Where Have All The Giants Gone?

Guest Crowlogic

Yeah, most garden variety primates have glowing eyes, cloaking ability, stand 12 feet high or more, have an almost magical ability to defy cameras and never poop or shed any identifiable DNA.  

Edited by dmaker
  • Upvote 1

"The unbridgeable chasm between your view of the world, and mine, is that my knowledge and experience allow for the classification of BF as something very mundane in the context of human experience and biology. Yours (and several others' around here)  allows you to see it as something exotic to the point of being an unacceptable hypothesis." WSA

Who is calling bigfoot an unacceptable hypothesis? It is unproven without physical evidence, except, of course, to you and others here. But that does not make the hypothesis itself as unacceptable. Any hypothesis is acceptable. Proving it is a different matter.

Edited by dmaker
  • Upvote 1

Yet another "Exists/Does Not" exercise?

Well said... I  thought that argument had it's own thread somewhere.

Yeah, most garden variety primates have glowing eyes, cloaking ability, stand 12 feet high or more, have an almost magical ability to defy cameras and never poop or shed any identifiable DNA.

Have you not read this thread?

Only 3 or 4 of those primates stand 12 feet high or more. MOST of them are shorter than than.

WSA - Wrong, wrong, wrong! I won't speak for everyone but I don't have any philosophical problem with the possibility that 8,10,12 or even 20' giant bipedal apes are running around. The natural world has many simple yet elegant solutions to problems involving blood distribution that allow for such possibilities. My problem with stories from groups like NAWAC is that I can't actually study the solution like I can with a giraffe, whale or even extinct sauropod.  People can tell me about a giraffe, whale and even sauropods but I don't have to wait on their stories. I can see these animals in the wild, in captivity, in museums and textbooks. We can study their behaviors, capture it on video to share with others and collect samples - blood, scat, hair/feathers and skin cells to monitor and study their biology even though some study samples are thousands and even millions of years old. We can even find a specimen for dissection and study when one dies or washes up on the beach if we don't want to collect yet another one. It involves mostly mundane work but it happens everyday. NAWAC can't do this, WHY? What mundane explanation is there for the fact that every purported Sassy encounter has failed to produce biological evidence of Sassy? 

Are you intellectually honest enough to stop addressing your imaginary problem with skeptics and address the actual lack of Sassy? Do you have the courage to face the actual problem?

• Upvote 2

I can't help what the naive think.  Really can't.

Some people will just believe *anything* *anyone* tells them.

"Some people will just believe *anything* *anyone* tells them." DWA

Got nothing to do with belief. This comes from the evidence. There are reports with this type of behaviour. Not my fault, I am just going by what is in those reports you love so much. 

And, btw, that level of irony in your statement had to be intentional. 

• Upvote 2

Somebodies are telling me something somebodies didn't know I already knew:  Somebodies still don't know how to think about stuff like a scientist.

See:  what somebodies guess...scientists KNOW.  This is between blindness and vision...and I ain't the one bumping into every wall here.

Edited by DWA

Guest OntarioSquatch

Glowing eyes - the result of a highly reflective tapetum lucidum

Cloaking ability - there's not enough data to suggest that this is happening

Stand 12 feet high or more - same as above

Have an almost magical ability to defy cameras - Wild animals tend to be aware of trail cameras. With Sasquatch, the question isn't how they avoid trail cameras, but why. The answer likely has more to do with psychology than physical ability.

Never poop or shed any identifiable DNA - Scat just isn't ideal when it comes to Sasquatch. If you find human-looking scat in a forest, chances you're not going to pay to get it DNA tested. 

When there are no accepted field markers of a species, the illusion - swallowed whole by those who don't understand animals and ecosystems - is that there's no evidence.

There is copious forensic evidence for sasquatch.  That is what the footprints are; the most delusional position scoftics hold about sasquatch is that it's reasonable to believe these footprints don't point to an unrecognized species.  (Not The Great North American Hoaxer.  No greater fantasy has ever been spun than that critter.)

Footprints > why go into the middle of the forest of nowhere to hoax a footprint hoping that some one will run into it. How about tracking a creature that you are on it's tale while it is leaving prints in haste trying to evade. Yes, these do boggle one's mind when you are out in the field looking for a creature that is not suppose to exist.

Just the mere fact that it is a bare foot print that bares resemblance of that of a flat footed human is mind boggling. Especially when these prints are 14" and above. But then we do have a lot of hoaxers with GPS marking where they have left there mark of a hoax don't we? or is it that there is a real creature leaving these prints.

Do not these hoaxers get tired of leaving fake prints every where in the us or is there a motive behind this action by them? either way hoaxers cannot be every where  and to think this is being naïve. Naïve that hoaxers are in cahoots with each other to fake prints in order to achieve a goal. A goal to fool others by making them and all of us believe that they do not exist. Yet no one comes forward with their elaborate hoax to achieve their goal. What ever goal that may be. Yea ! I invite the debate to be proven wrong .

OS -

Glowing eyes - the result of a highly reflective tapetum lucidum

Certainly possible but only anecdotal with no way to verify until we have a sample to actually examine.

Cloaking ability - there's not enough data to suggest that this is happening

Not enough data to suggest it's happening and absolutely no reason to suspect that an 8'-12', 300-1200 lb "apex predator" would need such an adaptation, no idea how it could possibly work or even more telling - why such a talent wouldn't be employed to prevent sightings by Sassy with "an almost magic ability to defy cameras"? 

Stand 12 feet high or more - same as above

Certainly possible but only anecdotal with no way to verify until we have a sample to actually examine.

Have an almost magical ability to defy cameras - Wild animals tend to be aware of trail cameras. With Sasquatch, the question isn't how they avoid trail cameras, but why. The answer likely has more to do with psychology than physical ability.

Certainly possible but exceedingly improbable due to many reports of encounters where folks had cameras, cell phones, binoculars, gun and scopes or were around structures with lighting and numerous other modern technology that would be impossible to distinguish from today's tiny and increasingly present cameras. It exemplifies the reasoning behind discounting the importance and even validity of anecdotal encounter reports. Should we believe habber reports that hyper-aware Sassy avoid cameras and guns or reports from hunters with guns and others who are carrying or around some sort of technology? The answer is to focus on actual evidence, not stories, but so far no biological evidence has ever been collected that can be attributed to Sassy.

Never poop or shed any identifiable DNA - Scat just isn't ideal when it comes to Sasquatch. If you find human-looking scat in a forest, chances you're not going to pay to get it DNA tested. 

Do we really need to consider the possibility that Sassy never eliminates waste or sheds DNA? How much human scat are you comparing to scat supposedly coming from a giant ape who is purported to subsist on raw venison? All I can say is that in all known tests conducted to date there has been no biological evidence found that can be attributed to Sassy. 

Edited by ohiobill

ShadowBorn - The only thing I find mind-boggling about your objection is why someone like yourself who claims repeated close contact with telepathic Sassy hasn't provided evidence of some sort already?