Whats Going On In Ocala Florida National Forest?(Missing People?)

Uhm, well NO, the missing 411 books are out there, the information is out there, lots of missing people, and YES, we can see with our eyes, that that county has the second highest BF sightings, and lots of missing people, some could be BF related, per 411. If people were going to debunk the 411 books, there would be blogs or threads on the subject, there is not. So 411 books are still valid information, even though most of us have only heard the high points on talk radio. Debunky, or be a flunky. Out in the woods, there be bad monkey.

Your response is nonsensical and doesn't even attempt to address my post.

Edited to correct my phone's autocorrect.

Edited by Bonehead74

Actually, your post was pretty nonsensical, stating that it doesn't matter that the county in question has a very high BF sightings, totally dismissing 411 books with a wave of the hand, with no backing up the information that 411 is just missing hikers getting lost.

Fact is, there is a corrolation between BF sightings and missing people in specific AREAS in 411, its not equally distributed all over the USA, the main body of lost people occur in areas where BF sightings occur, from what I understand of the books.

Ubba gooba dooba doo. Monkey see, bad monkey do. Anyways, just asking questions about this area being a good possible 411 hotspot.

Whoo whoo, thats a doozy:

The number of BFRO reports is irrelevant. Correlation does not equal causation.

The number of BFRO reports is obviously relevant. Weather or not BF related is the QUESTION Im asking, in this post.

Dooooooiiiinnnnngggggg....

National Parks are NOT the wildest places in America. They are places where until quite recently, a person couldn't carry a firearm. Since crime seems to flourish where people are unarmed, I wouldn't be too quick to blame bigfoot. Additionally, if campers/hikers were being abducted by bigfoot, wouldn't that be happening outside National Parks at a similar rate based on estimated BF population levels. If this were the case, and non park areas having a higher percentage of armed visitors, shouldn't many of the presumed bigfoot based abductions end in shootings and possibly the acquisition of the type specimen people have been hoping for?

Guest OntarioSquatch

Take a look at the number of people who have gone missing in the Crater Lake area of Oregon over the last 100 years. It's extremely high, yet there's only one BFRO report in the immediate area.

Like people often say, correlation doesn't mean causation. You have to look at more places, not just Ocala. For the sake of the argument, lets say in one place there's both lots of missing people and reports. That still doesn't mean the two are related. If the reports don't include details such as Bigfoot attacking someone or carrying them away, then they are open to interpretation. 

Bigfoot just isn't the #1 suspect in missing persons cases. Not even number 2, 3, 4 or 5...

Right, but Ocola has a high number of both BF sightings, and missing people. Dooooooiiiiiinnnnnnggggggg!!!

There is probably no way to discern if it could be BF/411 type deal, because the human population may also be highly predatory.

But this could have been an interesting thread, maybe I'll research it a bit more.

It depends on the circumstances...

What were the activities of the people, at the time of disappearance?

If they were camping.... then for sure it was Bigfoot! Unless that kind of thing is limited to Texas only? I'd have to ask an expert...

It sounds like mayhem, and human predation. But one could compare the 21 sightings county and see if there is any missing people in there, as a possible correlative.

Seems lots of low-lives live in that part of Florida.

But, one or 2 or 3 could be a type of 411/BF missing persons case, just like the Adirondack Trail, which supposedly has lots of missing hikers. Don't know, didn't get the book yet.

Actually, your post was pretty nonsensical, stating that it doesn't matter that the county in question has a very high BF sightings, totally dismissing 411 books with a wave of the hand, with no backing up the information that 411 is just missing hikers getting lost.

• I didn't say it doesn't matter
  • I did not dismiss the Missing 411 books
  • I did not say that the Missing 411 books are just hikers getting lost

Fact is, there is a corrolation between BF sightings and missing people in specific AREAS in 411, its not equally distributed all over the USA, the main body of lost people occur in areas where BF sightings occur, from what I understand of the books.

• There is also a correlation between areas of bigfoot sightings and UFO sightings in North America. Hmmmm... Coincidence?
  • Have you read the Missing 411 books?

Ubba gooba dooba doo. Monkey see, bad monkey do.

74c.jpeg

Anyways, just asking questions about this area being a good possible 411 hotspot.

Nothing wrong with asking, but:

• The cases you cited obviously have very little to nothing in common with the Missing 411 cases. You need Missing 411-type cases to have a Missing 411 hotspot, no?
  • Why drag bigfoot into the mix?

Whoo whoo, thats a doozy:

The number of BFRO reports is irrelevant. Correlation does not equal causation.

The number of BFRO reports is obviously relevant. Weather or not BF related is the QUESTION Im asking, in this post.

For it to be relevant, you need to show that:

1. There are cases there that fit the Missing 411 pattern (and you haven't)
  2. Bigfoot are behind the disappearances that are documented in the Missing 411 books. A comprehensive look at all the Missing 411 cases does not point to bigfoot being responsible (at least not as a primary and original cause, but that's a discussion for another time and place...)

Dooooooiiiinnnnngggggg....

Dooooooiiiinnnnngggggg indeed.

Edited by Bonehead74

Guest Serohs

Oh wow I just saw this thread. The Ocala National Forest is where I spend a lot of my time when I can get out into the woods. There have been a lot of sightings in this area yes, but from personal first hand experience from growing up around here and spending a lot of time out there I can say there are certain areas I will avoid. Especially if I have my sons with me. There was one case about 2-3 years back I had went out on my own early in the morning to do some hiking/photography and when I came back mid morning to my car there was a flyer under my windshield wiper about a missing woman. Early 20's IIRC.   Anyway the closest intersection to where I get back on County Road 42 is the intersection with 182nd Avenue. For the last couple years until recently there was a big sign placed at the intersection about this woman also. She left behind a very young child. As more facts started coming out about the circumstances surrounding her it became clear it was foul play. There were drugs involved (might have been meth) and a much older man who was the last to see her. Supposedly they were out in his truck in the middle of the forest, in the middle of the night, and she just decided to "get out" and go somewhere....hmmmm???

Anyway to this day she has never been found. I do not think the guy has been charged with anything either. Very sad story. She was an attractive woman also. You can speculate all kinds of scenarios here.

Back when I was a 20 yr. old myself I remember they found a body of a woman headless. all they had to go on was some sort of sun shaped tattoo on the body. I do not think they solved that one either.

The rainbow people frequent the forest a lot at certain times of the year. A lot of businesses and people have issues with them. Personally I have never found them more than friendly towards me when I have encountered them.

At one point in my life when I was looking for some property there were a few places on the edges/outskirts of the forest that we went into that you just got that weird feeling. Almost deliverance type of feeling. Suffice to say we did not stay in those areas long. There are a lot of good areas also. Lots of springs and places that are very nice and a great way to spend the day with the family.  There is a dark side of this forest though. Again some places I will definitely avoid.   There is also a Naval Bombing range in the middle of the forest. That can be fun to hear the planes doing their runs when hiking.

Edited by Serohs

Serohs, I lived in the area from 1994 to 2005 and remember the Rainbow people, I think they would do a group camp out there yearly. Did you ever come across or hear anything about the caverns? I believe they were probably formed by ancient sink holes, we were taken to 2 of them but they were to the west of the forest.

You mentioned 42, if you are familiar with the area where 42 and 301 intersect, to the west there was either an old batch plant or gravel pit, have no idea if it is still there or not. But where we lived prior to buying our other Summerfield property there was a tree line that ran along the west border of our property all the way through what used to be called "Silverleaf thoroughbred farms" and then all the way to 42. I was told about a series of underground caverns in that specific area and this was verified by 2 people who used to work at that farm along with a property owner that bordered it and 42.

These areas were private property and we couldn't access that area but over the years the majority of the odd stuff seemed to cluster in the areas mentioned along with other conversations of caverns in and near the n/f.

The "underground" theory has always intrigued me as to possible travel corridors and the possible missing people that have never been found. Once this property sells here in Arkansas we'll be moving back down there but possibly more to the north, but am hoping to pick back up researching that area. "IF" I had not been shown those other 2 caverns I would not have ever believed the possibility of what we were told about the other caverns.

Nasty history

http://kidnappingmurderandmayhem.blogspot.com/2008/06/dark-forest.html

I have to say that's a pretty grim article on that area, but crime is going to be everywhere especially in remote areas, even here in the Ouachita's. I believe that blog only covers from 2008 and back. It does give a reality check though for those of us who do frequent these areas to always be cautious. Sad but true! 

Edited by Painthorse

Guest Serohs

Serohs, I lived in the area from 1994 to 2005 and remember the Rainbow people, I think they would do a group camp out there yearly. Did you ever come across or hear anything about the caverns? I believe they were probably formed by ancient sink holes, we were taken to 2 of them but they were to the west of the forest.

You mentioned 42, if you are familiar with the area where 42 and 301 intersect, to the west there was either an old batch plant or gravel pit, have no idea if it is still there or not. But where we lived prior to buying our other Summerfield property there was a tree line that ran along the west border of our property all the way through what used to be called "Silverleaf thoroughbred farms" and then all the way to 42. I was told about a series of underground caverns in that specific area and this was verified by 2 people who used to work at that farm along with a property owner that bordered it and 42.

These areas were private property and we couldn't access that area but over the years the majority of the odd stuff seemed to cluster in the areas mentioned along with other conversations of caverns in and near the n/f.

The "underground" theory has always intrigued me as to possible travel corridors and the possible missing people that have never been found. Once this property sells here in Arkansas we'll be moving back down there but possibly more to the north, but am hoping to pick back up researching that area. "IF" I had not been shown those other 2 caverns I would not have ever believed the possibility of what we were told about the other caverns.

I have heard of the caverns yes. I always heard they were west of where 42 and 27/441 intersected, but never as narrowed down as you just stated. With what info you gave I will see what else I can find out about them as I was always interested in getting more information about it. That area is giving way to the villages development at an alarming rate so I hope the private property has not already been sold/developed.   I remember one  trip out in the forest near Lake Mary/Lake Katherine where a large group of the Rainbow people had decided to camp at for the weekend. They do not play around and take the hippy lifestyle to the extreme. They were actually very polite. They did ask me not to take any pictures of them and I respected that. They basically made huge tents out of what I can best describe as huge black trash bag plastic sheets. They had people around bon fires playing acoustic guitars, etc... adults, kids, etc...   the smoke from the fires wasn't the only thing hanging around in the air. Just from passing thru I can say I left with a "higher" feeling of peace. :P    I know shoplifting and stuff goes up a lot when they are around, but personally I think they add some character out there in the deep woods LOL.

Edited by Serohs

Ya, Serohs, we never had any negative dealings with the rainbow people either. Yes, the Villages went nuts with development. I think in a short period of time between them and DelWeb Spruce Creek they erected over 80,000 homes in less than 3 years. My husband set a lot of the trusses for those homes as a crane operator. Please let me know if you find out any more info on those caverns. Also do you remember the runaway teen that they found that was staying/living in one of those caverns? I remember it made the paper but I believe it was near the Paddock Mall in Ocala. That whole area has what is known as "wild caves". One of the caverns we were brought to had a small opening but opened up to a large "room" there was even an old mattress down in it, how the heck they got it down there with that small opening, I have no idea unless there was another entrance that we couldn't find, did not go into it, had no ropes so clueless if there was adjoining tunnels. ALSO, going towards Ocala from Belleview on 441 on the right hand side there used to be what looked like an old motorcycle/ auto scrap/parts yard. There used to be an old sign there about caverns.