FRIDAY 9/2

Doors Open at 2:00 pm
2:00-5:00 Mingle Time
5:30-7:00 Speakers Meet and Greet in main auditorium
7:15 Showing of our feature movie ‘Something in the Woods’
Close Auditorium for the night after the movie

SATURDAY 9/3

Doors open @ 7:30 am
Footprint Casting Classes are a ‘sign up’ feature two times Saturday; get class times and your name on the roster at the IBC counter. This would be a great experience for all ages.
8:30-8:45 Dr. Jeff Meldrum; Recognition and Eulogy for John Green
8:45-9:00 Russell Acord; Welcome to the IBC and a short perspective video
9:00-9:35 Becky Cook presenting (35min)
9:45-10:30 Misty Allabaugh presenting (35min)
10:45-11:15 Kirk Brown (35min)
11:15-12:00 Shane Corson and Gunnar Monson presenting (45min)
12:00-12:45 Lunch Break (45Min)
1:00-2:00 Derek Randles presenting (50Min)
2:00-3:00 Ron Morehead presenting (50Min)
3:00-4:00 Todd and Diane Neiss presenting (50Min)
4:00-5:00 Loren Coleman presenting (50Min)
5:00-6:00 Stacey Brown presenting (50Min)
6:00-7:00 Adam Davies presenting (50Min)
7:30 Break and “Guest Open Mic” Panel and Q&A session with the Speakers

SUNDAY 9/4

Doors open @ 7:45am
Footprint Casting Class will be a ‘sign up’ feature for only one session on Sunday; get class time and your name on the roster at the IBC counter. This would be a great experience for all ages (come on, give it a try; it will be fun).
8:45 Announcements for the day
9:00-10:00 Dr. John Bindernagel presenting (50Min)
10:00-11:00 Ken Gerhard presenting (50Min)
11:00-12:00 Mitchel Townsend presenting (50Min)
12:00-12:45 Lunch Break (45Min)
1:00-2:00 Dr. Jeff Meldrum presenting (50Min)
2:30 Q & A Panel for the Speakers
4-Wheeler Grand Prize Drawing – IBC Final announcements, close of event.

Guest ewashguy56

if I wasn't busy I would be heading down 395 to this. I know Cliff Barackman is going, but don't know if anyone else from Finding Bigfoot is going.

Yes, the Olympic Project update could be very interesting, I know they talked at Beachfoot about potential BF bedding sites they had found.  Hoping for updates on that.  I'm envious BigTree, although I suppose you will be on duty for some of this!

Good conference. Dr Meldrum gave a good eulogy to John Green. Dr Bindernagel could not attend because of health reasons. He sent a short video in his stead. Enjoyed Cliff's review of a game cam photo not originally posted on his website. That filled up the rest of Dr Bindernagel's allotted time. 

One big highlight for me was when Bob Gimlan spoke in place of another of the speakers that couldn't make it. He spoke of the days leading up to the PGF including that day, then the day following. Sounded like it was quite an adventure getting out of there the next day in the heavy rain and mud. 

Our research was well recieved. Really enjoyed talking to everyone I was able to. Derek Randles covered some of their latest investigation of the ground nests. They originally found eight but they are now up to 17 in the area.

I enjoyed the two days I was able to attend. 

• Upvote 1

They seemed to be. One of the last things they said was same place, same time next year. I wasn't sure what the turnout was going to be like. There weren't very many people there 1st thing in the morning both days, but by the time mid morning arrived the place was packed. 

BFF Patron

BTW was on duty at their display table answering questions.    Townsend gave him due credit for his findings and analysis.    

They sold 506 tickets.   So that is  a good showing for a first event.   They had an interesting way to get people to stay to the end.    Your entry gave you a chance to win a ATV.    I even put up with the final question answer period to get a chance to win it.      Some woman won it.  

There was some discussion on the forum about the nests found sometime back.    Derek Randles showed some pictures and like BTW said they have found 17 nests so far in the same area.   It is on a ridge above a salmon spawning stream.    They can eat salmon, go up to the nests and sleep it off with a desert of huckleberries.     The area is in a thick thicket of huckleberries and you have to nearly crawl to get in there.    The ridge and thickets prevent any approach without them hearing.    Additionally one nest was 60 feet in the air in a Doug Fir tree.   I was about 8 feet in diameter.     Someone surmised that it might be a sentry position.   They are going to hire a tree climber to get up there and collect hair samples etc.     If you want to know what they look like just look up gorilla nests on the internet.   They prohibited photography of that part of the presentation.    All but the one were on the ground.   Other than what they are made of, they are identical to gorrilla nests.     All these were the top branches of huckleberry bushes woven into a 2 foot deep mat about 8 to 10 feet in diameter.   There is little indication they are used more than once.    The cushioning properties would not be there when the leaves dry up.  They intend to remove one intact and take it someplace for study.  

Loren Coleman's (Porland Maine Cryptozoology Museum)  presentation was interesting.     He presented what happened with the Kennewick man finding and extrapolated what would happen when BF is shot, body or skeleton found.    It will not be pretty but I do not think he really got into how bad things could get if the finding is on Federal land.    Watch the video about the T-Rex Sue find to find out how that would go.   One finder served two years in prison.  

Stacy Brown could not get there because of the hurricane in Florida cancelling his flight.    The organizer privately told me that John Bindernagel is serious ill.  Some presenters need new material.    See one presentation in the past few years and you have seen them all.   Most are selling something:.   Books, foundations that need money,  expeditions,   and mostly themselves.    Mitchell Townsend claims to have discovered a pre ice age settlement someplace in WA.   If true that would rewrite the history of man on North America.   He showed some rock art which appears to show a BF that is part of the artifacts found.   Sure looked like a BF to me.       The site has been turned over to state archaeologists.  Wess and Woody were filming the first day.    Guess they need new material for another "sighting".  

The conference location has a nearby airport with airline service,  several moderately priced hotels and several restaurants within walking distance of the convention center so could be less expensive than Ocean Shores if you want to choose which venue you attend in Washington State.      

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Upvote 1

SSR Team

Thanks for the write up guys, appreciate it.

Anyone know if the Olympic Project presentation will be viewable somewhere ?

As SWWASAS said we were asked to not record the screen during Derek's presentation so I'm not sure if anyone, Sasquatch Chronicles maybe, recorded just his presentation. 

The rocks Mitchel found are interesting. But I am holding my decision on what they are until he has a geologist familiar with mineral deposition in water take a good look at them. I do hope they are what they appear to be, ancient artwork. But I am also familiar with some of the strange things that water can do. 

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

I looked around and did not see anyone filming the Olympic Project session because Derek specifically asked that it not be recorded and posted on Facebook.     Apparently he is getting the same sort of flack on Facebook that drove him off this forum.     I talked to him privately and told him he was missed, at least by some of us on the forum.   He wondered if the resident denialist skeptics were still here.   He laughed when I mentioned flying cows.      

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron

Adam Davies had an interesting presentation.  His presentation was about BF like creature sightings South of the US Boarder.   I was really surprised that there are than many.   He worked his way with various reports all the way down to central America.        Some appear to be large BF like creatures seen in the interior mountainous areas of Mexico and many reports of of small furry men in other areas.      Those interior mountains are covered with coniferous forests and have very little human presence.     Just the kind of place a BF like creature likes to hang out.      

BFF Patron

It was pointed out by BTW that got my speakers messed up.   Ken Gerhard was the one that detailed all of the BF like sightings South of the boarder.   Davies presentation was all over the world.    Happens when you don't take notes.   Anyway presence of BF like creatures in other North American countries sort invalidates the argument that BF is a cultural artifact dating to the 1960s in North America.   Indian tribes in Mexico do not watch a lot of American TV and had to get their information from sightings by locals.    He did mention that the phenomena in Mexico was heavily influenced by superstition and you could rarely find first hand witnesses.    It was usually second or third hand.     That suggests to me that the numbers of creatures is even smaller there than in the US and Canada which is not surprising since the coniferous forest locations in Mexico do not cover huge areas like the PNW.     

• Upvote 1