N A W A C - Field Study Discussion (2)

See-Te-Cah NC

No.  We were doing quite well just trying to prove the physics of the tree-break.

No proof of existence arguments were involved in that.

The decision to pull the plug on that discussion was above my pay grade.

Bipto may be gone, but there are still discussions to be had. Members may visit his other outlets and discuss the claims of the NAWAC here, and there are other points to discuss, such as these:

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/47032-n-a-w-a-c-field-study-discussion-2/?p=850318

http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/47032-n-a-w-a-c-field-study-discussion-2/?p=850343

• Upvote 2

I disagree with a species such as Oak.

Prove it.

Hi Norse,

Tree branchs on the perimeter of a tree canopy are smaller than the lower level branchs. The inner section of a tree is known as "Heartwood" and provides the support

of the tree. Heartwood is a composite of hollow, needlelike cellulose fibers bound together by a chemical glue called lignin, and is in many ways as strong as steel. Outer limbs are extremely flexible, and that allows the branch to bend almost 180 deg. The force from that action will travel down the branch until it reaches a weaker point and then snap. A large amount of force will travel about 8 to 10 inches past the Apex/Fulcrum point of the bend and break. A small amount of force will travel about 12 to 18 inches and break. The cellulose fibers within the Heartwod are tightly compacted and causes applied force to dissipate very quickly as it travels down the branch. Horizontal forces are the starting point for the reaction, but that force transitions into a vertical force. In Drew's photo, the branch indicated by the white would be able to handle a pretty good amount of force but would bend and then break less than a foot or two beyond the apex/Fulcrum point of the bend. The area circled in red would experience very little force generated by the breaking of a higher branch since it is dissipating as it travels and runs out of momentum! Basically, the higher up the tree the faster it will break. To break that tree at the area circled in red would almost need the force of a Tornado, but even with that, the tree would more than likely uproot way before it would break. Tensile strength of the many species of Trees will dictate that breaking points and will vary considerably. Height and size of the tree are also a factor as well.  Any Botanist/Dendrologist can corroborate that.

Edited by See-Te-Cah NC
Remove double quote
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for your contribution to the thread, so in your opinion and with your apparent knowledge of the area, how likely does it seem that there is legitimate "Woodape" activity in the region? Is it possible that poachers may be trying to run off anyone (like woodape investigators) by various means including pelting cabins with rocks, acting squatchy, and creating a general sense of Bigfoot-ness? Seems like that would be a dangerous game....

Also, is there any history of Bear poaching in that area?

The southern boundary of the lease lies ~600 yards from Mr. Branson's place and speaking strictly of observations made on said lease, no evidence of UHS/Sasquatch activity has been discovered. This includes visual contact, vocalisations, tracks, tree breaks, tree bows, X formations, pinwheel formations, hair or tissue evidence.

I have observed evidence of UHS activity in location(s) several miles from the lease during camping trips made ~9 years ago.

Illegal drug activity (in the Kiamichi Mountains) has been a staple for decades (first, pot and now, meth) and with the arrival of mexican drug cartels a few years ago, it has amped up dramatically. This is a major reason the lease perimeter is checked on a regular basis, year-round as the last thing we'd want is these guys setting up shop there.

As far as the stone throwing incident(s), there are probably people (including kids) wanting to hoax and/or that don't want a group prowling around the forest, for a variety of reasons.  When the acorns are falling (especially at night, on our bunkhouse) it can sound like a hailstorm and wind only increases the racket. 

NAWAC's ability to function appears to be limited to the 10 acres as they've not indicated (publically) anywhere I've noted, they have permission to be on any other private property in the vicinity.  It would also be interesting to know the actual reason Mr. Branson's nephew & GF were there during the Echo Incident.

Mr. Branson has spoken with many people about this (at the Honobia BF Festival, among others) incident, and with local LE being cognizant as well, it was no secret as to NAWAC's purpose plus, a high number of local persons know where his (Branson) place is located.  IMO, this probably neutered any semblance of covert operations on NAWAC's part.

Deer/Black Bear poaching is a way of life among several clans of the locals and another reason for vigilance on the lease property.

BTW, these comments are strictly my opinion as formed by observations and knowledge of events, other than NAWAC's operations.

Admin

Thanks Yuchi1 and I fully understand these are just your opinions. So I'm trying to get a sense of the environment in that area and what could (alternatively) be happening. Indeed there appears to be evidence that the Mexican Cartels have been operating in that area http://www.theolympian.com/2009/09/27/1018600/mexican-pot-growers-elude-border.html. Combine that with the poaching and it looks like there might be quite a few individuals or groups in the area who would have good reason for trying intimidate (by various means) people who are snooping around. 

Guest Stan Norton

Maybe there is a furtive drugged up mariachi band lurking in the woods of Oklahoma trying to do people's heads in...maybe that's what NAWAC have been chasing all these years? Their sequins could be mistaken for eyeshine.

Edited by Stan Norton

Sure.......drug lords perpetuating the myth of Bigfoot as a cover for their operations!

Sounds legit!

Information was conveyed to me by two sources who are believed to be reliable, of a couple incidents where a UHS was shot and killed by night time deer poachers in the general area. They were both killed over bait stations put out for the "mountain bucks" that basically live their entire lives operating in a nocturnal fashion so that a hunter almost never sees one during legal hunting hours. The first one, upon being shot and then identified by the poacher was left for dead and the second one, shot by another poacher, (as he crouched in a blind at the base of a cedar tree), was carried off by two other UHS while it was thrashing and gurgling in it's own blood.  IMO, there is probably a substantial history of like events hence, the reason they are not found in several areas and yet are in others, within the region.

Yuchi

Were you told when this happened?

What is it about the sources that makes you consider them reliable?

Were you told the locations of the bait stations?

Thanks

Admin

Sure.......drug lords perpetuating the myth of Bigfoot as a cover for their operations!

Sounds legit!

Pffft, I'm sure you're right. It's inconceivable that a multi-million dollar criminal enterprise might go to that much trouble just to avoid encroachment into their area.

Sounds legit!

The Mexican Drug Cartel said the same thing when they heard the Bigfooters were launching rocks on to a hillside with a Giant slingshot.

Pffft, I'm sure you're right. It's inconceivable that a multi-million dollar criminal enterprise might go to that much trouble just to avoid encroachment into their area.

This isn't a episode of scoobey doo...... If you get in their way? You die.

Can you point to a specific DEA case in which drug lords used a myth to cover their operations?

I would say it would have an opposite effect and draw national attention, and people like Bipto would flock in.....

Admin

I know, it's starting to look like an episode of Impractical Jokers.

Can you point to a specific BF (or flock) operating in that area? 

How much national attention are all the missing people/hikers/enthusiasts from the U.S. forests getting? 

• Upvote 1