2015 The State Of Sasquatch Science

Lake County Bigfooot

The funny part of that last post, I was having a hard time sleeping so I got up took half of my wife's sleeping pill and sipped on a little bourbon, and the last sentences I wrote with my subconscious mind. I do not at all remember writing that stuff. My wife told me I would sleep talk and walk sometimes, and I guess that bit about the circus and the NDA was one of those, I remember realizing I was sitting here writing and that I should go up to bed, that is a weird feeling reading something that was from another state of mind. Good thing I wasn't firing off strange e-mails instead.

Edited by Lake County Bigfooot

BFF Patron

Funny how our mind works sometimes LCB. At least you did not fire off an email to a hot looking neighbor woman. One can get into a lot more trouble than writing to the forum.

BFF Patron

Speaking of funny mind LCB. I was just thinking of your posting and a joke that Colbert told last night related to all the Star Wars hype. "Chewbacca got into the dark chocolate and had to spend the night at the vet". Thinking of that and your posting I wondered what would happen if we left out some pot brownies to BF to eat? Would BF eat them? Would it make them drop their self imposed avoid camera protocols? Would they just lay there eating Cheetos and let us approach? Or would it make them more paranoid? Have read some threads where tranquilizing BF is discussed but not one about getting them buzzed on something. Any habituation people want to give it a try? Seems less dangerous than trying to tranquilize a BF. For all we know they grow pot out in the woods on their own. Might be some sort of medicine for them.

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT
  • Upvote 1

My guess is they already know the benefits of certain plants, both for medicinal purposes as well as recreational. They have been out there way too long not to know, I am sure they know what beer and other treats the campers leave. It is a 900 pound individual, so it might take a panful of brownies to move the meter on those lugs. I would like to see that picture, remember in the Will Ferrell movie where he is hanging around with the caveman dude, they stumble onto some kind of hallucinogenic cactus or something. They are hanging out by a pool and this giant prehistoric crab attacks them out of no where, instead of taking flight the "munchies" takes over and before you know it there back to hanging loose and sucking down crab. It was absolutely hilarious when I saw it for the first time, but given my experimental teen years it stuck the right chord. It would seem that if you had enough tranquilizer, or sleeping pill ground up, you could put one of these guys temporarily out of commission, that might be plausible and worth a try. I might not want to be the one to see how unconscious the booger is, and it might take a while and who knows where it might wind up, and how many others would be trying to guard it. Still if I were in a situation where I knew they were taking food on a regular basis, I might try the sleeping pill, it would be at least 5 pills of my wife's version, and then maybe an hour to see it work. That might be way to slow, 10 pills might be more like it, but could be too much, and I don't think they could cloak themselves out that stupor. If they are multidimensional in nature then I think we might want to grind up the whole bottle and give that a try, my thinking is we shut um down at the molecular level.

Its my opinion that Sasquatch are becoming very close to extinction,and getting a good video now days will be like hitting the lottery.

I really hope I am wrong,because I really think much could be learned about us humans if we were to be able to study these amazing creatures.

Crazyeddie,

I believe the opposite. They are adaptive to the changing landscape and reproducing. They are also nomadic and we don't understand them well enough to predict where they are or where they may go.

While (IMO) no one has a definite answer on the exinction speculation (pro or con) I believe you made an astute observation.

Does it make sense to try and learn as much as possible about these entities before forming any opinions regarding them?

IMO, this would ideally consist of not only gathering as much information from existing sources but also applied study by spending as much time as practical afield in the natural environment of the subject. One benefit that will be realized is an awareness of the natural environment that even those living in rural settings often are totally oblivious thereof. Requisite to not only getting the concrete and steel mindset out of your system is to also leave all preconceptions and inherent bias at your doorstep as well. If that can be attained, it will open up an entire world, previously unknown, existing right under your feet and before your eyes. At that point, am betting you will be in for quite the surprise.

Or, would rushing into the situation in a belligerent and bovine fashion with malevolent intent predicated upon a philosophy derived from ego and monetary gain be more palatable?

As a former practitioner of that M.O., I can honestly state it not only will prove unsuccessful, but ultimately a textbook exercise in frustration, failure and if continued, desperation. The host of individuals and groups that went down that path and then succumbed to the disillusionment inherent in the exercise stand before us as compelling evidence of such.

Education, followed by knowledge with intelligent wisdom applied or blind adherence to policies that have feet of clay?

• Upvote 1

That is the problem with this so called science, no one is really interested in science. Well that is if you do not include the science of narcissism, which undoubtedly has been perfected within and without bigfootery. I am recording as I speak outside my hotel, Corbin KY, because it backs right up to a nicely forested area fairly near the Daniel Boone Nation Forest. Well if I think it is only interesting to document a possible sasquatch I might as well save my batteries. In the end we are seeking to understand an eco system and the creatures, plural, that live in it. That is what constitutes what a field biologist studies, and to begin to understand, and I mean in a tangible fashion, we need to take that type of approach being fully interested in all the facets of nature. For example, having a Todd Standing bashing John Bindernagel for not identifying supposed Sasquatch sounds (which Bindernagel obviously knew were not) while in the field with Todd's expert self, that is the epitome of narcissism. Exactly the opposite of what Bindernagel stands for, reasoned conclusion based on prolonged observation. To truly begin to understand these creatures we must undertake to understand all that allows them to exist, and that is the problem, that takes inordinate amounts of time and observation. Not many souls will undertake this task, it is years of going out and seeing nothing, ask Dahinden. When I was a storm chaser I spent 1000s of hour and 10s of 1000s of miles pursuing severe storms with only the hope of seeing a Tornado, which I never really saw a substantial Tornado, only the results shortly after. Would I do it all over again, absolutely because I loved severe weather in all facets. That is what this will take, people that love research for research sake. It is not an undertaking for the impulsive or impatient to think to undertake.

• Upvote 2

IMO, "science" has periodically been used by various individuals, groups & organizations in a veiled attempt to give themselves a degree of credibility. However, when you peel away the layers of those onions, there is rarely any real science in play.  Now that the entertainment value of BF has largely been exploited by the tsunami of cable TV shows, et. al, and as those circuses appear to be leaving town, pause is being given to all things BF until the oxygen returns to the room. Opportune time to reflect upon what this is all about sans the buzz and hysteria seemingly incumbent in this endeavour.

Sincerity, will however continue to plow forward and those few practitioners will eventually prevail as the circus barkers fade into the abyss of oblivion.

• Upvote 2

Crazyeddie,

I believe the opposite. They are adaptive to the changing landscape and reproducing. They are also nomadic and we don't understand them well enough to predict where they are or where they may go.

I'd tend to agree.  Sighting reports on the BFRO database aren't slacking off, and most of the reports lately reflect very recent encounters (this or last year).  Bears are doing great; coyotes great; wolves expanding...that what appears the most mobile and adaptable of the bunch would be spiraling toward extinction, I am kind of doubting.

Maybe it's that reports spawn more reports. One can't hold an anecdote in their hand the way they could a bone or body part.

• Upvote 2

No, one can't.  But one can read thousands of them that, were they all describing Uncle Charlie, you'd know what he looked like better than he did.  To say that all those consistent descriptions are lies; or all hallucinations; or all mistakes; or - the longest shot of all - some random assortment of stuff that all came out looking like one thing; well...that isn't what scientists do.  Because scientists do not assume.

The public needs something it can hold in its hand.  All a scientist needs is a trail to follow.  They have one.

And assuming that reports spawn more reports is (1) not evidence that that's happening and (2) asserting lots and lots of people - or a very few highly- and weirdly-motivated ones - behave in a way that, well, most of us don't.