Utah Sasquatch Research

Explorer

BFF Patron

He is heading down the wrong path.     He already has enough money to do what he really wants to do.    FLIR will get him nowhere.    We have seen the problem with FLIR resolution and for the most part you cannot tell a BF from a human at night on FLIR.    Skeptics will always argue correctly that the image could be human.    The best FLIR available has a fraction of the resolution that an optical normal camera has.   Since he is having daylight encounters he needs to buy a good zoom camera that can take both stills and video.   You can get that for less than $300    He is using a cell phone camera that will not focus properly or zoom.     With the money he has he can get a good audio recorder, a good optical camera, and do what he needs with the money he has.     Also his foot stomping comment could just be them moving around rather that trying to scare him off.      They move to avoid being seen and the footsteps of an adult moving quickly is quite a thump.       That said he seems genuine but really needs help figuring out what gear he really needs.    If anyone knows him personally have him get in touch with me.    I would like to meet him and would consider being a significant benefactor with strings attached but I would have to meet him to vet him.         His field situation has a lot of possibility but I hope that he does not head down the wrong path.    Introducing too much gear too soon could cause him to lose contact with the BF group.    They could get tired of being messed with and move away or really get nasty with him.    I am surprised he has not been zapped already since he is pressing his contact with them in their area.    If he cannot afford an optical camera I doubt that he carries a weapon either.    

Edited by SWWASASQUATCHPROJECT

SWW~Yeah! You tell him! And the trouble with those not in it for money or fame is that they have little need for publicity, so we, the public at large, aren't kept informed of any progress, if not unaware of their doings entirely.....

BFF Patron

^^^^Well some of us think the purpose of the forum is to keep people informed of our progress.    Those that have commercial interests have their own websites and don't need the forum.      Skeptics look on researchers as punching bags when we post evidence supporting the existence of BF.    There are a number of researchers that have just given up posting here because of that.   Flying cows comes to mind.   

• Upvote 2

This guy has taken down all his videos except one. He had a couple of dozen or so of them. Why would he do this? I wonder what is going on...

People figured out his location and were publicizing it and starting to intrude at that location. Utah Sasquatch said he was worried for the safety of the BF, and that's why he took down the video(s). He says he will edit the video(s) to remove the information that identifies the location and then re-post.

I knew that would happen eventually. The old, closed highway was a dead giveaway for some people I'm sure. Can you point me where people think they have identified the area? Is this being discussed somewhere? I would like to know where it is.

Edited by TD-40

Nothing personal, but if I knew, I couldn't tell you (and whoever else might read this post). Like Utah Sasquatch, I, too, am concerned about the safety and peace of mind of the BF in that area.

Fortunately, I have no idea where the location of this particular group of BF is being discussed. :)

• Upvote 1

My view is that people love to share their discoveries...until they realize that THEIR discovery is also someone else's, and that these people love to do it to. Simple exponential progression. Add the internet and your hope of ever keeping your little cool corner of the world private is a forlorn one. I'm guessing it is far too late to put that jinn back in the bottle.  

• Upvote 1

This is the statement that Nathan Reo posted on YouTube after he made the "Monument Wallow" video private (2 days ago) but before pulling all other videos out yesterday.

"Just so everyone knows, I made "Monument Wallow" private. Today I found out that people have been figuring out where the location is and going up there. And not only that, but they are sharing the location online. This kind of ticks me off. But it also makes me nervous for the Sasquatch that are there. Their habitat will be flooded with crazy Bigfoot hunters, and who knows, someone may try to shoot at them. So I decided I need to edit out a few parts that give the location away. I will re-release it soon."

I agree with TD-40, it does not take a rocket scientist to figure out where the location was based on the several road views and housing views that he posted in several videos.

It is human nature.  If you tell folks in Utah or nearby states that BF is hanging around x location, then they will want to go and check it out.

Sometimes being fully transparent and honest is counter-productive.

I am saddened that this happened because his solo/non-aggressive/simple techniques/methods were apparently getting results. 

WSA,

I also agree that the jinn is out of the bottle and it will be hard and/or too late to put it back in.

Some folks out there already know the location and it is not clear if social media can contain that wildfire.

Editing the videos, might prevent future lookers but it might be too late if folks are already visiting the site.

I guess this is a teaching moment for all future YoutTubers out there.

My view is that people love to share their discoveries...until they realize that THEIR discovery is also someone else's, and that these people love to do it to. Simple exponential progression. Add the internet and your hope of ever keeping your little cool corner of the world private is a forlorn one. I'm guessing it is far too late to put that jinn back in the bottle.  

"..do it too."   Sorry. I hate glaring typos like this.

I'm not worried for the sasquatches In Utah Sasquatch's "research area" because I strongly suspect there aren't any.

Or at least from my perspective, there isn't anything in his videos demonstrating this to a degree of certainly worth talking about.

Aether-drift, he's definitely had sasquatch activity and found some great tracks in the past.

Most researchers want to keep their area private and don't like others stomping around in their area.  

• Upvote 1