Stillwater And Tennessee Trackers Field Notes

Guest lightheart

This is really good stuff Stillwater.

The reason I asked how the deer skull was attached is because I found a huge skate she'll hung on a small tree in just the same way. Had a little gift exchange happen in the same spot. I do not leave food of any kind and I have restricted myself to only natural items. On the same branch I left a piece of raffia which is a natural material used to tie up presents instead of ribbon, On the ground below I left a feather to mark the gift. Day one the raffia was taken, day two the feather. On day two a half green leaf was left to mark that an oyster shell had been left. It had been washed. I wasn't sure what to do so I didn't take the shell. I left a fresh piece of greenery and a piece of plant material and apiece of string. On the way home I figured out that I was supposed to take the shell. Next day the plant material was on the ground and the oyster shell was scooped down in the dirt .....Like you dork It's a scoop...haha It actually has a very spoon like shape with a handle.

So I took the scoop and marked it with a piece of plant material. The next time I went the string was gone. I think the first half leaf was a marker and a little lesson you are only supposed to take half at a time. (:

I think you have something similar going on. It will be ready interesting how it plays out and what can be learned.

Edited by lightheart