White Hair Color, Is This Only Associated With Age?

Guest Coonbo

Yeah, JKH, I wondered the same thing about Wes's post. 

And wondered the same about the sighting in Kansas.  That kid was lucky that he didn't turn around and find Mama or Big Daddy standing right behind him giving him the stink eye, especially since he had that walkie talkie in his hand.  I'd bet my last nickle that they were close by monitoring the situation.  I agree on the sketches too.

Another thing that was interesting was the fact that it was near that underpass.  When I'm researching an area, if it seems safe enough, I always check under bridges and underpasses and in large culverts going under the highway.  It's surprising what you'll find. 

One of my dogs had a litter of pups once that had one male in it that had enough of a cleft that he couldn't suckle.  My vet was able to operate on him and fix him well enough that he was able suckle before his mama weaned him.  The front third or so of his tongue was missing and we had to make a sort of bushing or spacer to fit over her nipple so that he could pull enough suction to nurse, since puppies use their tongue to seal off around the nipple.  As an adult he drinks by putting his nose down in the water and sucking like we suck out of a water fountain, since he doesn't have enough tongue to lap like a normal dog.  He can also suck through a straw, and THAT is hilarious to watch. 

Edited by Coonbo

Funny about your dog, Coonbo.

Unfortunately, now I'm haunted by the white baby...it was too small to be away from a mother, IMO. Pulling up on that fence and holding onto it is similar to toddler learning to walk behavior. I wonder what it was grubbing under there, maybe ants or rodents? I hope it wasn't an orphan, but it was seen twice in a short period, which doesn't sound good for it.

1980Squatch:

No this sighting was never reported and for a very good reason.

Ridicule. My family member becomes down right defensive if you bring it up. They think your making fun of them if you do. I on the other hand, will tell the majority of the story if asked, but a couple details I would never tell because of the same reason.

Coonbo: Location of this sighting was down the road from an old steel truss bridge crossing the creek. I guess they like these locations. Lol!

Coonbo: The short answer is yes. That picture is of me from circa 1987 petting a bobcat. He comes with a 10 cent story. I have to deliver at Chattanooga, when get out of here and up toward Nashville for my break, I'll tell it. No rest for the wicked. It's worth the 10 cents though.

10 cent story time:

A friend and I were canoeing back in the swamps in Louisiana back in the late 80's. We came across an old abandoned shack built on stilts, completely over the water. Not a speck of land anywhere. So, we tied up to the dock attached to the shack and started to explore. The only thing we found in that old shack was Mr. Bob T Cat. He was pretty quiet for a bobcat, probably because he was stuffed and mounted. I had my friend snap a picture of me and my new found friend. But the friendship was not meant to be. As my friend snapped the picture, I heard from behind me, the shack's only live resident coming to greet me, a snake telling me it was time to leave. And we did.

Guest JiggyPotamus

I too tend to associate grey with age in bigfoot, but I do not discount the possibility that age could turn one completely white. I'm sure it has occurred in the past. I also believe that sasquatch can be born with white hair. I have found that people who know nothing about bigfoot tend to associate a white one with the yeti. It seems like they assume that all of those in the yeti's region are white, while this is not the case at all. There are white ones and various shades of brown, and maybe some are even born with grey hair. I have an all white cat and for the longest time I assumed she was an albino, because even though I knew cats could be all white I had never seen a shorthaired one like that. I've seen those extremely long haired cats that are all white but that is all. But anyway recently I finally looked at her eyes and realized they are a very pale green and not pink, so I would assume that means she isn't albino. I think part of what made me assume that is because wherever you can see her skin it is extremely pink, unlike other cats I have seen.

Edited by JiggyPotamus

SSR Team

Are we not done with the "Yeti's are descendants from Polar Bears " then ?

I've had reports of younger Sasquatch being light coloured.

In fact I've got reports on a pretty broad range of sizes being light coloured.

I still think colour is very subjective however where witnesses to these things are concerned and can't be completely relied upon.

For me, they're either a dark colour or a lighter colour.

One of my favourite reports was of an, we are assuming, old grey Sasquatch at Sullivan Lake in Eastern WA, two sighting of him/her within a couple of weeks if my memory serves me right.

There have been a number of reports over the years of white monkees on either side of the Minn/Wis border north of the twin Cities...

SSR Team

There are a total of 64/745 reports in the SSR of animals described as grey/yellow/white that have been classified ( Sorry Ken ) so far.

That's nearly 10% and a considerable amount in my opinion.

I'm pretty sure we can rule out albinism on the whole as these numbers are too high for that and I think my post earlier in the thread suggests that they don't change colour with the seasons, especially as also there are multiple reports of these colours in States such as Florida and Alabama as well as the North and Canada and Alaska.

^^^^

I have 26/583 where the primary color is described as some typ of gray or white.  That excludes cases where the primary color (e.g., black) is tinged or streaked or mottled, etc., and the secondary tinting/streaking/mottling color is white.  Just FYI. 

SSR Team

And what's that from Trog, just the East Coast ?

Somewhere in Oklahoma ? (possibly)  there is a very large white female running around.  She has to be at least 15-18 yrs old by now.  A friend saw her and her baby not far from my friend's property.

Guest WesT

Yikes, Wes. I assume you couldn't see it very well or go back to figure it out.

Hi JKH and Coonbo,

If it were not in such a bad spot to stop I probably would have. It was face down in the emergency lane on a bridge overpass. Back then I was 27or 28yo and didn't know much about BF. (not that I do now lol) My line of reasoning at the time was "well if there are such things like a BF around here I would have heard about it on the street or in the news."  So I told myself it was a person with a genetic defect that had been struck and killed, or even worse, a murder victim that was dumped there.

I got a real good look at it though especially on the first day because it was sunny. It started raining the next day and what ever it was turned a dirty tan color but never lost any of it's shape or dimension as it rained a lot for the rest of the week from what I remember. And to be honest, I would have t-totally forgotten all about seeing it if it weren't for it being without clothes, and covered in that light blonde hair with a reddish tint. I do remember the hair on the head was longer than it was on the body. It was about 4in. long on it's back.  

^^^Oh, you know, standard-issue guidebook sasquatch description.

Whoa.  Your only encounter with one?