Collection Of Voucher Specimens

norseman

^^^ Really?

NAWAC archives have documented two (2) separate shooting incidents wherein the target was not clearly identified as most competent hunters would not define either a backside view or unknown form in the brush as an ethical basis for pulling the trigger.

BTW, Stan said apes, not chimps.

Stan's meaning was obvious, and the targets were obvious.  Unless one's point prospers through pretending otherwise.

I said apes and meant apes. Chimps and bonobos are apes. Orangs too.

Im all for protecting them as well against poachers and palm oil plantations....... but if they were unknown? So would be their plight

IMO, the NAWAC operation is a prime example of how not to approach the endeavour.

First, most all successful military (and, scientific) operations rely upon good intelligence to understand the target and thus learn the habits, actions and reactions so that predictability is a calculus that can be confidently relied upon.

Knowledge of gorilla behavior, culture, etc. was gained by close observations over a long period of time by the likes of Dian Fossey, etc..

IIRC, NAWAC is engaged in very little of such activity rather and/or have not derived much intelligence on the subject hence, a shoot first, ask questions later M.O. now appears to be in effect.  IMO, this projects a sense of frustration/desperation that things may be reaching a critical mass especially as the PR campaign appears to be wearing thin with lots of announcements but little in the way tangible results.

With that being said, it's no surprise failure has been the result as they (NAWAC) apparently haven't derived much from the previous failures of other such organizations/groups engaged in similar M.O.'s.

IMO, NAWAC would have been better served to have kept their mouths shut until tangible, verifiable forensic evidence was attained.  Instead, they (IMO) appear to a group of people with more of a collection of egos and personalities rather than serious scientific practioners.

• Upvote 1

SSR Team

Plussed for that one above.

I must admit I haven't followed NAWAC that much but that was only because of what I read about them initially I never agreed with (tactically) in the first place.

I think NAWAC grossly, grossly underestimate what is actually going on with these things.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you what is going on with these things but they're clearly not some dumb animal and when you're in their domain, they rule the roost, clearly.

Classic case of humans thinking that we are the greatest thing since sliced bread, when we are not.

Yes these things can be shot though, no doubt, they're flesh and blood animals, but I think you have to outwit them mentally if you're to achieve your objective.

You have to use your brain and out think them, using things like their curiosity to do so, and most probably their belly.

And even then, I'm convinced they're much, much smarter than what we give them credit for and you'd need all the luck in the world.

Above all of that though, you need to put I ten time, real time and lot of it.

Putting in the time will allow you to ***** the situation, assessing the situation will allow you to gain an element of trust maybe and being able to find a pattern or trend, and gaining trust and finding a pattern or trend would allow you to achieve your objective.

That's morally wrong IMO of course I know, but it's the only way that I believe this thing can be nailed.

• Upvote 1

^^^ And....if they (NAWAC) possess any degree of human decency, they will not pull the trigger once they learn what they're actually dealing with regarding these entities.

Guest OntarioSquatch

They believe they're dealing with non-human apes, which makes sense because the animals they're dealing with don't match the profile of what we know to be human. They don't create tools (like spears) and struggle to even throw rocks with precision. The only evidence that could suggest that they are humans like us, is the history of hair samples with unrecognizable ape morphology repeatedly showing modern human DNA and that might be the result of contamination.

^^^ And....if they (NAWAC) possess any degree of human decency, they will not pull the trigger once they learn what they're actually dealing with regarding these entities.

I'm confused here Yuchi - in the NAWAC thread you seemed to be suggesting that the group is hoaxing, mistaken or both.  Do you believe that there are real sasquatch there at area X?

^^^ Their belief is (IMO) predicated upon ignorance of what the subject of their efforts actually is as a living entity.

Protectors of leprachauns will always cry foul when people attempt to drag the myth into the light.

They are this, that and the other or this won't work or that won't work......... And if that doesn't work? If you persist? Then they threaten you with personal guilt or bodily harm by the beast.

All I can say is that thank goodness humanity didn't take this route attempting to cross the ocean or go to the moon.

It's depressing really.

So much for the ignore button? :yes:

Demonizing the messenger is a shopworn tactic and has long lost it's allure.

Ignorance, when confronted with truth, often manifests itself as belligerence.