Skunk Ape Sighting Or Cgi?

Guest 67Mopar

A Red Circle should help. I'm not sure my link brings up the video in full resolution. I should have tried this in the testing area first.

post-21915-0-60809100-1444240810_thumb.j

Edited by Redbone

Guest 67Mopar

Not a stump... Way too dark. If it's legit, it's more than likely a black panther.

I think the black panthers disbanded in the late 70s early 80s and generally operated in more urban enviornments.

Gee whiz! Get with the program!

Beautiful cat! :)

The state says that there's maybe 200 panthers total in the state, yet the sightings suggest otherwise. I once hit a black panther on Tamiami Trail, heading south to Cape Coral. It was laying in the middle of the road, warming itself on the cement... I only saw it when it looked toward my headlights, but by then it was too late. :(

Lots of sightings in East Orlando, which make me think that the chewed-up drain spout, and the running on the roof may have been a panther. 

Edited by 67Mopar

For fun - I found movement in a video made by my dash cam last Thursday. I had stopped in a Squatchy spot in Iowa and took off down a trail to the left. My dash cam was still powered so it recorded in my absence. I noticed some movement (upper right area) as I reviewed the video this week.

Can you spot it? Can you tell what it is?

Hint: It's not Sasquatch... I'll post the answer in awhile.

(hopefully the link works) http://api.smugmug.com/services/embed/4413802094_WCWLmKp?width=640&height=360&albumId=47946035&albumKey=7kwbZS

https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-9Hcjk9/i-WCWLmKp

It appears like something moves from left to right through the trees beyond the fallen log on the upper right. In the video it appears just above the fallen log. At one point, it appears to stop for a few seconds before moving on. Am I in the ballpark?

However, I couldn't make a guess as to what it is.

This animation business is much easier when the camera is stable.

This is magnified about 5x from the original 1080 video. I'll bet you can see it now!

(you may need to click to animate)

post-21915-0-11799100-1444242758.gif

The only black phase cat known by science is a jaguar in north America. Cougars are never black.

You should have retrieved the body.

For fun - I found movement in a video made by my dash cam last Thursday. I had stopped in a Squatchy spot in Iowa and took off down a trail to the left. My dash cam was still powered so it recorded in my absence. I noticed some movement (upper right area) as I reviewed the video this week.

Can you spot it? Can you tell what it is?

Hint: It's not Sasquatch... I'll post the answer in awhile.

(hopefully the link works) http://api.smugmug.com/services/embed/4413802094_WCWLmKp?width=640&height=360&albumId=47946035&albumKey=7kwbZS

https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-9Hcjk9/i-WCWLmKp

It appears like something moves from left to right through the trees beyond the fallen log on the upper right. In the video it appears just above the fallen log. At one point, it appears to stop for a few seconds before moving on. Am I in the ballpark?

However, I couldn't make a guess as to what it is.

To add; I think it first appeared in view beyond the fallen log at about the 15-16 second mark of the video.

Guest 67Mopar

The panther is a subspecies of cougar, and yes, there are black panthers in Florida. 

You don't get out of your vehicle at 3:00 am anywhere in the southern third. I wasn't that far down, but close enough. 

This animation business is much easier when the camera is stable.

This is magnified about 5x from the original 1080 video. I'll bet you can see it now!

(you may need to click to animate)

attachicon.gifMovement 01Oct.gif

Under magnification it makes it look like something comes into view from the left and reaches forward with it's right arm.

Is that you in the video? ;)

^^ I was nowhere near it. I was maybe a hundred yards or more in the other direction away from the car.

I have a similar video from yesterday but the 'mysterious movement' is easier to identify. It was a rafter of turkeys (I had to Google to find that term). Maybe this evening I will shorten and upload that video as well.

I had returned almost a year to the day from my 'possible' sighting at the Shell Rock Preserve near Nora Springs, as discussed in this thread. http://bigfootforums.com/index.php/topic/41373-weird-stuff-encounter-my-family-had-camping-in-northern-iowa/?p=865445

Almost exactly the same thing happened to me again this year. I 'heard' the turkeys so I knew something was up above me as I walked the creek bed. In the same place as last year and in the same way I walked up the bank and spooked something bigger off just beyond the trees. I did not get a good look but I think it was lighter in color than what I saw last year. My camera was pointed that direction but I haven't found any movement in my videos yet (except for the turkeys)

Edit to note: I just reached 800 Posts!

Edited by Redbone
  • Upvote 1

Ive never claimed to be a great speller.

So how is your black Cougar search going? Meh thats probably just a made up story too......

^ What is your problem, Mopar?

I don't suspect we'll be seeing much of you around here in the future.  So long.

He/she/it is trying to get banned. This just gets worse until it happens, hopefully soon. There is no sense in feeding the troll.