Why Would Denialist Waste Their Time On This Or Any Other Bf Website?

MNskeptic

BFF Patron

I think their sadistic ways are telling, and some are just JREF wannabe's or sadists on JREF under another moniker. 

Faenor if you are neither of these you can join me on my research subforum and be 100% of the pseudoskeptic naysayer gallery and 50% of the total  (j/k)

:spiteful:

Edited by bipedalist

Probably similar reason that some of the attention seekers there are on this site that make up stories on sightings.

You just learn to ignore the extremists on both sides of the spectrum

I find similarities with the Inquisition. Anything that challenges accepted scientific belief is opposed. JMO

I think this is being over thought really.  I just think they are just a higher level of troll.  More evolved than your garden variety internet troll, but a troll none the less.

• Upvote 2

As a former proponent it's not difficult to observe the bigfoot continuum.  Those times when I speak out are not designed to throw the believer off the track of belief. It is designed to present a more rational mindset that may have a positive effect on helping to remove some of the more untenable ideas that have taken root in the believer camp.  For example bigfoot is nearly everywhere and there is a large population of them.  

It is also interesting to view how the entire bigfoot continuum recreates itself as needed in order to perpetuate the mythology when obviously solid approaches in technology are unsuccessful.  For example game camera failure because bigfoot can hear the cameras or otherwise sense them. 

Whether we want it or not. CL your point is mute on population as many have given you solid logical thoughts on this which you ignore and refuse to have the slightest conversation about and that can be recognized as trolling. On the last example, take your game cameras out and prove "everyone" wrong. How many hours have you spent in the field total? The last thing you would want to do is help the believers out because it is easier to call everything posted positive to the subject "Bull"! I truly think denialists overvalue their presence here - then again, it's just MHO. 

Edited by beerhunter

This question has been asked and answered many times.

I have an interest in Bigfoot.

This is a forum about Bigfoot.

Not too hard to connect the lines.

I am definitely a skeptic, and I love some good debunking.  I used to perform as a Mentalist (mind reading magic) and there's a special appeal to me for a very believable hoax, whether is pulling one off or figuring out how it's done.  As a magic performer, you have special permission to 'hoax' the audience without actually going south ethically.

I think I part ways with the denialists because though I doubt the majority of evidence put forth as pertaining to BF, I acknowledge that are some things that I just can't explain.   If I firmly believed that there was no possibility that this is a real phenomenon, I don't think I could participate here.  I'm just not that into trolling....

They are here for the fun of challenging the implausible claims, it's easy trolling for sure, but they do provide a form of check/balance against the veracity of some stories.

Plenty of bigfoot proponents do that. It is certainly not the case here that most proponents accept all stories. Most proponents are sceptical about many things.

Guest Squatchologist

I agree with OldDog, they do it for same reason other people troll on the Internet, I'm just not sure what you get out of trolling

The BFF has a plethora of threads containing claims debunked by "denialists". It keeps the forum real and I for one am happy to have them. That is what makes the BFF unique IMO, you can't come here and tell fairy tales without being challenged. They will be examined.

There's also a tonne of stuff they jump all over claiming to debunk but not really having anything smoking gun apart from the worn out "Well it can't be real, because they don't exist". Though actually, I remember skeptical proponents doing a lot of the legwork on actual debunkable photos, (Mis-IDs, demonstrable hoaxes) 

Errr...they lack proper socialization? Really and truly, beats the doggy-do out of me. None are worthy of anything but amused pity from me. Rain barrell ***** fishing does have its guilty pleasures too.

Funny...the sport of shooting clay pigeons will not be mentioned here, per censorous firewall program.

I think a lot of the "denialists" as the OP names them find it amusing to debunk most of the crazy claims made by some proponents.

They are here for the fun of challenging the implausible claims, it's easy trolling for sure, but they do provide a form of check/balance against the veracity of some stories.

The BFF has a plethora of threads containing claims debunked by "denialists". It keeps the forum real and I for one am happy to have them. That is what makes the BFF unique IMO, you can't come here and tell fairy tales without being challenged. They will be examined.

It's a good thing.

Agreed completely. That's why I say the BFF is the only place that matters when it comes to discussing bigfoot. There is a good mix of all viewpoints.