Squatch Fest 2017

BigTreeWalker

• 2 weeks later...

The Fest went very well for a first time. There were probably around three hundred people in and out during the day. The auditorium was standing room only most of the time. All of the speakers were at the Sasquatch Summit in November but there was new material covered by most of them. Which I hadn't really expected. Derek Randles covered more about the ground nest sites. They have now discovered 20. Which is up from the 17 mentioned in November. David Ellis covered more of the audio he has recorded. The sound system worked better than it did at the Summit. Dr Meldrum actually gave a different talk from the two previous conferences I attended. He gave more history behind the 3D printed skeleton. Someone also asked him about what he thought was his best experience. He described the experience he had when with Todd Standing and Dr Bindernagel in Canada. I hadn't heard the whole story behind that one. He described what he observed on the last night with them using a night vision scope. But since he had to leave the next day wasn't able to follow up on it himself. I guess they did find some possible tracks the text day where his observation occurred. 

The Longview Daily News did an article on it today. Of course with the usual out of context abbreviated accounts which are typical for news reporting. 

http://tdn.com/news/local/sasquatch-fans-pack-event-center-for-saturday-festival/article_5f5bb665-9b3c-53bd-8f5c-0ffce71d5fb0.html

Bummed I missed this. My wife and I were in Longview on Saturday

,we would have been there had I Known. 

Edited by daveedoe

I was hoping that the local people here would see this and be able to go if they wanted. It actually turned out well. I got a chance to talk to Derek because he mentioned elk wintering areas on the Sol Duc and Elwha rivers. He has found bones in his research but that isn't where his focus is so he hasn't taken much time looking at them.