Has Bigfoot Science Stalled?

georgerm

And what does this have to do with science being stalled? As far as I am concerned there was no proper hanpling of the samples so of course they are going to cry foul. Again with the protocol of the proper handling of the samples should be instructed so that comtamination can be iliminated  from the samples. It is obvous that this was not followed for if it was, the panel of peer review or what ever the heck that it has to pass through would have passed and we would have seen a new creature entered in the gen bank.

But as far as DNA goes it is made up of a pure chemical reaction bonded by sugar at the bottam of the strands where it meets and forms there and is sequence there. If it is contradictory with evolutionary biology it is going to be how the strands in the DNA are joined together and if they are mismatched which in our reality is imposible. Then some thing took place on a evolutionary scale that we cannot explain, How can you have two mismatch strands of DNA  joined together? You cannot,unless it was modified. Now does that sound scary or what modified DNA some 10 million years ago living in the present. Yes, that is some thing to shut down people from talking. Conspiracy I do not know, maybe  but it is some thing to think about. When that first body come on the slab we will all know that is if the establishment wants us to know? Science stalled. Stop hurting your selves trying to out think this ,go out there and see if you can retrieve a body and then tell me if they need protection. It is just that simple, if they are animal and apes they should not be that hard to conquer, right ! We should not be having these conversations and instead be looking at a body on a slab. That simple, Science stalled cause it already has the answers. :)

Todd Disotell reviewed the paper.....and stated that the study was not worth the paper it was printed on.

No scientific break down here.

Its just that some people dont like the F the paper received, so that must mean conspiracy.

Before she published, I had mixed feelings about her, but kept an open mind.

Yes, I hoped she could & would verify Bigfoot.

Then shenanigans started, it got to be a bit of Carnival. Credibility dropped.

In the end, the things she published, things she claimed, wouldn't/shouldn't

fool a high school drop out.

To me, the Skeptics could well love Ketchum as one who gives the media even

more reason to make fun of Bigfoot.

Her fans: Clinging, pretending she has a shred of credibility. Appalling! 

It was a perfectly brazen hoax.  A Texan-sized hoax. 

Chewbacca does NOT look like BigFoot!!

I am amused and dismayed at the pundits that think they're somehow experts but have yet to experience the Whiskey Tango Foxtrot moment of a close encounter.

Melba was onto something but (IMO) the almighty dollar reared it's head especially when others involved began to write themselves into the Foundation at high five figure salaries, etc. and that's when I basically said AMF as the purity of the endeavor was contaminated with human greed.

Same goes for anyone thinking they're on some noble quest to bring in a slab monkey for altruistic (aka: scientific) purposes. They're lying to the most important person of all...themselves.

• Upvote 2

No, there was no denial just rejection based on what she is claiming is impossible, as well as her data doesnt even support what she is claiming. She is a quack.

I really really cannot believe you guys are still holding on to this. We were duped let it go! I remained optimistic for a long time too, but those days are long gone.

She still has Matilda on the front page of her website. Bill Munns debunked it as a Star Wars Chewbacca mask!!! At least Todd Standings hoaxes were original!

I sense and understand your frustration.

Your frustration with this part of the sasquatch story is how I feel about just about all of it. WILD speculation,special pleading, appeals to authority,strawman arguments, arguments from ignorance, moving goalposts, portals,mindspeak,etc....  AAARRGGHhhhh.....

Show me (metaphorically) some real, tangible science/evidence...PLEASE

Edited by Bodhi

I dont know how the test will be sent in.

But do you agree or disagree that Ketchum's paper is dead on arrival?

I think her study could have gone differently for sure, especially if she hadn't needed nuclear DNA to start with.

Better study of the hair morphology could have eliminated bear samples up front.

I sure thought that a mixture of genomes would assemble themselves separately in next generation technology, but apparently that's not the case.

She took in hundreds of samples from across this community, but absolutely no nonhuman ape DNA arose from it in the mitochondrial, maternal lineages.

That's what should concern you, that all those serious enough to look for samples, has already failed to find your patty.

The nuclear DNA persuit started at the Y chromosome and had many failures, with some potentially attributed to drastic differences in the genome leading to failure of the primers. That's why the whole nuclear genomes were done and the scant availability of viable samples containing nuDna forced poor choices in sample selection.

I am amused and dismayed at the pundits that think they're somehow experts but have yet to experience the Whiskey Tango Foxtrot moment of a close encounter.

Melba was onto something but (IMO) the almighty dollar reared it's head especially when others involved began to write themselves into the Foundation at high five figure salaries, etc. and that's when I basically said AMF as the purity of the endeavor was contaminated with human greed.

Same goes for anyone thinking they're on some noble quest to bring in a slab monkey for altruistic (aka: scientific) purposes. They're lying to the most important person of all...themselves.

This is pointed at me obviously, but unfortunately it makes no sense.

You can make fun of me for not having a physical encounter and you can think Im a greedy evil person for shooting one if I ever do have an encounter. Your entitled to your opinion, so be it.

But unfortunately for you and I and every other proponent? Ketchum's failure had nothing to do with human greed and everything to do with human incompetence. And it doesnt help her cause that on top of her incompetence she seems to be involved in some way in the matilda hoax. And she is also now a proponent in Dogmen and Alien Hybrids (south american skull enlongations).

Its not science that she is doing, it must be either fame recognition that drives her as DNA studies on farm animals must have become tedious and boring OR she has always held a fascination for fringe science and has now decided to indulge her self completely......

I just want the truth.

I think her study could have gone differently for sure, especially if she hadn't needed nuclear DNA to start with.

Better study of the hair morphology could have eliminated bear samples up front.

I sure thought that a mixture of genomes would assemble themselves separately in next generation technology, but apparently that's not the case.

She took in hundreds of samples from across this community, but absolutely no nonhuman ape DNA arose from it in the mitochondrial, maternal lineages.

That's what should concern you, that all those serious enough to look for samples, has already failed to find your patty.

The nuclear DNA persuit started at the Y chromosome and had many failures, with some potentially attributed to drastic differences in the genome leading to failure of the primers. That's why the whole nuclear genomes were done and the scant availability of viable samples containing nuDna forced poor choices in sample selection.

Its drastically different because its human contaminated Bear hair, Raccoon hair, whatever. What she is proposing is impossible within evolution. And either its over her pay grade to understand or she is ignoring it to become famous. Hoping that she could float the boat in the lime light for as long as possible.

Think on this, if her crummy paper was trying to classify a new species of tree frog? None of us would have ever heard of her.

BFF Patron

The quest through DNA really bothers me from what I am seeing. Too many researchers do not seem to know much about it and should they get their hands on a good sample, I worry they will contaminate it. Ketchums and Sykes samples were mostly contaminated in collection, transportation and storage. I see videos different known researchers put out showing DNA collection of suspect samples and rarely do you see someone that seems to know what they are doing. One classic one is Matthew Johnson blowing on metal bowl looking for fingerprints, then swapping it for DNA after he had blown on it. Yikes! For heavens sake, look at the pictures we have of people working in DNA labs, and see how they are dressed to protect the samples. They wear head gear, gloves, masks, sterile clothing etc. Everything at all stages of testing is sterile. All of that is to try to avoid contamination. While all that cannot be done in the field, it should be attempted if you find a chunk of BF someplace. They injure themselves and bleed. How many of us carry sterile collection containers in our packs? Have tweezers that are sterile? Mask to prevent breathing on your sample? You need that stuff before you find the sample not afterwards. Just a suggestion for those that do field work.

I'm getting a kit.

I'm still packing a rifle but its silly not to have as many fishing poles in the water as possible. And if I can prove this species exists through DNA as opposed to shooting one all the better.

I am amused and dismayed at the pundits that think they're somehow experts but have yet to experience the Whiskey Tango Foxtrot moment of a close encounter.

Same goes for anyone thinking they're on some noble quest to bring in a slab monkey for altruistic (aka: scientific) purposes. They're lying to the most important person of all...themselves.

This is pointed at me obviously, but unfortunately it makes no sense.

You can make fun of me for not having a physical encounter and you can think Im a greedy evil person for shooting one if I ever do have an encounter. Your entitled to your opinion, so be it.

But unfortunately for you and I and every other proponent? Ketchum's failure had nothing to do with human greed and everything to do with human incompetence. And it doesnt help her cause that on top of her incompetence she seems to be involved in some way in the matilda hoax. And she is also now a proponent in Dogmen and Alien Hybrids (south american skull enlongations).

Its not science that she is doing, it must be either fame recognition that drives her as DNA studies on farm animals must have become tedious and boring OR she has always held a fascination for fringe science and has now decided to indulge her self completely......

I just want the truth.

Its drastically different because its human contaminated Bear hair, Raccoon hair, whatever. What she is proposing is impossible within evolution. And either its over her pay grade to understand or she is ignoring it to become famous. Hoping that she could float the boat in the lime light for as long as possible.

Think on this, if her crummy paper was trying to classify a new species of tree frog? None of us would have ever heard of her.

Chimps are 98% human genetically, so the DNA , if from a bigfoot will be closer than that with all their human like physical form. Ketchum could be easily right, without the proof. Not that bigfoot is a man bear, but that they are a wildman, as she proposed they are.

Ain't it funny how easily you forget that?

• Upvote 2

There is another way to identify a new species using DNA , and this is called DNA barcoding. It can be explained here in this article and I seem to understand it and seems to make it easier to identify a new species. Here is the article: http://www.barcodeoflife.org/content/about/what-dna-barcoding It explains what it is and it is simple for identification of cryptic creatures. DNA is the key component to identifying this creature and if you graze it or even get a good body shot where blood is found. Well DNA will be found and as long as who ever touches the sample should have their DNA sample matched with the sample of DNA collected. This way that there can be no doubt of the sample collected for science. Proper protocol for all samples that needs to be followed to the -T-. Proper chain of custody needs to be followed and logged and tagged so that if it turns out to be the real deal ,there can not be no mistakes.

If Mrs. Melba did this over fame then it would have showed by now , instead it all went down hill due to simple things and procedures. But what if her work did turn out to be in the real stage and instead of us mocking what she did we were all now talking about the real deal. Then what? I know of the real deal cause I have seen them and I cannot explain them away. But for those who have not seen them and have to take our word , well it is not so easy.  Sure ,it is not easy when you have people talking about portals, mind speak, and even cloaking. Yet, I have experience this so call mind speak stuff and have a hard time excepting it. But for those who have not it sounds crazy and this is not science. After all how is science going to explain these characteristic of a creature that is not suppose to exist, but defies nature. So I understand the skeptics view point since I was once on that side of the fence. So if science has stalled due to this factor then science has lost its venture to explore. But I am still under the belief that science already have the answers that we are looking for and it is keeping it from us. This is just my hypothetical opinion.

These creatures do not need our protection since no one has been able to shoot one , So I say good luck with that project. It is time to re-think how every one does their research since they are all getting out smarted by an ape. A big hairy ape that walks on two legs with abilities that some people are just now starting to except.( Now you know I am not talking about an ape ,Right !) But a creature that should not exist but does.

Chimps are 98% human genetically, so the DNA , if from a bigfoot will be closer than that with all their human like physical form. Ketchum could be easily right, without the proof. Not that bigfoot is a man bear, but that they are a wildman, as she proposed they are.

Ain't it funny how easily you forget that?

Chimps are 98% human genetically and bigfoots might be 99% so we should be able to detect this difference. Why can't we?

If bigfoot is 99.9% human maybe we are not advanced enough to detect this .1% difference between humans and bigfoots. Are we? I suppose we may need to wait until genetical biology catches up with our DNA quest? Do we or can we keep up the DNA quest to get the answer?

It makes no sense that bigfoots are really human since bigfoot has numerous features that are different from humans.  These difference should be obvious when looking at DNA and gene functions.

ShadowBorn, I will read about the barcoding later .................. got to run.....................

BFF Patron

BF have to get injured by tree falls, lightning, or fighting, and bleed or loose fingers and toes living bare footed in the environment they live in. So a DNA sample could be available most any time. Pro kill people especially should be ready to collect blood or tissue samples should they shoot one that gets away but is bleeding out. I wonder if the active hunter groups are doing that? Anyone know?

• masterbarber locked and unpinned this topic