Ivan Marx Syndrome

Guest Cryptic Megafauna

They are "just stories" to those who have not seen or understand how they live and survive. As many of us have opined before, any would be bushwhacker that sees one of the things going about their business peacefully will never pull the trigger. (I'll admit though, I would like to see the video of you dragging a six or eight hundred pound Bigfoot  out of the "brush feet first".) :o

• Upvote 3

Yeah I can see that happening. I've never heard of Ivan Marx but from what I gather from the video he found the cripple foot print, made a cast of it, got some attention, and when the new wore off from the footprint find he found he liked the attention and started spinning stories. Well I already know that someone who's full of it as a Christmas turkey can make an actual discovery. Been there. One has to be able to discern the facts from fiction which I think is Steenburgs point.

Never heard of Ivan Marx? Read up on him. Some of his "footage" is laughable. Some say it was his wife in a suit.

You'll be entertained for sure. I think Tom Biscardi was a pupil of Marx also.

1 hour ago, 1980squatch said:

A very real effect IMHO, absolutely.  And yes Norse, stories are just stories, unless you are in them.

Well no. If I was in a real cool story with no proof to back it up? It's just a story. I don't expect you to believe me with no proof.

1 hour ago, Branco said:

They are "just stories" to those who have not seen or understand how they live and survive. As many of us have opined before, any would be bushwhacker that sees one of the things going about their business peacefully will never pull the trigger. (I'll admit though, I would like to see the video of you dragging a six or eight hundred pound Bigfoot  out of the "brush feet first".) :o

First of all? I'm killing the first one I see.

Second of all, that's what Mules are for;)

• Upvote 1

Nope can't say I have heard of Ivan Marx. I'm not very well versed in the who's who in the BF world. I ignore the bsers anyway. I do like Mr. Steenburg though, seems like a level headed guy.

5 hours ago, norseman said:

Well no. If I was in a real cool story with no proof to back it up? It's just a story. I don't expect you to believe me with no proof.

First of all? I'm killing the first one I see.

Second of all, that's what Mules are for;)

Then I was wrong; the BF will be a goner! So now I would sure like to see a video of you trying to back that mule up close enough up to a dead Bigfoot to get some chains tied around its feet and hooked to the single tree. Bet that clip would set a record on YouTube.

• Upvote 1

That's what Vicks rub is for!!! All my mules that would stand in Gut piles are gone!

And no single tree and chains in the mountains. Just four quarters and basket hitches! Hide goes to hide!

Wanna come along? We need about 500 more mule packers and rifles to have a shot at this.....

Edited by norseman

You've convinced me. I suppose his mules are so familiar with the smell of Bigfoot it wouldn't bother them to back their butts up to one. Carry on.

• Upvote 4

And cripple foot is also well known because both Krantz (who examined the tracks) and Meldrum discussed it in their books, probably others as well. And Bossburg WA is famous for something. ;)  I believe it's also close to where Norseman is.