Finding Bigfoot Crew Pushes The Gentle Giant Agenda A Bit Much

It seems like that abundance of resources allowed the PNW Indians to say "avoid mountain X, there be cannibals there...", as well. That seems a common theme up there. In rougher areas, like I believe it was Utah(?) where the Shoshone (?) cornered them in a cave and burned them due to the Sasquatches habit of stealing tribe members, it was a fight for survival. Also, the whole idea of different types fascinates me and could be the reason for the Old Man of the Woods VS. the cannibal demon monikers.

BTW, Andre the Giant would've made a perfect Bobo!

The ''Cannibal'' aspect could be ''cultural'' as, according to the 411 books, there are ''sweet spots'' where people tend to dissapear at higher levels, more or less. So its ''normal'' behavior being passed down.

Thought the cave-burning was burning ''Giants'' *humanoids, in the cave in Nevada. Oklahoma, there were ''BF wars'' and warriors were torn in half etc...Oky seemed to have a big problem in Winters with women and children going ''missing''.

• 1 month later...

Cliff, thank you very much for joining in the discussion. Your explanation makes perfect sense and your opinion is logical. Not to blow sunshine, but I really enjoy the show, even the wacky stuff Bobo says and does. He's a character!

It must be hard balancing what the crew believes/knows with what the producers believe will make good television. I applaud the balancing act. Again, your input here is truly appreciated and your explanation makes sense of the situation. Please stick around and share your thoughts. Thanks.

Yay, Cliff! Everything you say is completely consistent with everything observant people have been observing from the beginning of your show (or, in my case, the near beginning; I didn't join the party until 2012).   :)

It's clear you have tremendous integrity, as do Bobo and others. I remember reading about the time the producers wanted to leave in (or did leave in?) a FLIR image and not disclose that it was later discovered to be a shot of a deer, I think it was. You and others objected to the deliberate misleading of the audience and raised a fuss about that editing decision with the producers. I think you even discussed that incident on one of the behind-the-scenes segments with Keith. 

Anyway, my point is, it's abundantly clear that you have enormous integrity. Thank you for that. That's a rare thing, as we all know. And thank you also for being so vigilant about this particular issue: not portraying BF as a "monster". Human beings have an unfortunate tendency to view as dangerous anything they don't completely understand. Those of us with some experience in this area know there is nothing to fear; but the numbers of fearful, inexperienced people are much greater, and those voices tend to drown out the others. Thank you for refusing to be drowned out! 

Fear is a big problem. Not only does it prevent people from being able to analyze correctly what's happening right in front of their faces, but it contributes to a strange kind of blindness that makes empathy almost impossible. A frightened person will characterize another person's apparent agitation as aggression, while simultaneously labeling their own agitation as courage, as heroism. 

As long as we continue to aggrandize ourselves for the very same behaviors we're criticizing in others, we're going to have a hard time convincing anyone else (that is, the BF) that it's worth it to hang out with us.  

So thank you for helping to give us a fighting chance of coming to consciousness of our hairy neighbors in the most peaceful way possible. That's a huge, huge service you're performing. 

With gratitude, 

LeafTalker

• Upvote 1

I was surprised by the name, but the response seems spot on. If it's not him, someone did a great job pretending😄. I have no reason to be doubtful. Hopefully, he'll come back. We have to remember, as a new member he can only post twice a day IIRC.

BFF Patron

Cliff is a straight shooter, and he is doing a fantastic job with Orang Pendek research too.  I believe they have an uphill battle depicting their opinion against the cultural mantra of drooling, knuckle-dragging man-like monsters with the IQ of a green pea if it isn't like us.

...drooling, knuckle-dragging man-like monsters with the IQ of a green pea if it isn't like us.

You just described half the human population :crazy: Sasquatch probably checks his closet for us at bedtime.