If Bigfoot Were Real.

Incorrigible1

You know if you dug in and helped the community research and solve the problem in the field instead of just beating up on them all the time the subject may progress faster and more to your own satisfaction. You'd waste less time and get better results as an ally in getting to the concrete bottom of things than jumping onto threads and calling members wrong all the time. Sometimes you get more bees with honey.

But if you only care about the debate and the smugness in that no one can prove you wrong then it will continue to be a sad state of affairs for both sides. Where's the enjoyment in that?

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 4

^ for many its not about the bees , but they do live for the sting.

====

but back to the op, i'll have to take a look at the link, thanks Inc.

Thanks for sharing the link. I am for the most part in agreement with the author. I  too wish Bigfoot were real and documented.

The author is a bit on the uninformed side and makes a false statement, or two, and probably doesn't even realize it. Aside the confirmation bias, it's a decent read.

And exactly what is uninformed about the author's position? There is nothing unreasonable about the author's position. In short the author comes to the simple and conclusion that the evidence is suitable lacking and suitable poor to dismiss bigfoot as real. Below are the cornerstones of his position. By all means counter argue the authors claims with evidence saying otherwise.

Bigfoot tracks would be more ‘biological’, Bigfoot tracks would be easy to find by people who know what they’re doing., There would be Bigfoot DNA all over the place., Biologically consistent, homogeneous vocalizations would be documented across North America.,

You haven't proven my statement is wrong. Start there. Otherwise, you have your opinion and I have mine. Edited by WesT

Admin

I have never layed my eyes on a Bigfoot, but what myself and gigantor experienced, could have been nothing But, a Bigfoot.  I have tried to dismiss it, but, I heard what I heard, very distinctly and very clearly. Loud, measured, and Smooth Foot Falls, in soaking wet conditions. You could hear the water in the ground make a Squishing sound with every footfall. One step for every two we took.  Followed for over a Mile out of a Canyon, and it stopped when we stopped, and started again along with us. Whatever it was, was Huge, I mean Very Heavy. My mind is still open for explanations as to what it may have been, but my deduction points to Bigfoot. 

I have never layed my eyes on a Bigfoot, but what myself and gigantor experienced, could have been nothing But, a Bigfoot.  I have tried to dismiss it, but, I heard what I heard, very distinctly and very clearly. Loud, measured, and Smooth Foot Falls, in soaking wet conditions. You could hear the water in the ground make a Squishing sound with every footfall. One step for every two we took.  Followed for over a Mile out of a Canyon, and it stopped when we stopped, and started again along with us. Whatever it was, was Huge, I mean Very Heavy. My mind is still open for explanations as to what it may have been, but my deduction points to Bigfoot. 

azure_7fc764d040ae3bfddea482815b51d50f.g

Hey WV FOOTER, it's far more likely you were:

a. mistaken

b. stressed

c. mentally primed to have an out of ordinary experience morph into Bigfoot

d. pulling our legs

• Upvote 1

Those items you listed may be "far more likely" but doesn't mean definite. If I were you I'd pick one and use the word "definitely". Otherwise what WVFooter said stands.He was there and he wasn't the only one. Your list would have to apply to both during the entire mile they walked out. These are seasoned woods guys who have showed images their cameras have captured of large Black Bears in one would think that they would know the difference in the sounds they described.

It's all about the SOUNDS they described after all. That's physical/audible- not mental. Even if it was a bear stopping when they stopped is highly unlikely. Think about that for a moment. Now I don't expect you to know these guys after only 41 posts (welcome to the Forum BTW!) but most of us here do. They don't pull legs.

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

^^ Thought the Warning graphic would be enough of a hint as I also thought everyone would remember what was stated in post #15 on this thread.

You're right hiflier, I don't know either WV Footer or gigantor but I've read through enough of their posts to know that as you said, "They don't pull legs."

And thanks for the welcome, been a member for a while but just never posted much and was relegated to the Readers group recently due to being inactive for a little while.

Edited by MichaelX
  • Upvote 1

A lot of us who have been in the field have had this type of a encounter, where we have had some thing heavy follow us back. Bears just do not do this with out huffing or just leaving the scene. I mean you know when it is a bear or any other type of animal and people that know the woods know this. Sure we can conclude that foot prints do not mean anything since . No matter how science want to categorize those prints. The same goes with DNA, that with out a body we have nothing. But that says nothing about the people who have had contact with these creatures including myself. We cannot keep calling them liars or mistaken when they surely have seen some thing that we cannot explain.

Here we have some one who is blogging on a science blog claiming that they simply do not exist on knowledge of what he/she has read with out actual field work. He gives out names of respected professors who have actually been in the field and have seen the evidence them selves. Putting down their hard work while at the same time putting their reputation on the line for trying to find the truth. Does this sound right? If a body was to be brought in tomorrow would there be an apology forth coming? As it stands today it is just a matter of time before this happens and when it does , how will it effect us all?

Post#15 means nothing to me, What Crow says is his way to getting to the truth. He pushes people to their limits and drives them to push harder. For my self this is a good thing as long as it does not place us in a dangerous situation. All it takes is that body and once that is done this blog will be dead in it's tracks along with all who have denied their existence. :)

Hey there MichaelX, Good to see you posting then and look forward to hearing more from you :)  I do agree that there are misidentifications and some questionable interpretations that result from a certain mindset so in that you are definitely not wrong. It's those really odd occurrences that folks report that have elements a bit (or a lot) too strange for being perhaps a bear. I think you probably know this too. Sometimes things simply do not add up. I can't think of a darned thing in the WV/Maryland region that moves in the woods when people move and stops when people stop beyond another Human being. The heavy footfalls squishing the wet earth? Following them for a mile? Dunno.....   

Edited by hiflier

Unknown blob default conclusion should NOT be "bigfoot."

True , by default a unknown blob is just an unknown blob and not a "Bigfoot" Incorrigble1. But the artiicle is discounting  people with Docorates that are Professors in Universities. They have put there careers on the line in trying to prove that they exist with out trying to bring in a body. The three that he has mention I give alot of credit for what they are doing. They do go into the field and investigate and learn. That is science. They should not be discredit for all their work. No not at all. No one has an idea of what these things are cause if they did it be out by now. It's not so it is ok to deny their existance. I get it ! I guese it is back to silent mode.

But I do want to say is that, this article should fire up people to search harder. Post more encounters as well so that we can understand the behavior of this creature.

• Upvote 1

If Bigfoot were real I would feed them cookies.

You're more likely to catch a Bobo Fey doing that.

• Upvote 1