Winter - Where Do They Go

Bohdi, i know for a fact he thinks they reside in the rockies, how far down im not positive. But his buddy Myoncinski lives in southern Wyoming.

Hey Norse,

The interview is on the Darkness Radio program, 01.27.16. Hour 2 around the 27 minute mark. He does say that he thinks they are in the intermountain west too, not just the PNW. It's a good interview in general, well worth a listen!

Pranayama: yoga warming exercise & breathing.

Some animals live in permanent winter: polar bears, walruses, penquins.
Personally, I can't believe they do it, eventho I've seen a lotta pictures of it.

Is it a combination of proper fur, blubber, insulating skin, & a super internal heater?

(How do I know that polar bears and penguins are real? Yeah. ... They're prob'ly just CGI. :) )

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

Bohdi, i know for a fact he thinks they reside in the rockies, how far down im not positive. But his buddy Myoncinski lives in southern Wyoming.

Hey Norse,

The interview is on the Darkness Radio program, 01.27.16. Hour 2 around the 27 minute mark. He does say that he thinks they are in the intermountain west too, not just the PNW. It's a good interview in general, well worth a listen!

Some evidence for inter mountain west I would agree.

Anyone else think the "multi-quote" feature is getting abused in some of these recent posts? It's tough to read what amounts to a whole page worth of quotes in every post. Just sayin'...

Just look at the answer. The rest is all context.

Pranayama: yoga warming exercise & breathing.

Some animals live in permanent winter: polar bears, walruses, penquins.

Personally, I can't believe they do it, eventho I've seen a lotta pictures of it.

Is it a combination of proper fur, blubber, insulating skin, & a super internal heater?

(How do I know that polar bears and penguins are real? Yeah. ... They're prob'ly just CGI. :) )

Are you suggesting that BF practices yoga???  And yes, I get that you are not actually suggesting that as a theory......or are you...???

As far as how do YOU know polar bears and penguins exist....I'd suggest a trip to a zoo or the hundreds and most likely thousands of HD videos, if all else fails you could refer back to the DNA evidence.

Twist, 

More like ... if there is a way for animals/people to breathe that also increases the 

body's heat production ... chances are that those who survived in very cold climates

naturally breathed in a way that enhanced the body's warmth ... if, in fact, breathing 

can do that for us.  It woulda been a "survival of the heating breath" individuals. 

My reason for mentioning polar bears, walruses & penguins is ... they are incredibly 

well adapted to the cold.  Probably Bigfoot is, too, else he'd learn to wear clothes. 

In the maritime PNW, which extends from SE Alaska to northern California, most of the winters are mild enough that if you get below 2000' elevation you can get out of the snow the majority of the time. Elk do so all the time. They move up and down with the snow levels. This movement would also provide an available food source, protein rich, for winter survival. The snow cover in the lower elevation forested areas is not continuous and in many places can be avoided if you stay in the trees. Which almost eliminates ariel sightings. As SWWSP has stated, getting into the higher elevations during this time of year is definitely problematic because the distances are just too great to cover for any day hike type access.

I would definitely like to see some of those trackways across some of the big meadow areas.

SSR Team

I listened to an interview with meldrum on some sasquatch podcast/youtube thing (I recall off hand) recently. What really stuck with me was that meldrum stated his opinion that sasquatch live in the PNW area almost exlusively and that claims of sightings in tx, ohio, florida, etc are not sasquatches.

So migration into colorado according to meldrum is unlikely.

It's an interesting interview although meldrum is sort of monotone throughout.

I wouldn't put too much weight on Meldrum either where his thoughts are on x or y other than where his expertise lay personally, especially as i've seen one in Florida and i highly doubt they came up from the Keys or Caribbean.

• Upvote 1

SSR Team

BobbyO -

Just curious .. have you spent time in Colorado Springs?   My daughter went to college there and she dragged me around the local trails when I'd visit.  (I think she was trying to kill me 6000-8000 feet vs 2000 is a bit of a shock.)   What you're saying makes sense.   The canyons, and especially micro side canyons, above Manitou Springs and on the slopes above the highway heading towards Woodland Park are deep yet small so they should provide pretty fair shelter from wind.   It would put "them" relatively close to wintering areas for game animals.   The cold is different there than the Pacific Coast .. maybe drier?   I could walk around in a tee shirt at 10 degrees F in C. Springs.   At 40 here I switch from light to heavy parka.    While many of those slopes and canyons have trails, many ice up and don't see much traffic in winter.  

I don't know if your idea is truly right or wrong but it is certainly reasonable and logical.

MIB

I haven't MIB but Colorado, if not Colorado Springs specifically, is very much on the list and i need to spend more time there other than just passing through on the California Zephyr like i done before.

Here's some numbers on what i found, a quick knock up.

There's a key 5 year spell where sightings were high in both areas, between 1997-2002.

This spell coincided with Colorado Springs becoming one of the fastest growing Cities in the US.

80% of all Reports within a 40 mile radius of Colorado Springs (20/25 reports) were prior to 2002, with 65% of those coming within that 1997-2002 time period.

The drop off confused me as we went from a steady number of reports from the 70's and 80's in the area, to a boom in the late 90's and very early 00's with over 2 reports per year, then only 5 reports in a 14 year period.

So i started to look for other cluster areas in and around Colorado and found an area that i noticed had reports in, and a lot of them since 1997.

The area doesn't have a name per se but is in the general vicinity of Leadville.

I started looking at what the area had and tried to get an understanding of it (just as i was curious about this, nothing more, no expertise etc) and came across a hunting website that sold migration routes of ungulates in a Google Earth Layer when a button kind of switched.

So i purchased the layers, added them on to Google Earth and the layers virtually overlapped this new area perfectly.

Numbers from the new area were close to a complete role reversal of Colorado Springs with the same spike in activity in that 5 year period of between 1997-2002.

77% of all Reports within a 40 mile radius of the new area (20/26 reports) were from 1997 to today, with 70% of those coming within that 1997-2002 time period.

It's interesting if not conclusive, but another little tidbit that i like is that there is a four report trail in a year period between late 1999 to late 2000 that travels from the Colorado Springs area then along and hugging the South Platte River, that heads west with every report almost directly to the Leadville area.

We're left with a tonne of surmising where this is concerned as usual IMO, but at least it's something that people could actually get their teeth in to.

It appears to me that there was something up in that 5 year period from 1997-2002, what that was we obviously don't know but to have the amount of reports in that period in both areas that we had, would lead me to allow for the possibility that animals were being displaced.

When animals move they invariably get seen/heard and leave sign/tracks.

I'm not saying that's for definite in this case but the numbers are what they are and there would be, at least in this case with the spikes, a reason behind the numbers being what they are here and that's a good a reason as any i've personally thought of so far.

• Upvote 2

Hello BobbyO,

Not saying this is the cause but so far it's what my research has turned up:

https://www.firescience.gov/projects/briefs/03-2-2-01_FSBrief11.pdf

"Between 1997 and 2002 extensive areas of subalpine
forests in northwestern Colorado were affected by an
extensive blowdown of trees, bark beetle outbreaks (spruce
beetle and mountain pine beetle) and subsequent salvage
logging
."

• Upvote 1

SSR Team

Well that's extremely interesting, I've saved it to my iPad for the next flight I take, thanks H.

Uncanny time frames huh ?

SSR Team

Edit : The areas in question with what I found weren't North West Colorado though. I haven't read all of the document so aren't sure whether the issues with beetles and fires were restricted just to North West Colorado or not though. Still, an interesting coincidence possibly, or not as the case may be.

I listened to an interview with meldrum on some sasquatch podcast/youtube thing (I recall off hand) recently. What really stuck with me was that meldrum stated his opinion that sasquatch live in the PNW area almost exlusively and that claims of sightings in tx, ohio, florida, etc are not sasquatches.

So migration into colorado according to meldrum is unlikely.

It's an interesting interview although meldrum is sort of monotone throughout.

I wouldn't put too much weight on Meldrum either where his thoughts are on x or y other than where his expertise lay personally, especially as i've seen one in Florida and i highly doubt they came up from the Keys or Caribbean.

I really don't put much weight on anything meldrum says, he's tainted for me after the number of questionable things he's signed onto. Falcon,standing's muppets and the rest. But his interview was (sorta') fresh in my mind (obviously not perfectly thought).

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

I wonder if a large influx of city dwellers that did not have any experience with large animal identification may have been a contributing factor, as well.

SSR Team

It could do, but i very much doubt it personally.

It most certainly wouldn't be a feasible reasoning for the hike in reports in the other area either.

Must admit, I've still never met a person that if you showed them a cow, they dont' acknowledge it as a cow, and a bear a bear too.

Believe it or not, I do test that at times.;)

Edited by BobbyO