2015 The State Of Sasquatch Science

Lake County Bigfooot

Nature is one such puzzle that unfolds it truths in relation to the parts, however minute, so the reality is that something we consider as trivial, might actually be the very reason for the presence of a specie in an area. An example of this might be a very specialized feeding opportunity, like when frogs migrate in the fall into area lakes, if you know when such an event is happening and where you can almost guarantee that large game fish will be waiting in that area for a bonanza of feeding. Countless examples like this occur, some we know of and others not so much, bug hatches, blooms, seeds and nuts, fruits and berries, migration of other animals that bring large concentrations of food to a small area, as in the Platte River in spring. Areas of unique biological diversity, like swamps and bogs and of course rain forest. I know that I am restating much of what has been
said by others and myself, but I think we can put more of this puzzle together by discussing all these things.
To solve the enigma of Bigfoot we will need to know exactly what brings them to an area and why they leave, the timing of the resources they are exploiting, and the specialization they employ. Nothing short of that knowledge will bring us any closer to understanding the creature scientifically, even if we can put one on a slab, it would still remain a mystery.

I guess this is where I am coming from, I want to see the average researcher do his home work, and to not just wing it.  If we could push the science by gaining a truer understanding of what these creatures are doing, it would certainly lead to greater discoveries.   I am really not worried about the skeptics, they will be silenced by a body or DNA soon enough, but we will be

left with the same mystery, of what the hell is this creature, pardon my French.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot
  • Upvote 1

Suggestion,

List 5 reasons why bigfoot inhabit the area you research, or know of....we will start out with the most basic

Here is my list

1. I live adjacent to lakes and a river system

2. Remnant areas of forest and protected areas abound

3. Large expanses of wetland

4. Agriculture abounds

5. Large Population of Ungulates

I guess this is where I am coming from, I want to see the average researcher do his home work, and to not just wing it.  If we could push the science by gaining a truer understanding of what these creatures are doing, it would certainly lead to greater discoveries.   I am really not worried about the skeptics, they will be silenced by a body or DNA soon enough, but we will be left with the same mystery, of what the hell is this creature, pardon my French.

You get my first "+1" for the day. You won't NEED TO KILL SOMETHING when you get to the root of UNDERSTANDING the creature in the first place.

The rest will fall into place.

• Upvote 1

But what happens to science after a body is presented? Goodall followed the great white hunters to Africa.......not the other way around.

Look, here it is boiled down to brass tacks.

We need a body or proof, yes.

But a person must examine the evidence and make a personal decision as to how compelling that evidence is....... Because proof is not going to fall from the sky like mana. A person has to expend time and energy to go and try to find it.

As far as skeptics? If your spending a lot of time on a Bigfoot forum? It means you have some interest in the subject. Why not get involved in some way? The sightings database always needs help, or next time your out enjoying nature pack a rifle with you:) let us know how it went even if you saw nothing, we like pictures.

Denialists on the other hand are only here to derail the conversation. Not cool. It's some strange online sadism at work. I can respect the viewpoint the creature does not exist. But remember where you are online and respect my viewpoint at the same time!!!

BFF Patron

Evidence is not proof.  Where has the evidence of bigfoot proven bigfoot?  Where is there evidence that could not have been faked or misidentified.  What the readers of my posts have not grasped is that I sided with the proponents for decades using all of the same arguments that proponents use to maintain their position.   However eventually the weight of those arguments could not outweigh the total lack of a proven animal.  So if folks want to argue with me let's start the argument off with a simple solid foundation.  When the bigfoot proponent community delivers a scientifically proven bigfoot then we can discuss the fine points of the circumstantial evidence/belief system.  Until then you are backing an invisible horse.

Are you saying that evidence I have presented here is faked? If so I consider that a personal attack and you should be reported. As I have been warned by the administrators for rules violations so should you be.

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

It's denial gone way past denial, this bigfoot skepticism. But it's happened before in science...thousands and thousands of times.

Right, Max?

BFF Patron

Perhaps the skeptics big problem is that they worry about the belief of some proponents, that BF choose who they allow to see them. Since they are not among the chosen ones, they get all ticked off. Mind you I do not say this entirely in jest. There is some evidence that BF choose who they allow to see them. Many cases of BF showing themselves to children are in the reports. In one case the daughter of a habituation property owner brought some strangers in to see the local BF. Since then the BF that live on the property have not shown themselves to her but they continue to be seen by the others who live there.

BFF Patron

The body on the lab table is not going to be a quick end of the existence controversy.     Those that study it will have to do comprehensive examinations, carefully documented dissection,  MRI's,  DNA typing from several independent labs,  write their paper, and submit it for peer review.   Other scientists will of course not believe any of it, want to examine it themselves or just declare it a hoax,  and the whole process could take many months.    What worries me is if the government is involved in some cover up,  the body will disappear some night, and no one will believe those who have examined the body.   It will just become another alien autopsy legend with witnesses no one believes. 

Crowlogic and others are entitled to occupy a certain amount of space here, but they need to follow the

forums guidelines in their criticisms.  I for one welcome all true skeptics to the table, because many of them

are solid critical thinkers and offer balance to these otherwise unwieldy rants we tend to go off into.  We need

them to sharpen our iron, or is it clay....

Guest Crowlogic

Are you saying that evidence I have presented here is faked? If so I consider that a personal attack and you should be reported. As I have been warned by the administrators for rules violations so should you be.

I haven't directly said anyone specifically has faked evidence.  I did say that evidence can be faked and has been faked.  This said all of the evidence to date measured up against the total lack of proven to science fact leads me to conclude that there is nothing to the evidence.

Just a question, how much evidence have you or any resident skeptic here scrutinized personally Crow?

You said you touched whale bones one time and that assured you they were real. Ok what if they were a cryptid and there were no bones to touch? Just some grainy photos and video of whales breaching and some audio files of whale songs? It would seem pretty preposterous to most that the idea of largest fish in the sea was a mammal!? That it breathed with lungs through a blow hole on top of its head!? That it birthed its young in the ocean vs laying eggs!?

We have bipedal hominid bones to touch Crow and we ourselves are a bipedal primate. Nothing about Bigfoot that we should find nearly as strange as a whale. The only question left to answer is extant? Or extinct? And where.

Edited by norseman
  • Upvote 1

You quoted me, and yet that's not what I said. I did not say "There is zero evidence."

::continues wiping straw off clothing::

Well I didnt say you said such and such. I clearly wrote "plenty of skeptics". I made no mention of you being one of them.

Edited for typo.

Edited by Neanderfoot

OK Bigfoot is real, though I could certainly think otherwise if I choose to ignore the evidence,

Truth is that most of us here are beyond this question, and are more interested in learning more about the creatures.