Bigfoot's Hiding Ability Vs Military Special Forces?

georgerm

Guest Crowlogic

Have fun but don't get too rough..........good points............ but the question still remains after all the points that you made ring with truth but...................explain why we can't capture one, bring in a dead one, or get really good films? Why can't we get proof? 

Read the question: "Seems like bigfoot evades humans on a constant basis and remain nearly impossible to film. Why and how? Hack away..................find some truths............most of all, have some fun."

We can't get proof because there is no proof to be had.  It is a myth that humans act out .  On the mental/emotional level it is as real as a brick wall but there is no physical substance to it.

Don't see why it's so improbable. It took years to find Olympic bomber Eric Rudolph and he was caught dumpster diving. Isn't the the cop killer guy in PA. is still running loose in the woods...

Guest Crowlogic

Don't see why it's so improbable. It took years to find Olympic bomber Eric Rudolph and he was caught dumpster diving. Isn't the the cop killer guy in PA. is still running loose in the woods...

They are individuals.  We are talking about an entire species.  A species that is reported in all of the lower 48 states.  Lots wrong with the picture.

"The thing which struck us all as odd was that, while the tracks depicted someone far too large to be human, whatever was making the tracks was moving through the woods exactly as one of us would have if we were conducting an escape and evasion. Whatever it was knew the land (as it maneuvered to bypass clearings well before they came into view) and was making a concentrated effort to remain unseen. I still think that the sound we heard was intended to warn us to back off and not follow."  http://www.bfro.net/...ort.asp?id=6486          

This says much about how bigfoot evades detection. Their intelligence equals special forces in this case and probably elsewhere. What about ambushing?................yuck.........hate to thinks of what this would be like if they wanted to take us out.

Edited by georgerm

Even Gorillas have a sense of humor. If I was a bigfoot I'ld mess with the humans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZHi3gcGoOk

What are some of the things the do for humor?

So why do we have so much trouble finding and filming bigfoot? Could we hypothesize that bigfoot has hiding or evasion intelligence and skills that rival or are above the level of military special forces?

I certainly think that they have greater evasion and tactical skills than military divisions but I also think that they do get desperate and or careless from time to time.  They do make mistakes like any living thing does.

You know every inch of your home and land so you could avoid a passing person with ease because you know where to hide and when, so does the sasquatch but just like you they do have to live life by hunting, foraging, sleeping, checking on the pesky neighbors and raising offspring.   These activities are where mistakes are made and thus sightings and encounters happen.

• Upvote 2

BFF Patron

I doubt that the military has been culling aggressive BF. But I know there are numerous sighting reports on various military reservations. Military reservations are for the most part little used at night, off limits for hunting, and off limits to the public at large. So other than more or less infrequent use by the military, they are ideal habitat for BF to hide in.

Certainly one of my encounters the BF seemed to use tactics similar to what the military would use. I was penetrating into a thicket where I had heard movement noises trying to catch a glimpse of what was producing them. Then behind me and off to the side I heard a branch crack. It seemed to me at the time that a BF had flanked me, and made the noise, so I was aware I was being flanked. I took the hint and backed out.

In my experience, BF only makes movement ground deadwood or tree branch breaking noises when it does not think humans are around, when it intends to for effect on humans, and when it is forced to move rapidly and does not have time for careful foot placement. Those protocols are the pretty much the same as a military special ops team would use when they move in enemy territory. Like Nathan says they do make mistakes when forced to or because we do something unpredictable. My best encounter was with what I think was three and I had reversed directions 4 times in a period of an hour. They would have had no idea what direction I was going until they made contact. When they did I was headed 270 degrees to where they must have first sighted me, and they were headed in the second direction I took up when I turned around the first time. At the time it was all by chance on my part, hot day wearing shorts, and the first trail was overgrown by blackberry bushes. So I turned around then started on a trail I knew was clear. I decided to use that later to get back to may truck and set off on a third trail where I was at the time of the encounter. Since my random movements seemed a likely reason for the encounter, I have used random changes in direction since then trying to catch anything in the area off guard should it choose to keep me under watch.

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT
  • Upvote 1

Guest Divergent1

So why do we have so much trouble finding and filming bigfoot? Could we hypothesize that bigfoot has hiding or evasion intelligence and skills that rival or are above the level of military special forces?

When I watched that you tube video it looked like he was giving the painters, and what they were doing, some thought. Then he tried to be suave and act like he was just walking across the yard to look at some dirt before he picked up a dirt clot and threw it at what they were painting. It seemed mischeivous, not malicious to me. Maybe I misinterpreted? Some research seems to indicate that animals have a sense of humor

http://news.discovery.com/animals/do-animals-have-a-sense-of-humor-video.htm

And it's not just a sense of humor, they can show empathy. Evidently Koko and Robin Williams hit it off when they met, when she found out that he died she was upset. How many times have you read about pets rescueing their humans from danger? If a dog can do it, I bet a bigfoot would have the same kind of instincts. I imagine previous experience with humans would determine what kind of response you would elicit.

http://sfist.com/2014/08/12/koko_the_gorilla_expresses_grief_ov.php

My point is that if you go into the woods with the intent to hurt one of them then of course you won't find them. If bigfoot is real, he can cover more ground in a few minutes over rough terrain than any human. Bigfoot doesn't need any special abilities, he simply walks away from what he might perceive as a threat. I don't do research, but if I did, I think camping with a group of friends and laughing and enjoying yourselves would probably increase your chances of drawing them out.

Edited by Divergent1

Completely relevant Crowlogic.

If you have the type of resources committed to Rudolph and the PA. shooter searches and can't find them, how can a few researchers, scientists, Organizations or enthusiasts do any better with limited resources, funding , time or saturating a "Hot Spot" with that amount of people(w/training)??

Hasn't been done...

Lets look at that.

When does a special forces soldier begin training?   Age 18 or so after high school, after basic training, after 3 phases of special forces training, and then a tour of duty lasts typically 6-8 months.   Even if they re-enlist, they're getting less than 50% of their time in the field ... and it's likely in preparation for desert warfare, NOT temperate rain forest training.   Even on duty it's not all evasion training, there's all manner of skills to work on and maintenance of all kinds of gear to learn.

Bigfoot ... evasion begins at birth.  24x7, 365 days a year, every day of their life, no furlough, with only the gear they're born in. 

Yardstick:  If the average person is a kindergartner, special forces are about 3 grade, and bigfoot is working on his 3rd PhD.  To seriously expect a level-ish playing field regarding stealth, when they decide to be stealthy, points towards a person not really paying attention to what the question means.

IMHO "of course."  

At the same time, they're not a military unit, they have to forage for food, they have goofy teenagers doing goofy teenager things like playing chicken with cars at night, they have personal curiosity and seemingly no commander ordering them NOT to investigate the little hairless ones, so ... they do get seen.  

The comparison doesn't work because the motives aren't the same.

Again, IMHO.

MIB

Edited by MIB

SSR Team

Human beings are the most arrogant and ignorant ( and I include cats in that ) species on the planet, maybe that has something to do with the lack of progress where this subject is concerned ?

Guest Stan Norton

BBC documentary on tv this evening in the UK. Two teams of camera crew, tooled-up with the very best infrared/night vision gear within Yala preserve, Sri Lanka. Highest density of leopards on the planet, plus the leopards there are the largest on earth too. After an initial close encounter on day one, they failed to spot a single animal for the subsequent week. Animals are routinely very, very difficult to connect with.