It Will Not Make Any Difference

Midnight Owl

Lots of jockeying for position and posturing on either side of the kill/no-kill position. I disagree, fundamentally, with the opening post, in that a bigfoot carcass will make profound waves in the scientific community. Within a few years, the discovery could change fundamental land-use and permissions upon vast tracts of federal land.

The claimed physical evidence has been found wanting, and clowns on the left, jokers on the right have been affronts to serious study. It's no wonder accredited scientific efforts have not been forthcoming. Those in the public eye, at outlandish press conferences or reality television shows, discourage study from creditable scientific fronts.

Yet when some amateur researcher proffers the carcass of an unclassified primate or hominid, or a severed limb or head of such, the scientific world will come to an abrupt standstill. And those would be interesting times, my friends.

• Upvote 1

As I said, we have plans to blunt the threat against confiscation, hence my terminology of the "glass case".

Oh also Iam a member of the RMEF, plant trees, and a sportsman, which by the Pittman Roberts act Iam taxed for conservation every time I make a sporting goods purchase.

Yes, I take conservation seriously.........

Edited by norseman

SSR Team

Lots of jockeying for position and posturing on either side of the kill/no-kill position. I disagree, fundamentally, with the opening post, in that a bigfoot carcass will make profound waves in the scientific community. Within a few years, the discovery could change fundamental land-use and permissions upon vast tracts of federal land.

Big, BIG issue that last line with this whole subject in my opinion.

Money rules the world, and when things involve money and lots of it, I'm **** sure not even an upright, hairy man/ape thing is going to get in the way of it.

• Upvote 1

The claimed physical evidence has been found wanting, and clowns on the left, jokers on the right have been affronts to serious study. It's no wonder accredited scientific efforts have not been forthcoming. Those in the public eye, at outlandish press conferences or reality television shows, discourage study from creditable scientific fronts.

Yet when some amateur researcher proffers the carcass of an unclassified primate or hominid, or a severed limb or head of such, the scientific world will come to an abrupt standstill. And those would be interesting times, my friends.

But might it be too impactful if it were to upset the whole dogma that surrounds the idea all other hominins are extinct? So long as we have Dyer out there claiming a body every few years, science won't look at a real one either, he's the boy who cries wolf.

I can see your point IC-1 and am not saying it couldn't happen that way.  I just know how some of the government agencies work from my first career tasking with them, which is getting longer ago in my rear view mirror.  I have recently spoken to folks that have had their civil rights severely violated by people driving dark SUV's.  The Missing 411 book also relates other strange and odd dodging by powers that be.

I feel that if and when one is shot, there will be government interests that will run interference and will easily deflect the efforts of people so naïve to think it can't happen to them.  Just as there are good cops-bad cops, there are federal agencies you don't want to **** off and make yourself a target!  Just my opinion...thanks for the input...

Guest keninsc

knowing how much the Government loves to take control of something, I find it hard to believe they wouldn't love for the world to know about Bigfoots.

Great reason for them to take control of large portions of land in the name of environmental protection.

knowing how much the Government loves to take control of something, I find it hard to believe they wouldn't love for the world to know about Bigfoots.

Great reason for them to take control of large portions of land in the name of environmental protection.

That may already be in the works as the federal gov't (thru the EPA) already controls any deviation made to blue line streams and there is talk of expanding that authority to any parcel that has rainwater runoff, basically the entire country.

Can't say the OP is totally wrong.  Because I can't say that some of the stories I've read about authorities' reactions to what may have been encounters are just stories.

(Having a can't-copy issue.  But try Report #231 from the BFRO database, Carroll County, MD.)

Edited by DWA

That's the big question mark in my mind about it keninsc, that if portions of our government are that secretive about the existence of the Bigfoot/Saquatch subject, what is their payoff for not letting the general public in on it??  Are they afraid of showing us just how little they may know and understand this subject??  Possibly, or is there something else they know and telling us will do more much harm???  It just doesn't make sense to me one way or another at this point... 

I'll tell you what makes sense to me:

1) The government doesn't have some big overarching conspiracy.  (They're good, but they're not that good.)  They're just not gonna be the ones to tell the population. 

2) The reason?  They're afraid of experiencing firsthand just how little WE know or understand this subject.

Edited by DWA

afraid?

doesn't really add up. What exactly are they afraid of happening?

Edited by mbh

I have seen these elusive subjects on multiple occasions and know they exist.  Other than pure self defense, I also wouldn't dare trying to kill one.  Yes, they can be brought down, documented stories support this and I have also spoken with people that shot them while being charged.  One was brought down, the other fled and eventually bled out died.  Both times involved people who had no idea they existed and were not connected with the Bigfoot interests at the time.  They were so shaken and freaked out after seeing these subjects up close they kept it to themselves for years.

Again, it may sound like a convenient story to the skeptic, but its the truth anyway.

I don't know know...I do get tired of being skeptical because it makes me feel like the bad guy.  That being said, I really don't buy any of your claims.  If you've seen "these elusive subjects on multiple occasions" then thousands of reputable folks would too.  If the folks you spoke to have shot them, then probably hundreds of others would have as well.  If that were the case, bf would not be an undocumented criptid, it would be recognized by science and probably everyone else to exist.  In my opinion anyway.  

t.

Edited by Terry

Hundreds, if not thousands, of other folks claim to have seen them.  What does not follow  - quite obviously - is the skeptical contention that they would thus be scientifically confirmed.

This does not follow for an obvious reason:  sightings do not equal confirmation.

Guest keninsc

That's the big question mark in my mind about it keninsc, that if portions of our government are that secretive about the existence of the Bigfoot/Saquatch subject, what is their payoff for not letting the general public in on it??  Are they afraid of showing us just how little they may know and understand this subject??  Possibly, or is there something else they know and telling us will do more much harm???  It just doesn't make sense to me one way or another at this point... 

My own take on it is that the discovery of a Bigfoot-like creature would become a major issue for the government not for the reasons you might think. Government has become it's own entity, by that I mean it's a living growing thing run by what I call "professional bureaucrats". These are the [people in Government who are the power behind the thrones. You never see them or hear too much about them, but they work tirelessly to make sure that government grows and comes quietly more and more into our day to day lives. Now, you also have another group in power within the government, these are what I call the "Professional Politician". They are elected via elections, notice I didn't use the term "by the people"? That's because these Professional Politicians need money and lots of it to keep their jobs because they have to get re-elected every so often. Where do they get all that money you ask? From large corporations, These corporations need the natural resources that we have in great abundance, now suddenly here comes this new, super-duper new species and the government suddenly wants to protect it? The timber industry and the mining industries are suddenly in a bind because EPA or someone else have mandated that the Bigfoots be protected. That means suddenly large areas are closed off to those industries, but they need to play their ace in the hole and like magic before you have time to even think about it then EPA i.e. the government is at odds with itself. The political wing versus the people who are the government, setting the stage for rocking the boat that they all enjoy.

So something that can lead to that sort of disruption is something both sides want to keep under wraps.