Recording issue issue

wiiawiwb

I recorded a sample "Test" recording of my voice this evening and it sounded like I was inside a tin can. I've fiddled with my settings recently but nothing I can point to that would cause such a sound. I've included the first recording I did  when I first got the SONY M10 and it sounds just fine. The second, done tonight, sounds awful.  Both were recorded in the exact same location.

What could be causing this "tin" sound?

160808_01.wav

161001_10.wav

Edited by wiiawiwb

Admin

I can barely hear that... the amplitude is way low.

Is there a "recording level" setting?

Is that an external mic?  if so, how long is the cord?  is the cord coiled up so that its neat and tidy?

Both recordings were made without the external mic. I just recorded the file below at the same volume as the 160808.01 file above. See  below:

161002_04.WAV

Edited by wiiawiwb

Admin

Go ahead, turn the recording level all the way up and post the recording.

They both (160808 and 161002) are recorded at the same volume. The first one, sounds clear whereas the second one sounds like it is the tin can. Almost a reverb to it.

Admin

The sample is size too small. Do some more recordings to see if the issue persists.

could you have had another device nearby during the 2nd recording, that had a speaker or microphone in it?

even if it's not working, I think the magnets may interfere on occasion, such as a video camera, cell phone or land line phone, computer etc.