N A W A C - Field Study Discussion (2)

See-Te-Cah NC

Um...other primates do it? Only point necessary to make here.

Other primates do it? So what? And the question remains the same... What's the point??

The property that they supposedly have permission to carry weapons on, is only 10 acres.  At least from what I'm reading.  Unless they have permission from all of the surroundng land owners of course.

It's my understanding that the property is surrounded by National Forest. You don't need permission to carry weapons there.

Tell that to the kids who were fired upon by ;drug crazed hippies'.

Or wait until the next incident.

Either way I'm excusing myself from the Topic At Hand until which time BB decides to show evidence. This has gone on too many threads and long enough that I call BS on the entire escapade.

All his evidence are belong to Zero.

Edited by Squatchy McSquatch
  • Upvote 1

Tell that to the kids who were fired upon by ;drug crazed hippies'.

Or wait until the next incident.

What???

Edited by norseman

The team departed for home the next morning. Shortly after reestablishing cell phone coverage, Mr. Branson contacted the team and informed them that his nephew and his nephew's girlfriend had driven to the site the previous day. The nephew left his truck parked at the property gate and had begun to walk up the path toward the cabins when he heard what he mistook to be machine gun fire. He ran back to his truck and fled the area, apparently damaging his truck in the process. Colyer never saw or heard the truck prior to its departure, nor did he see or hear the two people. Their position, relative to Colyer's, was to the west through the dense forest, while the animal Colyer was attempting to collect was to his southwest. Neither they nor their vehicle was ever in the line of fire. 

Following the conversation with Mr. Branson, team members made contact with Branson's son, a deputy sheriff in the area, and related the events to him. He advised contacting the County Sheriff's Office, since the nephew had reported that he had been shot at with a machine gun by "druggies." After communicating with the sheriff's office twice, the matter was dropped. Upon learning of the damage to his truck, said to amount to $1200, the NAWAC offered the nephew $2,000 to help offset the cost of repairs. The check was cashed a few days after it was sent. Following a break of approximately one week, the NAWAC resumed Operation Endurance to its planned completion.

He is referring to the Echo Incident.  Where the guy out in the woods with his date thought he was shot at by the NAWAC member 

Using his Remington 1100 Tac-4 12 gauge auto-loading shotgun, loaded with 000 buckshot followed by slugs, he attempted to collect the animal for scientific analysis, firing all the rounds in rapid succession.

the victim told the police:

that he had been shot at with a machine gun by "druggies." 

If you don't believe me, you can actually read the incident here: http://woodape.org/index.php/news/news/204-the-echo-incident

OB Got it first.- edit

Edited by Drew

I know that the possibility of hoaxing in Area X has been refuted many times but the small size of the property certainly makes hoaxing easily possible if the neighboring properties aren't free fire zones. With 10 acres we are talking about a square of property 660'x660' or more likely a rectangle of 330'x1320'. Depending on local setback ordinances the cabins could be only 10' or so from the neighboring property. Maybe Yuchi1 can shed some light on cabin placement and relation to neighbors?

Other primates do it? So what? And the question remains the same... What's the point??

So, you want to answer the questions before confirming the animal?  Hey, more power to you, and good luck.

Guest Stan Norton

The point is that the tree snapping reported by NAWAC is consistent with known ape behaviour. What's so hard to follow? What point are you attempting to make?

24" diameter, healthy tree snapping is not consistent with known ape behavior.  It is not consistent with any animal behavior.

Guest Stan Norton

I said tree snapping. I wasn't there to pass comment on what did or did not in reality happen. Or what size or condition the tree was in. Tree snapping is documented ape behaviour.

The "Echo incident" happened on private property, which evidently the NAWAC has permission to be on.

This has ZERO to do with a US citizen having a constitutional right to carry a weapon on US Forest Service property. You do not need permission to exercise your 2A rights on federal lands.......... The park service got away with this for many years and it's law banning firearms in national parks was struck down in 2010. But the USFS has never had such a law to begin with.