What Are The Best Online Sources For Bigfoot Information?

Cotter

I appreciate your willingness to give me your adult supervision dmaker, but I can assure you I've thankfully passed through my younger years where I knew, absolutely, how everything down here worked in the nasty-now-and-now. It is one of the really nice things about the long view, and something I flatter myself by thinking I picked up on from all the old farts I hung out with from an early age. Still, my unlearning took concerted effort and I've got the scars to show for any who care to inspect them. 

My general cluelessness now a matter of public record, I'll retreat just this little bit. Between the two of us, I'm predicting only one has invested 30 years in reading thousands upon thousands of pages of transcribed sworn testimony. (BTW, "sworn" don't mean squat, if you think that is a distinction to make)  I think we know which of us that is, is all I'm saying.  :-)

Your argument from authority does little to sway me when you are comparing legal testimony to anonymous monster fiction.

Between the two of us, I'm predicting only one has invested 30 years in reading thousands upon thousands of pages of transcribed sworn testimony. (BTW, "sworn" don't mean squat, if you think that is a distinction to make)  I think we know which of us that is, is all I'm saying.  :-)

Badabing.

I mean, if you know you know you know, then who am I to worry about you?  But if you don't show your work, I am turning to someone who does that.

Good point. I asked you to show your work on two accounts: the calculations you used to arrive at the statistical probability that the reports are not all wrong or fabrications; and two, to demonstrate which primate traits are consistently described in the reports that you consider to be outside of common knowledge and therefore could only have been included as a direct result of observing the animal in the wild.

So, please....do show your work. 

Edited by dmaker

Good point. I asked you to show your work on two accounts: the calculations you used to arrive at the statistical probability that the reports are not all wrong or fabrications; and two, to demonstrate which primate traits are consistently described in the reports that are outside the grasp of the common person and therefore could only have been included as a direct result of observing the animal in the wild.

So, please....do show your work. 

Cool thing about this bro?

Don't have to.

I have a totally open mind on this.  You're the one who has decided beyond shadow of doubt. You have PROOF.

Whenever you want to show that.

See, you don't know:

1.  What the work is;

2.  Who is responsible for doing it;

3.  Who is awaiting the proof (as he drums his fingers on the table); and

4.  Who sounds like he's imagining a world here, in which He Just Knows and his name starts with a small d.

As I said:  I turn to the people who show their work.  That's my back you see.

Edited by DWA

So, in other words, no I will not show my work. But I will preach that others should, but I won't when asked. That is a pretty common thread with you. Talk, talk, talk. Asked to back something up.....nada. 

So since you will not show your work, no need to take you seriously.

• Upvote 2

You also seem to have this opinion that you are a person I need to convince, persuade, or, well, care about with regard to this.

Facts indicate otherwise.

OK, back on the topic.

How many have gone to the NAWAC and BFRO databases; read themselves a slew of reports; and are starting to see that these are as good online sources of bigfoot information as exist?

Show of hands...

I have no opinion that you need to convince me. It is impossible for you to convince me of anything. But please stop making empty claims to me if you are not going to back them up with anything other than " I don't have to convince you of anything". 

Here is the frustrating part of all of this....I can't show anyone my work.  Oh, I could tic you off the laundry list of credible factors, and I've done that here on a couple of occasions, but there will always be this impassable gulf between my experience, and knowledge, and yours. When I find somebody who shares my kinds of formative experiences, I can have that conversation. There are tons of people here who share that with me, and that is why I hang here to discuss this subject.

Only very, very rarely do I ever find somebody who DOESN'T share that, AND who has the ability to transcend their own experiences for some larger view. This is not a value judgment, or saying one is better than the other...it just is so.  You see, I'm more than able to take a skeptic's stance. Believe me, like you've never seen, even here in these pages. I choose not to do that, very consciously. I've lived that way, and viewed the world that way plenty in my time.  I've survived for a pretty long while in a profession that perversely rewards that view of the world, but I just refuse to let that take me over. What do they say? It takes one to know one? Yes it does.   

Actually, WSA, that's not frustrating to me at all.  I've done the work; I've put in the time...and I have seen few here, other than you and bipto, who can say they have.

I simply read the dissensions with my POV; note the information level and the source; put another one on Ignore, and proceed content.

^^ Of course, no need to consider dissenting arguments. They just get in the way. Easier to ignore and trod forward. 

understood

Out of curiosity,

Where are the posts that address online resources for research on Bigfoot in the last few posts?  Just wanderin' 

• Upvote 2

Fair enough point Trogluddite. I have offered some skeptical links. Until I have anymore to offer I will bow out of this thread. Sorry for the derail.