Creepiest Thing You Found While Hunting Bf, But Was Not...

VAfooter

Thanks, I now have the strange urge to decorate something with raccoon skulls. ... (Since you have a source that doesn't involve offing any more raccoons, but the one getting into my garbage is asking for it.) 

edit: derp, obvious solution, garbage enclosure decorated with 'em muhuhaaaa... 

Edited by Flashman2.0

I have seen raccoon bone piles similar to that near where I live now. Though mine are ( or so I'm told) from locals killing them for getting in garbage then dumping them in the woods. could it be something like that?

that's a lot of locals and a lot of garbage.... short of a dedicated trapper or '**** hunter that's waaay more skulls / bones than i would ever expect to find.

unless, of course ,  there is a KFC near by...."Kentucky Fried '****" ;)

Creepiest thing I found while out and about with one of my brothers on the family farm was a small grouping of teeth.  Not arranged - just like they were dropped.

Looked like they were from a single animal - rabbit or gopher maybe.  I recall a couple of LONG incisors and the rest were chewing teeth. 

They were not fresh but were dirty and brown looking.

They were alongside the foundation to an old chicken coop - just the foundation was left the building was long gone.

They were just there one day.  Not far from the house -20 yards - so I would have noticed them earlier ( I was probably about 10 so it was a play area for me).

Very disturbing like they were placed there.  This was ND so I wouldn't think BF but it was really creepy.

still for me the creepiest thing I have found in the woods was the remains of a deer carcass falling out of the tree I was sitting under while I was having a personal break. Yes it landed on me. I did not stay log in the woods after that.

still for me the creepiest thing I have found in the woods was the remains of a deer carcass falling out of the tree I was sitting under while I was having a personal break. Yes it landed on me. I did not stay log in the woods after that.

I know this is a dumb question, but what puts deer in trees?  Leopards do, but North America is fresh out of them, as a rule.  I've never heard of dead deer in trees.

17x7

I know this is a dumb question, but what puts deer in trees? Leopards do, but North America is fresh out of them, as a rule. I've never heard of dead deer in trees.

17x7

my guess is a poacher or something. cougars have been known to as well. I didn't stick around to try and figure it out. I more just looked at what fell, a leg and some hide, and ran. my first thought was big cat.