Project Silent Hills - An Experiment By Mabrc And Apes

Redbone

Last summer, while on a walk in a local waterfowl sanctuary, I had a crow make a very loud "tock" sound at me, from it's perch on a cattail near the lake. It sounded very much like a woodknock.

I am sure that explains several of the so called knock sounds. Disturbed woodpeckers, Wind and tree rubs ,falling dead wood just to name  a few. Rock throwing on the other hand a little more difficult to explain except for the human factor.

Well, for clarification, rock throwing is a primate behavior, not a human exclusive behavior.

Also, I've shared this account before, but feel it worth it again re: wood knocks.

Last November I was in my tree stand opening day, it was a weird morning in that it was cool the night before, but was warming quickly as the sun rose (usually deer hunting in WI it's simply just COLD).

Fog was rolling in, limiting my sight to easily under 100 yards.

I heard a 'wood knock', then another, then another....dozens, if not hundreds in the couple hours I was out there.  At night, I would have thought I was surrounded by an army of BF.  However, when the trees immediately around me starting 'knocking', I realized this was some sort of freeze/thaw/expansion deal going on with the trees. 

Very cool, I had never experienced something like that.  Now, some would say that I was indeed surrounded by BF, just that they didn't want me to see them. 

I have the utmost confidence that was not the case.

Thank you for sharing that. I am sure  you are correct and tree knocks  are as I said easily explained.

• 5 months later...

Not sure about all of MABRC but my friend is one of their researchers and I listen too a lot of audio for him. Straight up guy who I doubt would have anything to do with them if they were shady.. But like I said I'm not sure about all of them since I was denied access to their forum after he told me to sign up and try to become a member. Even though I've never talked with any of them except him.

• Upvote 1

Guest OntarioSquatch

The project could be legitimate, but one would have to really look into it to find out, which I haven't done. Usually if a person or organization has a history of hoaxing, I'll avoid them to save time. I'm not dismissing this as a hoax or anything.

Edited by OntarioSquatch

Daisy in a Box event

BF "hand" event

BF "body" event

Ed Smith Infrasound fiasco

Ed Smith hoaxing saga

Grassball throwing, incident

8 BF in camp, incident

BF picks up ATV with rider on it, incident

Amount of verifiable forensic evidence obtained/presented from the above.....?

IMO, the fatal flaw to any organization (of which, there are plenty) that postures as a student of the scientific method and attempts to speak from authority as a public entity with claimed celebrity status has to, at some point render verifiable evidence, or (IMO) risk their relevance and becoming relegated to simply more of the white noise endemic to this field.

So does MABRC really have a history of hoaxing or did they have one sick idiot among their membership who was a hoaxer of epic proportions?

It seems to me that makes them victims of hoaxing and not an organization known for hoaxing.

I won't hold that against them. I actually (temporarily) fell for some of that BS myself. I don't blame the MABRC for that.

Never said they had a history of such yet they allowed one (alleged hoaxer) into the inner circle for several years and (allegedly) never knew what was "afoot". 

Absence of verifiable evidence to substantiate claims made.....