Bbc Article: Why Don't People See The Yeti Anymore?

Guest Stan Norton

Simple bedrock logic.  If science confirms any hairy hominoid as real, the only logical scientific response is to presume the others real as well, and execute a 24/7/365 full-court press for full taxonomical classification.

And if it doesn't confirm any of them as real then science is wrong, wrong, WRONG! Right?

You know this article of Why Don't People See The Yeti Anymore? could it be that people who live there do not want there lives to change with reporting yeti.

If you have some thing good and positive why change that way of life. Money has a way of changing people and to use Yeti as a tool I believe would be, well not sacred.

I have never been there so I have no idea of the people . 

Perhaps the Bhutanese are just like everyone else in the rest of the world -- they experience the Yeti (along with other entities of their particular cosmology) just as we, collectively, in the West experience those in ours i.e. sea serpents, lake monsters, ghosts, UFOs, Chupacabras, and a whole host of other mystical experiences (exorcisms, ESP, etc). The human experience of such things may well be subjectively real but the objective evidence just doesn't support it...

• Upvote 1

They are an indigenous population that has lived in harmony with their environment for thousands of years, like our own Native Americans.  It is a Western conceit to simply sweep aside those things that they claim to be fact.

• Upvote 1

They are an indigenous population that has lived in harmony with their environment for thousands of years, like our own Native Americans.  It is a Western conceit to simply sweep aside those things that they claim to be fact.

Factual claims without supporting objective evidence are just stories. There is no cultural incumbency to accept one unsupported belief over another. I am sure there are many things that a Westerner could claim as fact that an Eastern person would not believe--even with supporting evidence. 

Native American mythology (much like Western Civ) is rife with fantastic creatures. Why should bigfoot (given the complete absence of any proof of existence) be treated any differently? 

• Upvote 1

Ok, show up at a Native American conclave and tell them what you think of them.

Regarding their belief in Bigfoot, that is.

That is not an answer to my question. 

Guest Crowlogic

In nepal the yeti is seen as a diety and is depicted in the Mani Rimdu festival seen here.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X99YhoTctWk

Operative word is spiritual  Unless I am mistaken the FNP regarded bigfoot as a spiritual entity.  The question needs to be asked whether it was Western Man's invasion of North America that turned the spirit guardian of the FNP into a monster.  The FNP didn't regard the wilderness as mysterious or even as wilderness.  It takes a certain amount of pavement and hard soled shoes to become fearful of what might be lurking beyond the village lights.

In nepal the yeti is seen as a diety and is depicted in the Mani Rimdu festival seen here.https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=X99YhoTctWk

Operative word is spiritual  Unless I am mistaken the FNP regarded bigfoot as a spiritual entity.  The question needs to be asked whether it was Western Man's invasion of North America that turned the spirit guardian of the FNP into a monster.  The FNP didn't regard the wilderness as mysterious or even as wilderness.  It takes a certain amount of pavement and hard soled shoes to become fearful of what might be lurking beyond the village lights.

Thats not true at all.

For one they see it as both spiritual and flesh and blood. And for two there was a good many places Indians were afraid to go.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z6BEq91N1Zg

Jim's song talks about people dissapearing along the Columbia river. As well as being a good steward to the land otherwise you may suffer the stick indians wrath.

Salish's term stick indian equals bigfoot.