Sasquatch Mimicking Vocals Of Dogs.

^Fascinating stuff. I can't fathom why they would want to interact with your dog (of course I can imagine some nefarious objective, but if they just wanted to eat the thing it seems like stealth would be a better approach). So I opt for communication among themselves, with an objective being to mask their calls from you. But again, that seems like a very overt approach. Bird calls alone would seem a better, less attention-getting tactic.

Perhaps they were just playing? You obviously seem very comfortable with the notion of having these guys around. Perhaps they're trying to show you they feel comfortable with you as well? I'd love to hear more of your stories and interactions--I bet you've got a few. I noted on your profile you state you're "not sure" if you've had an interaction. I get the sense you obviously suspect that you have. Unless you have neighbors who are pranksters?

The non-native bird call made me laugh; can I ask what the species it was that did not belong? And, just how non-native? For example, if it were a northern loon common to colder regions and you're hearing it in a southern marsh, it could impart info as to the BF's territory range and migration.  Just a thought.

They're definitely giving you a show!

GK

Edited by Gotta Know

A friend recorded this in Mississippi, in the winter of 2009. The recording set-up was super directional pointing to where a creek went trough a large tract of commercial timber. There were no dogs, wild or domestic, nearby that could account for these recordings.

P302109p_1h21m_bark_odd.mp3

Guest lightheart

Indie this recording seems to have something like reverberation in it. Are you hearing that too? Was it the recording device?

The reason I ask is that I have heard screams that went on  and on both in WV and in Central Florida. They had the same echo quality.

A few years ago my husband was woke up in the morning by an unfamiliar "bark" back at the wolf pen that set the wolves off. He got out of bed and looked out the window to see the female up on top of the topper and the big male wolf lunging towards the back fence at a black bigfoot standing right there in the open unobstructed just within feet of the fence looking at the wolf. My husband does not know if it saw him at the window but it did a 180 and walked back into the woods. The "bark" that got him out of bed was not our wolves.

That pen is "hot wired" top and bottom if it wasn't I don't know what would have happened. Back in Feb 2011 or 12 I had several issues with possible b/f vocals close to the cabin and the wolf pen from down in the valley. Finally got an excellent recording of a loud moan howl similar to a wolf but much deeper.

Have no idea why they would do this but having the one that close to the wolves creeped me out. On a side note, that wolf pen fence line also connects to my arab studs paddock and also had a black one watching my horse from the opposite end of that fence line. Husband never would have seen it if it hadn't of gotten busted by the guinea hens. Horse didn't even know it was there until it moved.

Indiefoot: 1:26 to 1:44 of the sound clip, dead on the money! Everything else, nada. Good job my friend. You should of seen the Pyrenees when I was playing it! She knew what she was listening to. I'll have my daughter listen to this today and get her response.

Gotta Know: No, I'm not totally comfortable with the notion of these neighbors. As long as we stay good neighbors, I'm alright with it. Looking for answers though.

Yeah, I can tell a few stories, but I'm a little guarded with them. As I become more comfortable with this forum, I may relay more.

The "not sure" on my profile means that until I it walks up and introduces itself I'm not going to make any claims. We get vocals, quite a bit during the summer, had beating on the side of our farmhouse and 3 sightings within 1/2 a mile of our farm (One was a family member, one a friend and the other a hunter).

As for pranksters, not a chance, not this location. 

The bird call: It was approx. 8 to 10 seconds long and was about 11:30 P.M..

First thoughts listening in the dark: That ain't right! 

My thoughts the next day: I have to laugh too! Because it's bird call impression was outstanding for a bird that doesn't exist! I've never heard this bird vocal before. I don't think it's bird call impression is a bird call that actually exists in nature.

I'm having computer problems, just tried to remove the link that I posted and the edit function is not working. That first vocal is mine but for some reason there is another vocal file that is connecting to it that is not mine. So can a mod please delete the entire link until I can find out what is going on.

Indie--thanks for the clip. Very respectable dog pack imitation going on there; if I were to hear that out in the country and not know better, I'd pass it off as a dog pack without a second thought.

Stillwater--thanks for the backstory. Sounds like you definitely have company, and I don't blame you for being a bit uncomfortable and cautious. Man, these things are just plain weird (as we see their behavior). Close-in howls, barks and house-slaps would be hard to deal with. And good for you for keeping your sense of humor: the midnight bird Not Found In Nature is pretty comical. And yeah, a bit spooky. I hope you do get more comfortable with the forum as I think you have a lot to share. Spoiler(s) alert: as you've likely seen there are detractors out here that will take you to task, adding nothing to the conversation themselves but heck-bent on telling you that what you experienced either didn't, couldn't or shouldn't have happened. 'Cause you know, BF doesn't exist and all...My advise would be to find your ignore button early and often, and proceed as if they don't exist. Ah, the delicious irony. But yes, keep the stories coming!

Painthorse: That's quite a tale! Interesting that your big male went on the offensive. Would you have expected the same behavior if a human had just shown up? Just curious if there might be some inherent wolf/BF antagonism at play?

Great thread!

GK

Edited by Gotta Know

@Gotta know, yes and no, his behavior was more aggressive to male humans than female. Some people would walk up to the pen and he would just study them and pace the fence others he would get aggressive at. Husband said that morning he was lunging towards it and would also haunch down on his rear and bounce his front legs on the ground. Great animal,lost him last August to a tick borne illness. Still have the female, have had curious behavior with her also but cannot connect the behavior to anything b/f related because we're not seeing what she's reacting to.

Given the lack of evidence this should be treated as just a ruff idea for now....

Other than the Patty film, and maybe some footprint casts, eyewitness accounts, what body of evidence exists about BF that you consider proof of evidence?  Everything I listed are still subjective. There is no 'proof' in the BF world. It is all subjective, but one correlates the information to look for possible patterns, that is one way to gather 'evidence' while still being subjective.

You can gather information presented and triangulate, just as is done with a stealth airplane, and get some kind of picture of what may be going on, depending on the interpreter.

Why can't the 'skeptics'' at least provide some level of 'information' showing large scale hoaxing, or not? If people are going to be skeptical on a BF forum, at least they could try to be of some use. :aikido:

Why does the BF imitate the dog? Because its a vocal animal, adds to the BF vocabulary, and is something interesting to do. The positions of the (BF)  are interesting to note also.

Edited by Wag

Why can't the 'skeptics'' at least provide some level of 'information' showing large scale hoaxing, or not? If people are going to be skeptical on a BF forum, at least they could try to be of some use. :aikido:

Why does the BF imitate the dog? Because its a vocal animal, adds to the BF vocabulary, and is something interesting to do. The positions of the (BF)  are interesting to note also.

Where did the person you quoted say it was hoaxing or anything? There needs to be far more skepticism when it comes to just saying 99% of the time something is thrown out there, that "bigfoot did it".

The far most likely answer is over-interpretation and *bigfoot-on-the-brain* - associating anything and everything that can't be explain, to be the result of a bigfoot in the neighborhood.

Here's a scenario to contemplate: I'll use our old farm dog which is a Great Pyrenees as an example. She as a long drawn out bark and it's deep. You have 2 unidentified subjects interacting and making vocals. Subject A and Subject B. For purposes of location, the dog's position is the center, like a clock. Subject A is at the 12:00 position approx. 200 to 300 yards out. Subject B is at the 2:00 position at the same distance. Both subjects would take turns with their vocals, but they would use the dog's vocals to help mask their vocals. Their vocals were 80% similar to the Great Pyrenees, but deeper and more primate in sound quality. Were Subject A and B communicating with each other and using the dog's vocal to help mask themselves, or were they trying to confuse the dog?

Other notes: Every once in a while Subject A and Subject B's timings were off from the dog's and you could here them plain as day. When both subjects stayed out at about 200 yards to 300 yards, the dog was right up at the fence when barking. When Subject A and B moved in to the 100 to 150 yards mark, the dog moved back to the shadowy area beside the house near the door. Also at the 100 to 150 yard mark Subject A used a rather loud drawn out non-native bird call to our area. Subject B at one point responded to a call we made with a return whistle.  

But the question still stands, were Subject A and B communicating with each other and using the dog's vocal to mask themselves, trying to confuse the dog or for some reason trying to interact with the dog?

I thank you for your time.                                                            <(Couldn't resist the MK reference) Lol!

I think they do like some cover noise Stillwater. I was recently speaking to a lady about her experiences and she related to me that when she would go outside to hush her dogs and when she would make the shusshh sound she would hear several mimics of it from multiple locations like your subjects A & B. 

Painthorse: Thanks for sharing.

Southernyahoo: Very good point. It would be a very smart move to use noise as a cover. The timing of the vocals trying to match the timing of the dog's vocals was uncanny. But like I said, everyone once in a while they missed the timing and the vocals were plain as day.

Indie: My daughter listened to your sound clip and without any prompting from me, she said the first part wasn't anything like what she heard, but the last part (1:26 to 1:44) was a pretty good match, especially the deepness of it. Good job!

Mr. Norton, think it will require a dogged effort to sort our all the parameters.

So, maybe under certain circumstances, it sounds like they like a 2 o'clock position when observing human habitats. Useful information when you see one, there may be another at 30 degrees one side, give or take a few degrees. Interesting . This is called 'correlating the (hearsay) information'' as I just described in my last post, and getting possible useful information out of it.

Pretty amazing I know. :aikido:

Where did the person you quoted say it was hoaxing or anything? There needs to be far more skepticism when it comes to just saying 99% of the time something is thrown out there, that "bigfoot did it".

The far most likely answer is over-interpretation and *bigfoot-on-the-brain* - associating anything and everything that can't be explain, to be the result of a bigfoot in the neighborhood.

Bigfoot on the brain in my case for example, is just that. In other peoples cases, who may be dealing with some, any information gets put into the pot.

So, we have taken the information here and may have some strategic perspectives on squatches. Further correlation will confirm the 2 O'clock position thing, which may be useful information for a field person.

Edited by Wag