The Critics And Reviewing

Guest tracker

Guest tracker

So because I believe that the Patterson film, the Minnesota Iceman and the BCM prints are hoaxes I shouldn't be a member here?

No everyone's welcome, if your skeptical that's ok . However Bob Gimlin is held in high regard and he is a legend in the Bf community. Some members are intentionally asking for trouble when they don't show some respect for one of the pioneers of this field. A field, topic and hobby in which was nothing and going no where until their efforts were rewarded one eventfull day in 1967.

If skeptics don't believe thats ok, maybe they can show us the suit and the believers will produce the video. ;)

cheers. :)

Guest CaptainMorgan

Wow just a little defense aren't you? I see you edited your post to better substantiate your disbelief, duly noted.

And why did you chime in to begin with? If you don't like my reply, tuff. Are you one of the critics? Did my post somehow apply to you?

My statement stands it's ground, you feel free to report it and stir up some crap.

If Bob wrote a book it would be an instant best seller classic and a must own. I like the man and his film because he is a cowboy. "Anyone can follow after the trail is paved" me :)

I caution those who would speak against these three legends on a Bf forum. Anyways a gift from tracker. ;)

Roger-Bob-Patty.jpg?t=1304550394

You have to scratch your head as to why some people try so hard to discredit others. As if it somehow puts a dent in the armor for serious researchers.

If he wrote a book, I would buy! I happen to LIKE his koolaid. :D

Edited by CaptainMorgan

Guest tracker

Hey no worries CM, there's many of us here that's got Bob & Rodgers back. And it's a shame Rene couldn't of hooked up with them since he was at bluff creek as well but left. But Rene was such an independant character ! If anyone deserved to have an encounter or at least a sighting it would of been him.

It always makes me sad remembering Dahinden searched most of his life without ever seeing one. here's a small tribute to the man that never gave up.

http://www.gvrd.com/...oot_videos.html

tracker. :(

Edited by tracker

Guest Kane2002

Well now, and after all that, has any one else got any good books to give to tracker?

Hey no worries CM, there's many of us here that's got Bob & Rodgers back. And it's a shame Rene couldn't of hooked up with them since he was at bluff creek as well but left. But Rene was such an independant character ! If anyone deserved to have an encounter or at least a sighting it would of been him.

It always makes me sad remembering Dahinden searched most of his life without ever seeing one. here's a small tribute to the man that never gave up.

http://www.gvrd.com/...oot_videos.html

tracker. :(

I bet you'd be singing a different tune if we found out bob and roger both put on a hoax that has been fooling the bigfoot community for years...I'm not claiming anything as to the authenticity of the PGF, but just throwing it out there that Bob could be taking you all for a ride.

Guest RayG

Anyone can give a review or be a critic. What's the latest movie you watched? Was it fiction or non-fiction? If it was non-fiction, did the director present a believable storyline? Did he stick to facts or not? Was the director an expert on the topic of the movie? Did you like the movie? Why or why not?

What's the last book you read? Was it fiction or non-fiction? If it was non-fiction, did the author present a believable storyline? Did he stick to facts or not? Was the author an expert on the topic of the book? Did you like the book? Why or why not?

Now why should I agree with your review of either?

RayG

Guest tracker

I bet you'd be singing a different tune if we found out bob and roger both put on a hoax that has been fooling the bigfoot community for years...I'm not claiming anything as to the authenticity of the PGF, but just throwing it out there that Bob could be taking you all for a ride.

No i don't change my POV as the wind blows but i understand your point. I know that's a real Bf in the PGF because that's exactly what i seen @ 12 ' distance from me in broad daylight in Alberta 91. Except mine was bigger and had a red tinge to it's hair. And it wasn't timid like patty.

Anyways Bob is a stand up guy, i would take him with me on the trail before any others. If Rodger & Rene were around they could come along to, four is a good expedition number. :)

soon we will have all the proof anyone could want IMO.

Edited by tracker

Right RayG, critics are simply people who render opinions of one thing or the other. Food critics might rate a particular dish unfavorably because it didn't suit their taste, while you and I might love it.

Does anyone remember a movie critic with black fuzzy hair? Maybe Gene something. If he rated a movie bad it was almost a guarantee that I'd love it.

Everyone has an opinion, I just wish I could find someone to pay me for mine!

Guest tracker

Anyone can give a review or be a critic. What's the latest movie you watched? Was it fiction or non-fiction? If it was non-fiction, did the director present a believable storyline? Did he stick to facts or not? Was the director an expert on the topic of the movie? Did you like the movie? Why or why not?

What's the last book you read? Was it fiction or non-fiction? If it was non-fiction, did the author present a believable storyline? Did he stick to facts or not? Was the author an expert on the topic of the book? Did you like the book? Why or why not?

Now why should I agree with your review of either?

RayG

Ray are you talking to me? i'll respond briefly just in case? so not to be rude.

The question was not if they can or if we should agree. The question is if they should and why would anyone trust their review. Goodall reviewed Meldrums book, great she's earned the credibility to do so. But joe blow journalist with a crash course in Bfing should maybe stick to what he knows.

Same goes for sports reporters who never played the game, coach or managed. They critique what the players, coaches or GM's should or shouldn't do. They have no idea of what they are talking about and yet they bombard everyone with their expertise on the sport.

JMO tracker. dry.gif

Edited by tracker

Anyone can give a review or be a critic

Just because they can doesn't mean they should. My experience is that most people have no idea what they are talking about (doesn't matter the subject).

Admin

Well now, and after all that, has any one else got any good books to give to tracker?

Why bother, he's not going to read them anyway...

Guest CaptainMorgan

Right, but BG and RP have never been proven to put on a hoax that has been fooling the bigfoot community for years ... more than 40 of them. Critics have tried to discredit them pretty much every way imaginable without any success.

If the worst you can say about someone is that they were a cowboy or that they were enterprising and tried various avenues to make a buck, then pretty much most of America is in the same boat.

Guest tracker

Why bother, he's not going to read them anyway...

And why is that Gigantor my friend?

Actually i read a book every week. They just have to be good enough to be keepers. :)

Just because they can doesn't mean they should. My experience is that most people have no idea what they are talking about (doesn't matter the subject).

Not true, I always know exactly what I'm talking about regardless of whether I am right or wrong. :lol: