Finding Bigfoot Has Been On The Air For 5 Years. It Should Be Called Not Finding Bigfoot.

Guest Taylor

EVERY episode is the same:

Somebody hears something in the woods:

1zwbsww.jpg

Bobo says its a Squatch:

tumblr_lxt6eqyppk1qmj2ago2_250.gif

The producer cuts to the thermal:

_wsb_200x150_7_cow_2010.JPG

They build the suspense by cutting to the screaming bigfoot:

Screen-Shot-2012-10-14-at-3.34.09-PM-600

Then the commercial rolls:

b287a6291316649.gif

Edited by seminole

Why don't they just hang a couple bags of Jack Links from he trees. That should bring the big guy out.

We see it in ad after ad.  Ride mountain bikes at him; hit him with Frisbees; make fun of the big guy.  Documentation will soon follow, and your dental records will just be one more detail.

• 8 months later...
Guest freelygiven

I know. For a scientist, you would think she would be a bit more open minded....

Oh, this is where I go sasquatch, and apologies for being so late to this discussion, but I'm new here. Also, my experience is literally limited to what I see on TV, so I take what I can get, basically.

To me, this is a wannabe scientist. Having a degree in a science doesn't make you a scientist any more than walking around in the woods does, as she suggests. Science requires you to operationaize your hypothesis. Start with the premise that bf doesn't exist. Fine. If she ever spoke in terms of probabilities or statistics, I'd have no problem, but she doesn't seem to know any better.  Woodslore mentioned her reaction, "We are in the middle of no where and we all saw it. The guys are all so certain it was a Sasquatch. I just can't rule out it being a man in a fur suit." You can NEVER rule it out. WHY can't you rule it out? It has to be because one probability outweighs another. Tell me what the chances are you'd see a man in a fur suit out there waist deep in snow 500 miles from the nearest cell phone tower? It's just not a conclusion based on any kind of science or measurement of any kind She's not a believable skeptic to me, really. DWA and I will be looking for that bipedal moose running with no antlers. There's a better chance of that, I'd guess.

To the topic of the thread, bf forgot to read their script and never got the memo with their limited schedule, so they could well rename the show, "Never Gonna Find Bigfoot!"

BFF Patron

Sure was a very short season this year.    Ratings must not have been good.    They started filming unexpectedly last fall so Cliff could not attend the Sasquatch Summit in late November.    So it was like the season had been cancelled then some other show turned out bombing so they ginned up a short season of Finding Bigfoot to fill in.   The cast members, if you talk to them privately, will tell you they don't have much hope of an encounter on camera.   There are too many people around during filming for one thing. 

I know. For a scientist, you would think she would be a bit more open minded....

Oh, this is where I go sasquatch, and apologies for being so late to this discussion, but I'm new here. Also, my experience is literally limited to what I see on TV, so I take what I can get, basically.

To me, this is a wannabe scientist. Having a degree in a science doesn't make you a scientist any more than walking around in the woods does, as she suggests. Science requires you to operationaize your hypothesis. Start with the premise that bf doesn't exist. Fine. If she ever spoke in terms of probabilities or statistics, I'd have no problem, but she doesn't seem to know any better.  Woodslore mentioned her reaction, "We are in the middle of no where and we all saw it. The guys are all so certain it was a Sasquatch. I just can't rule out it being a man in a fur suit." You can NEVER rule it out. WHY can't you rule it out? It has to be because one probability outweighs another. Tell me what the chances are you'd see a man in a fur suit out there waist deep in snow 500 miles from the nearest cell phone tower? It's just not a conclusion based on any kind of science or measurement of any kind She's not a believable skeptic to me, really. DWA and I will be looking for that bipedal moose running with no antlers. There's a better chance of that, I'd guess.

To the topic of the thread, bf forgot to read their script and never got the memo with their limited schedule, so they could well rename the show, "Never Gonna Find Bigfoot!"

You're not the only one late to the party. ;)

I'm not trying to pile on Ranae, and I do understand her role on the show is to be the skeptic but I know what you mean about not being a believable skeptic. The problem it causes for her and the show, as you alluded to, is sometimes her skepticism comes across as illogical.  

Such as when a witness is very sure of what they saw and was able to gauge height by a tree branch or maybe by a window, and the figure was 7-8 ft. tall, it defies logic to say it could be a person in a suit. 

A few years ago, they showed a trailcam photo of an all black figure standing near a hunting blind on private, posted property in Louisiana. In a comparison photo with Bobo, the figure was considerably taller and I think Bobo is 6'3. They could also use the blind to help gauge height. When Ranae learned there was a river near there, she immediately jumped on the idea that the 7ft tall figure must have been a fisherman.

What are the chances it was a fishermen that was around 7ft tall, was wearing all black clothing to go fishing in, was trespassing, and had no fishing rod and no tackle box. 

It just seemed illogical to me.

Guest freelygiven

I'm not trying to pile on Ranae, and I do understand her role on the show is to be the skeptic but I know what you mean about not being a believable skeptic. The problem it causes for her and the show, as you alluded to, is sometimes her skepticism comes across as illogical.  

Such as when a witness is very sure of what they saw and was able to gauge height by a tree branch or maybe by a window, and the figure was 7-8 ft. tall, it defies logic to say it could be a person in a suit. 

A few years ago, they showed a trailcam photo of an all black figure standing near a hunting blind on private, posted property in Louisiana. In a comparison photo with Bobo, the figure was considerably taller and I think Bobo is 6'3. They could also use the blind to help gauge height. When Ranae learned there was a river near there, she immediately jumped on the idea that the 7ft tall figure must have been a fisherman.

What are the chances it was a fishermen that was around 7ft tall, was wearing all black clothing to go fishing in, was trespassing, and had no fishing rod and no tackle box. 

I just have to hit "mute" when she starts talking. I tape it so I can ff through all the chatter. I like the town halls, though. They don't include enough of those eyewitness testimonies.

The team is supposed  to find  a mythical  monster  that obviously does not exist.  I will be so impressed if and when they pull that off.  Sure has  not been a lot of  success  before and after them.   One  controversial film and nothing since.  I can not understand how  proponets  complain about something that is   simply  just not  feasabile.  How many of you have found Bigfoot ?  Absolutely 0.

Misidenfications, liars and  hoaxers  have failed to  produce   a body on the slab.

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin

I just have to hit "mute" when she starts talking. I tape it so I can ff through all the chatter. I like the town halls, though. They don't include enough of those eyewitness testimonies.

I like the town halls too. It seems whenever the witness that had the sighting was a young kid, Ranae seems to always dismiss their story as the kid's imagination. And if the witnesses are teenagers, it's dismissed as someone playing a prank. How many adults are going to spend their money on a fur suit just to prank some teenagers; I certainly wouldn't. How many teenagers have the size and bulk to wear a fur suit and look believable? 

It's possible some can be but I don't think all kids and teenagers stories can be dismissed that easily; that's the problem when you're playing a role.

And to think I wasn't trying to pile on.  :D

BFF Patron

When I was contacted by the producers to come to a town hall because of my encounter report,   Renae was a big reason I did not accept.    I could not hold my temper through her asinine questioning.    Of course I could have started out saying what she does,   "As a scientist, " to rub her face in it some.    She isn't the only scientist in the world.     I might also have held back my picture for when she pronounced that what I saw was something else.     I still cannot believe the BFRO has chosen not to investigate that report.     How many reports do they get that has a picture to support the sighting?   

BFF Patron

Sure was a very short season this year.    Ratings must not have been good.    They started filming unexpectedly last fall so Cliff could not attend the Sasquatch Summit in late November.    So it was like the season had been cancelled then some other show turned out bombing so they ginned up a short season of Finding Bigfoot to fill in.   The cast members, if you talk to them privately, will tell you they don't have much hope of an encounter on camera.   There are too many people around during filming for one thing. 

Think about it, the only people that seem to be able to "force" a sighting are those who have big hairy friends such childhood or habituators, with a few exceptions of possibly a few researchers that connected the dots without burning their bridges.  Why would Finding Bigfoot even have a chance unless they stuck it out for days at a time, instead of an evening or two?  I am sure smaller BFRO private expeditions have a much better change than a film crew with lightbars screwed on to every belt and appendage.  

Edited by bipedalist

Guest freelygiven

When I was contacted by the producers to come to a town hall because of my encounter report,   Renae was a big reason I did not accept.    I could not hold my temper through her asinine questioning.    Of course I could have started out saying what she does,   "As a scientist, " to rub her face in it some.    She isn't the only scientist in the world.     I might also have held back my picture for when she pronounced that what I saw was something else.     I still cannot believe the BFRO has chosen not to investigate that report.     How many reports do they get that has a picture to support the sighting?

I like the town halls too. It seems whenever the witness that had the sighting was a young kid, Ranae seems to always dismiss their story as the kid's imagination. And if the witnesses are teenagers, it's dismissed as someone playing a prank. How many adults are going to spend their money on a fur suit just to prank some teenagers; I certainly wouldn't. How many teenagers have the size and bulk to wear a fur suit and look believable? It's possible some can be but I don't think all kids and teenagers stories can be dismissed that easily; that's the problem when you're playing a role.

Don’t overthink her, OkieFoot. She didn’t. LOL!

And to think I wasn't trying to pile on. 

Hard to beat back that instinct though. I feel ya!

Are you clear of those fires down there? Been thinking about you and others. Be well.

I like the town halls too. It seems whenever the witness that had the sighting was a young kid, Ranae seems to always dismiss their story as the kid's imagination. And if the witnesses are teenagers, it's dismissed as someone playing a prank. How many adults are going to spend their money on a fur suit just to prank some teenagers; I certainly wouldn't. How many teenagers have the size and bulk to wear a fur suit and look believable? It's possible some can be but I don't think all kids and teenagers stories can be dismissed that easily; that's the problem when you're playing a role.

Don’t overthink her, OkieFoot. She didn’t. LOL!

And to think I wasn't trying to pile on. 

Hard to beat back that instinct though. I feel ya!

Are you clear of those fires down there? Been thinking about you and others. Be well.

The fires have been bad but haven't affected me. Today's paper (Tulsa World), said at least 40,000 acres have burned. I know there are some other posters on the Forum that live in Oklahoma so hopefully they're all okay.

I did read about 300 acres burned in Leflore County and Leflore has by far the most Bigfoot reports in Oklahoma in the BFRO database. 

Guest freelygiven

When I was contacted by the producers to come to a town hall because of my encounter report,   Renae was a big reason I did not accept.    I could not hold my temper through her asinine questioning.    Of course I could have started out saying what she does,   "As a scientist, " to rub her face in it some.    She isn't the only scientist in the world.    

Just put her on mute, even if she’s standing in front of you. To reiterate, she ain’t no scientist. She has a BS in….well, she has a BS. She works for a fishery. They call it “doing research.†It’s probably like taking the temperature of water and measuring fish.

I might also have held back my picture for when she pronounced that what I saw was something else.  

I might also have held back my picture for when she pronounced that what I saw was something else.    

Typically a bear or a guy in a monkey suit in some God-forsaken wilderness, just out there in 25o weather, just waiting for someone to prank.

I still cannot believe the BFRO has chosen not to investigate that report.     How many reports do they get that has a picture to support the sighting?   

Is it the BFRO? FB isn’t really that. That producer seems to have a lot of control over the whole thing. I wonder why BFRO would turn it down.

The fires have been bad but haven't affected me. Today's paper (Tulsa World), said at least 40,000 acres have burned. I know there are some other posters on the Forum that live in Oklahoma so hopefully they're all okay.

I did read about 300 acres burned in Leflore County and Leflore has by far the most Bigfoot reports in Oklahoma in the BFRO database. 

Thank goodness. That's so scary and a tragic loss. All you and the wildlife are in my thoughts.