Bigfoot: Does It Exist? Or Not?

Bonehead74

^ Ok, my previously asked question has been downsized.

Nakani

Your question was not downsized but corrected. There is no way that there could be that many reports within our nation let alone the world. Yet the reports do define a creature that is like a man living like a animal in the wild. This is not just here in the USA , we are talking about places like in the jungles or places one might not think off. You do have people who live in far off places who have never even seen a TV, or even read books or news papers. Yet they live each day to survive and  they have reported creatures resembling Bigfoot.

These creature have been reported since our nation was born and there is no way that they could have been making that stuff up back then. It was hard days back then and they had nothing to gain but maybe loose a reputation. Now days there is a lot to gain by gaining a body to those who are greedy.

No, if you want the proof you have to search for it. Searching for it is not hard if you have your mind set right. That's the key, having an open mind and understanding that the possibilities are endless. Is not science about exploring and having that openness of knowing that there is a creature that might have our DNA mixed with the DNA of another unknown that has yet to be discovered.

My belief is there is a entity that is stopping us from discovering this unknown DNA. Let's call it the creator, a supreme being or what ever. It does not want us to find any remnants of their species. This is a hypothesis and yes a belief . ( Mods : I hope I did not cross any lines ) 

Bonehead,   It seems you are proposing an all or nothing dichotomy which may not fit the evidence. How 'bout the option they did once exist but are now gone? I think there is evidence for both ends of that proposition.

And for those who have had a sighting, are you not speaking to what you saw perhaps years ago? 

The evidence is decidedly against existed once/don't anymore.  Reports continue to pour in, tracks continue to be found, as compelling in their consistency as anything that has been offered.

One just can't explain that away as "seeing something that doesn't exist anymore."  Not if reality operates the way it appears to.

And for those who have had a sighting, are you not speaking to what you saw perhaps years ago?

Holdmybeer

You know you can say that about some sightings but cannot explain sightings where they search you out. There is no creature on earth that is smart enough to know a voice, a face or the character of a person that enters it's domain. These creatures do this and there is no way of proving this except by experiencing it first hand.

Yes, My sighting happened many years ago and there should be no reason why I should be having encounters now. So how is it that I happen to get into an area where I did not want to have a encounter and it happened. I do not understand and if they are flesh and blood which I believe that they are. How could they leave a trail that they knew I would find unless I was being hoaxed. But then this leaves me questioning what I did to prove a theory, That they some how cold read us. Those deer that I had asked for was a joke for me and really did not believe that it would work. But it did and the creatures breath I could hear it while I stood 20' in my tree stand. Yet I could not see the creature any where. Never even thought about this stealth mode that people are now talking about. Yet the breath sounded like it was right next to me. 

But is that proof no, not at all. It is just a story being told by some one on the net. The only fact in this is that it did happen to me while hunting. I open my mind to test the waters and found the truth. Until it happens to others no one will never know how real they really are. They have to be experienced to know how truly real they are.  

• Upvote 1

^ Ok, my previously asked question has been downsized.

** I'm putting my comments inside the asterisks, I hope it reads OK **

Nakani

Your question was not downsized but corrected.

** No I still want to ask, why have there been 48000+ sightings and no physical evidence recovered? **

There is no way that there could be that many reports within our nation let alone the world. Yet the reports do define a creature that is like a man living like a animal in the wild. This is not just here in the USA , we are talking about places like in the jungles or places one might not think off. You do have people who live in far off places who have never even seen a TV, or even read books or news papers. Yet they live each day to survive and they have reported creatures resembling Bigfoot.

** Every culture has stories they tell for entertainment, these stories contain all kinds of fantastical creatures not based on reality. **

These creature have been reported since our nation was born and there is no way that they could have been making that stuff up back then. It was hard days back then and they had nothing to gain but maybe loose a reputation. Now days there is a lot to gain by gaining a body to those who are greedy.

** I don't think you can say they could not have made these stories up. Also the farther back you go, the less people knew about the reality of the world, people made stuff up to explain things they didn't understand. Claims of a wild man living in the forest could have been made for many reasons. **

No, if you want the proof you have to search for it. Searching for it is not hard if you have your mind set right. That's the key, having an open mind and understanding that the possibilities are endless.

** The possibilities are not endless, our earth holds a limited amount of possibilities.

Is not science about exploring and having that openness of knowing that there is a creature that might have our DNA mixed with the DNA of another unknown that has yet to be discovered.

** I am not sure I follow what you're saying here, maybe you can rephrase it. **

My belief is there is a entity that is stopping us from discovering this unknown DNA. Let's call it the creator, a supreme being or what ever. It does not want us to find any remnants of their species. This is a hypothesis and yes a belief . ( Mods : I hope I did not cross any lines )

** Heyy? are you trying to get me in trouble? jk. I better not comment on that.**

Edited by Nakani

Guest OntarioSquatch

** No I still want to ask, why have there been 48000+ sightings and no physical evidence recovered? **

There's been physical evidence recovered. It's just that none of it points towards Sasquatch being an undiscovered species. The truth behind the phenomenon is going to be difficult to believe, but I think it'll be easier once a body is recovered and extensive DNA analysis is done. 

The physical evidence recovered points very clearly to an undiscovered species.  Footprints are physical forensic evidence, period.  They are not human; they are not made by humans; they are so consistent that a type sasquatch track exists just as a type black bear track exists.

Ohyeah the copious consistent physical evidence points and it could not be more clearly to an undocumented hominoid primate.  Anyone who contests this is simply showing a need - a bad one - to get caught up. 

OntarioSquatch,

If a dna test comes back, human, it's dna from a human. Your alien modified big footed humans will not have normal human dna, there would be differences.

Guest OntarioSquatch

DNA tests on cryptid samples are always done on mitochondrial DNA. When you genetically alter something so that it possesses different traits, you change its nuclear genome, not the mitochondrial DNA. 

Edited by OntarioSquatch

My last personal visual was early Oct 2013, so less than 2 years.   

I've gotten reports from people I know and consider credible of sightings within the last 3 weeks.   If you're thinking extinct, I see no evidence for it and sufficient evidence against it to dismiss it.

I'm editing to address a couple other things ...

DNA testing ... given the expense of DNA testing in the past, they didn't proceed with testing once something appearing to be contamination appeared.   There are certain segments of DNA used for species identification.  If BF is even relatively close to us, they would probably show positive for enough of those that contamination would be SUSPECTED and further expensive testing discontinued.   Other segments of DNA maybe very different from ours would never be tested because of the preliminary results.  This was especially true when nobody really thought BF could be anything but some kind of bipedal gorilla.   Today, with all sorts of different ideas about how close the could be to us bantered around, hopefully if the sample provider is confident, they will pay the lab to proceed with testing.   

In a sense, both sides are right and both sides are wrong.   What we need, if we're going to rely on DNA testing is a sample someone truly believes in enough to see testing through to the end regardless of the initial appearance that it is contaminated.

Existence has not been proven by science but there is enough evidence to warrant more serious investigation than seems to have been done.   There are masters and doctoral theses just waiting to be written on THE PROCESS if not the results.   I really wish I were 20 again ...

MIB 

Edited by MIB
  • Upvote 1

Hello All,

As far as existence goes because of this talk about hybrid stuff one should keep in mind that in hybridization nothing gets added- only taken away. So some genes that were switched on simply don't get switched on. Or their order in the DNA helix is different. Or if they do switch on then the sequence of when they get switched on is changed. Not only that but the time that the gene(s) remains on or off is changed as well. It's these kinds of genetic alterations that tell cells to make a hoof or a fin or a wing.....or an arm.

• Upvote 1

The physical evidence recovered points very clearly to an undiscovered species.  Footprints are physical forensic evidence, period.  They are not human; they are not made by humans; they are so consistent that a type sasquatch track exists just as a type black bear track exists.

Ohyeah the copious consistent physical evidence points and it could not be more clearly to an undocumented hominoid primate.  Anyone who contests this is simply showing a need - a bad one - to get caught up. 

DWA

Yes but foot prints have been proven to be made faked By Wallace. Also fake foot prints were shown how they could be made by using silicone  and expanded to suable size. so in a way that makes that evidence void until proven differently. 

I believe that the head way for belief or at least that they are real is using thermos. Making them more stealthy would improve the odds in our favor. Knowing how they use their heat would help on retrieving a body. They have to have a signature on a thermo where they can be found before they know you are there.

DWA

I do agree with that last sentence though. There truly is a undocumented hominoid primate, question is what type of humanoid primate is it? I have seen it and so have others, there is no denying that. Were we all hoaxed maybe but then we have the evidence that was left be hind after a encounter. They could not all be hoaxes and surely we could not be calling them all liars either.

Some of those encounters that took place the people wanted nothing to do with the woods. (Including my self) The encounters scared them that badly and it is not just people who were never in the woods. But hunters who have put plenty of time in the woods, why do they get chosen the most. These are the people that get the most fear  from them. Is it due to what they are hunting, I do not know. But they do seem to be the most effected by the encounter. No there is some thing out there that places fear that is misplace because we do not understand. 

If people are leading to a certain avenue to report some thing that they themselves do not understand. Then there must be some thing of real substance being reported.

Hello All,

As far as existence goes because of this talk about hybrid stuff one should keep in mind that in hybridization nothing gets added- only taken away. So some genes that were switched on simply don't get switched on. Or their order in the DNA helix is different. Or if they do switch on then the sequence of when they get switched on is changed. Not only that but the time that the gene(s) remains on or off is changed as well. It's these kinds of genetic alterations that tell cells to make a hoof or a fin or a wing.....or an arm.

Hiflier

Maybe and yes this a big maybe, what you are say seems right about certain switches within our DNA and gene. So many millions of years ago when chimps started out there was a branch that could have broken off there. Well with in the DNA these switches started turning on and off switches and these creatures started forming. There hair started to form they began to stand straight, walk on two legs. Their feet started to form as a human and this new species formed.

I was taught that it takes two different parents that have similar DNA to create a new species. But now with gene splicing they are creating ears on mice human blood in pigs. So what was spliced with these creature that made them what they are.

Hello Shadowborn,

Your guess is as good as mine. But one thing seems to be apparent (see what I did there?). Just like the Blue-Footed Boobies in the Galapagos don't mingle with the Yellow Footed ones after their ancestral split so too will Humans and other primates not intermingle after their ancestral spit. It's why I don't think that if there is a Sasquatch that it's a hybrid in the true sense of the word but has been a separate species all along.

We may even be the mutants of the entire hominid line in which we're made up of all the recessive traits. We could be the ones whose line suffer the most DNA modifications- not Sasquatch. They may be the norm, not us.

If they exist.

Edited by hiflier

Shadow born. Humans have a tendency to view ourselves as the "supreme" and so we compare everything to "us".  There are other possibilities to what you are saying.  Like we have DNA like theirs but some extras in ours.  Look at it from the view they are perfectly adapted from birth, just like apes, chimps and all other animals to function in nature here. We are the ones that would die without at least our crudest technology and having to cloth ourselves normally by killing other animals or we freeze to death. We seem to be the odd animal out on this world. JMO

Crowlogic,  the unicorn, dragon, fairy thing is very old.   Show me a report of a Law enforcement officer that has publicly reported a dragon, a unicorn, and or a fairy.  A serious report not some lame joke report. I can show links to several Sasquatch reports from Law enforcement individuals only. 

Edited by David NC