Finding Bigfoot

Woodslore, they are in Canada right now, but the opposite coast from you. I did the "townhall" thing, and had dinner/drinks with cast and crew. No details till after airing, due to NDA.

BFF Patron

You think we will see you on camera at some point BC? Or is that NDA too?

Guest ewashguy56

That is awesome. I look forward to that episode.

Me too! I am not interested in the Amazon show but when they are in the U.S. or Canada I enjoy the show.

The amazon one was interesting. Though I was, as many I am sure, a little shocked Moneymaker said he never heard of a human being killed by a Bigfoot. I am guessing he never read native american folklore. If the locals have a history of conflict or aggressive displays and encounter with this creature do not apply what you think you know about a similar creature to that one. A house cat you can pet but you go to pet a tiger in the wild and you are lunch. Also what is up with the guide saying don't poke it leave it be (referring to one of the deadliest snakes in the world) and Moneymaker being like yeah lets poke it, it can't jump that far. Earlier in the episode he said how it was dangerous in the jungle and they needed a guide. So listen to the guide. It was interesting the stories and the look at the culture all the same but I will be glad for more Canada and USA stuff. Shocked that there has been so little from Canada for the show. Maybe it is because we have a smaller population.

Edited by Woodslore

That is awesome. I look forward to that episode.

You think we will see you on camera at some point BC? Or is that NDA too?

Me too! I am not interested in the Amazon show but when they are in the U.S. or Canada I enjoy the show.

I think I can say that I told my story on camera, but I honestly have no idea if it will actually make through edit to the show. There were many witnesses recorded, and I don't think they'll use all of them.

It was great to talk to Matt and Cliff in person off the set later, but the NDA says no details on that either. :-(

I was there with another BFF member, who knows them personally, so the discussions were very open and interesting.

Edited by BC witness

Guest ewashguy56

The amazon one was interesting. Though I was, as many I am sure, a little shocked Moneymaker said he never heard of a human being killed by a Bigfoot. I am guessing he never read native american folklore. If the locals have a history of conflict or aggressive displays and encounter with this creature do not apply what you think you know about a similar creature to that one. A house cat you can pet but you go to pet a tiger in the wild and you are lunch. Also what is up with the guide saying don't poke it leave it be (referring to one of the deadliest snakes in the world) and Moneymaker being like yeah lets poke it, it can't jump that far. Earlier in the episode he said how it was dangerous in the jungle and they needed a guide. So listen to the guide. It was interesting the stories and the look at the culture all the same but I will be glad for more Canada and USA stuff. Shocked that there has been so little from Canada for the show. Maybe it is because we have a smaller population.

At least Les Stroud is putting out quite a few BF shows from Canada though. :fan:

Guest insanity42

In addition to wanting to poke a highly venomous snake, did anyone else catch Moneymaker wearing flip-flops in several scenes while walking in the Amazon?  I do not think he was during the night scenes, but in at least a few of the day scenes where they are talking locals, he is wearing flip-flops.

Personally, I'd be in a decent pair of hiking boots with all the snakes and other potential biters.

BFF Patron

I did notice that.    Even some spider bite on his flip flop toes would have been serious.    Also a lot of plants have defense mechanisms with thorns and poisons.    Makes me wonder about how remote they really were.   200 yards from some Amazon resort?     

Guest insanity42

Granted their guide and some of the locals were barefoot, but its their backyard.

Cliff appeared to be wearing hiking shoes/boots when Moneymaker was in flip-flops.

Perhaps Moneymaker just made some bad decisions which fortunately did not result in a serious accident. The flip-flops did not look particularly durable, it's quite possible that could have gotten destroyed, leaving him to be barefoot.

Guest ewashguy56

Sundays new show takes them to central Florida I see. I will be interested in this one.

Guest insanity42

Was watching he Atomic Bigfoot episode which I believe was an advanced online episode earlier, but was broadcasted on Animal Planet recently.

Bobo made a comment that it was documented in India that baboons steal puppies to raise them as pets to help protect the troop.

Thought I'd do a little investigation to see if that was the case and found that for another reason, someone else already had a few years ago.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/animals-and-us/201112/scientific-mystery-do-wild-baboons-kidnap-puppies-pets

Currently, there is no actual documentation, just the word of a narrator on a video clip, and authorities who are familiar with the particular group of baboons are skeptical of the relationship.

I will see if there is anything more recent.

I came across this article today, the situation seems similar and the reason behind may be the same.

"In the alpine grasslands of eastern Africa, Ethiopian wolves and gelada monkey are giving peace a chance. The geladas – a type of a baboon – tolerate wolves wandering right through the middle of their troops, while the wolves ignore potential meals of baby geladas in favour of rodents, which they can catch more easily when the monkeys are present.

The unusual pact echoes the way dogs began to be domesticated by humans (see box, below), and was spotted by primatologist Vivek Venkataraman, at Dartmouth College in New Hampshire, during field work at Guassa plateau in the highlands of north-central Ethiopia."

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn27675-monkeys-cosy-alliance-with-wolves-looks-like-domestication.html?cmpid=RSS|NSNS|2012-GLOBAL|online-news

Journal article

Vivek V. Venkataraman , Jeffrey T. Kerby , Nga Nguyen , Zelealem Tefera Ashenafi , Peter J. Fashing. Solitary Ethiopian wolves increase predation success on rodents when among grazing gelada monkey herds. Journal of Mammalogy 96:1, pages 129-137. March 27, 2015.

http://jmammal.oxfordjournals.org/content/96/1/129

Back on TedSallis comment. I apologize, but I'm always cruising for Ape Canyon stuff...... As with the AC project, I would suspect that most "historical" events are most worthy of a hard second or third look. The AC research brought out a lot of detail and, perhaps, nuance that up until now, was lost in the re-telling. Yes, yes. We will not find a body after 100 years. Today, when one goes to find the story, they go to find it. No evidence, then they move on. These researchers are in the business of finding the proof. However, research and "hard" investigation takes more time than they have, or most of us have. An AC example. I've worked on this (spare time) for over 5 years before I found physical evidence of the site.

An old land surveying guru, Walt Robilard would always expound, "How much evidence is enough?..... YOU CAN NEVER HAVE ENOUGH EVIDENCE"!

Tracing out all your research leads takes A LOT of time. In our modern era of internet and TV (while it lasts), let's just consider this a vehicle to keep the momentum going.

While the train's rolling down the tracks, the rest of us "historical nerds" can keep going with our projects because of their support and just plain inertia.

I thought the AC project, as I'm wrapping up the field work, was my mid-life crisis. Am getting through it without buying a red convertable or hot blonde. Unfortunately, I found another Pacific NW bi-pedal monster story of 100 years ago most, most worthy of that 2nd to 3rd look. Check in with me in about 5 years and I'll fill you in.

Marc

BFF Patron

Marc;    Look forward to hearing about that one too.    I hope one of your investigations leads to a BF body buried in the right soil to last.     That would put an end to this proof of existence debate. 

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT