being in trees with friends in childhood you jump at it and say we must now include multiple bigfoots in the list of possibilities. I mean no offense, but to me it seems like your primary objective here is to keep bigfoot on the table.

Edited by dmaker

Not so, I'd love to have all comers weigh in. In the end, we should all want the theory that is going to best fit the description. So far, we've got fairly implausible explanations on both sides, including that one. "Wind" is a good and obvious theory if it fits the observation, but so far it also seems implausible, under the description.

Unless there is some limitation on how many hypothetical BF's can be in a tree at the same time, we have to say it is on the board.  If you give me some more theories from your point of view, they go up there too, from my p.o.v.  That said, only one object was believed to have been seen running from the scene, and presumably (!) no squashed wood ape(s) was/were found, so that tends to say if it was an animal, there was only one.

This doesn't have to have a conclusion, but it does have to be something, because I'm approaching it from the premise that it did happen.

So..open mind here, I assure you.

So now we're considering a concerted effort by multiple wood apes? Any faint crack and bigfoot gets shoehorned back into the conversation. Not surprised...

One bigfoot could not have done it. I know! It was multiple bigfoots! 

Yes, my eyes are rolling.

LOL , sorry I mentioned possibilities , but bears break tree's too right? Now it is very plausible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUHPx_cFKOc

WSA, you claim to "carry no brief for bigfoot", but to me that seems to be really all that you are doing in this thread. The moment someone casually mentions being in trees with friends in childhood you jump at it and say we must now include multiple bigfoots in the list of possibilities. I mean no offense, but to me it seems like your primary objective here is to keep bigfoot on the table.

Well, Honestly dmaker, This **is** a Bigfoot forum, and talking about BF is what we are mostly here for so we can learn about these creatures from other people who have had encounters with them.   :o  Keeping BF front and center should be okay at a Bigfoot Forum...

Edited by SweetSusiq

Well, Honestly dmaker, This **is** a Bigfoot forum, and talking about BF is what we are mostly here for so we can learn about these creatures from other people who have had encounters with them.   :o  Keeping BF front and center should be okay at a Bigfoot Forum...

Front and center is one thing.  However grasping at straws and attributing things to bigfoot that just could not possibly be do nothing but harm your cause. When ridiculous bigfoot claims go unchallenged they end up in the popular ( bigfoot wise) knowledge base. This is bad because it leads to things like Matt Moneymaker on television claiming that bigfoots have bioluminescent eyes. Encouraging people to come up with various ways that an alleged event could be caused by bigfoot regardless of how preposterous that scenario might be is nothing more than bigfoot folklore creation at ground zero. I thought people in this thread wanted more reality and truth.

• Upvote 1

Pretty sure I was the one suggesting two BF initially. Don't blame it on WSA...

A herd of floating cattle would have the necessary mass and elevational characteristics, the sympathetic resonance need to render the two foot trunk might have been induced intentionally or even accidentally.

So if Bipto saw it happen, how is that grasping at straws?  It's not like this was just some random event that everyone just decided to attribute to wood ape activity. 

I think it's more a question of whether you believe Bipto or not. 

Edited by arizonabigfoot