Creepiest Thing You Found While Hunting Bf, But Was Not...

VAfooter

Strange altars that have obviously been used.  Makes you start looking over your shoulder.

A perfectly dug open grave with no erosion of the sides, filled with dead leaves on the bottom.  This wasn't far from the altar and none of us wanted to climb in and search under the leaves.

Well, a number of pagan/non-satanic and masonic styled occult societies have a theme of rising from the dead, or being reborn into society as initiation rite,  it's possible that one of them might take the "theatrics" a bit further with a simulated grave, in which case I would suspect it was aligned east/west. (Sunrise/set or planet Venus often being significant) 

Then also, there's the possibility it was a shelter, missing it's lean-to roof, which might have been a small tarp tied up between trees and taken with.

There wasn't any easy way in or out of it.  The sides were sheer, unweathered, showed no wear from entry and exit, and it was dug in a perfect, crisp-sided rectangle.  It was also at least eight feet deep with who knows how deep a leaf clutter on the bottom.  At the time I thought it had been intentionally filled with dead leaves.  One of the reason none of us jumped in is that we didn't know if it was dug as a grave, a trap of some sort or what.  For all we knew, there were stakes planted in the bottom.  Given the nature of the nearby altar, it could have been anything.  But it clearly took some care to dig it.  The dirt removed from it was nowhere close that I could see.

you know that's a  $20.00 charge, right ? ;)

Thats ok, I've built up a pile of credit...

Where's the link?

Thanks  R/A!!

Ok, so are the pentagrams and stuff in the mid-west? Whats the locations for all that crap?

Edited by Wag

At the time I thought it had been intentionally filled with dead leaves.  

Well for either purpose I mentioned that would be possible, either for a comfy bed, or a soft landing when they drop the initiate backward into it.

Yea, it could be an initiation grave, or a real one, who knows. What state? None of you peoples list your states, although you can in your profile. Wag lists his state, so therefore, so should you. :wild:

Creepiest thing I saw was a giant pile of raccoon parts. It's was HUNDREDS of skulls and skeletons.

I was not the one who found it first but I did film it, Here are some screen captures.

post-21915-0-37735800-1431914475_thumb.j

post-21915-0-10405700-1431914484_thumb.j

post-21915-0-93273600-1431914493_thumb.j

Wow, that is weird redbone. Something sure must like raccoon!

That must have put quite a dent in the raccoon population in the area.

Edited by BigTreeWalker

There is likely a logical explanation for that, like **** hunters, but that is weird. It reminds me of the time I found several large piles of mussel shells stacked.

Wow, that is something Redbone!  Do **** hunters get those kinds of numbers?  I know serious trappers can...

This had to be done by hunters or trappers. Some of the skulls appeared to have bullet holes and you could drive right up to this spot.

What state? None of you peoples list your states, although you can in your profile. Wag lists his state, so therefore, so should you. :wild:

how 'bout .......".... of confusion":lol:

• Upvote 1