Protecting Yourself From Bigfoot

Ive heard alot of tips and advice over the years for people who come into contact with bears whether by accident or choice. Give the forum your best tips on dealing with bigfoot. How should a person protect themself if they encounter a bigfoot?

Guest krakatoa

How should a person protect themself if they encounter a bigfoot?

The following suggestions should all be finished with "and then run like hell!"

- Make sure you are with someone slower than you.

- Point behind the bigfoot and yell "Hey! Is that Elvis?"

- Throw a handful of mini-Zagnuts.

- Kick bigfoot in the jewels. (if male)

- Punch bigfoot in the boobie. (if female)

Or, if you don't want to encounter a bigfoot at all, hang a game-camera around your neck when hiking.

On a more serious note --

Carry some good bear (pepper) spray. And try to remember not to spray into a strong wind. (Funny story from Montana about a Grizzly encounter where a guy ended up dosing himself. Funny because he ended up with just a few tooth-holes in a leg, but could have been much worse.)

Don't hike w/ anything smaller than a .357 mag. Which sucks for me, because my largest pistola is a .45.

But I do hike w/ a bag of Zagnuts, so I should be ok.

Guest tracker

Ive heard alot of tips and advice over the years for people who come into contact with bears whether by accident or choice. Give the forum your best tips on dealing with bigfoot. How should a person protect themself if they encounter a bigfoot?

under what circumstances?

This topic has come up before a few times. Anyways in brief just back away & l use a bright (LED) flashlight. Shooting at them can open up a whole new can of beans. ohmy.gif

JMO tracker, dry.gif

Guest RayG

Or, if you don't want to encounter a bigfoot at all, hang a game-camera around your neck when hiking.

Guaranteed to work.

RayG

Guest seamonkeychar

Nah, you'll still encounter one, it'll just be real blurry and owl shaped.

Don't hike w/ anything smaller than a .357 mag. Which sucks for me, because my largest pistola is a .45.

Um, .452" is larger than .357".

Guest TooRisky

Stand there in awe, as you have just witnessed probably a once in a life time event... You can be assured that they know you are there and are doing their best to put space between you and them...

Now if you live in fear of this species, you need to stay home in your safe zone, cause there is way more dangerous critters out your very front door called "Humans"...

Brent,

Don't smile showin' your teeth, might suggest fear, anger or uneasyness. I'd try not to just stare at it, also a sign of uneasyness, I'd hope to remember to blink more often than needed, suggests bein' somewhat relaxed an comfortable. Of course...if it wants ta hurt ya, I'm pretty sure you're outa luck, but hey...at least you'll know they exist !

Or ya could do like Bobby suggested on Destination Truth when it came to bears, wear a handycapped sign around your neck, cause if it attacked you...that just wouldn't be cool !

Pat...

Guest krakatoa

Um, .452" is larger than .357".

True -- but a .45 doesn't penetrate worth a **** compared to the .357 mag. The .45 is great for stopping power on man-sized (& comparative bone-density) targets.

On bigfoot sized targets, I'm guessing it just pisses something off. So you need penetration, literally, lest you get yerself penetrated, figuratively. One hopes.

Stop, drop, and roll? Oh no, nevermind, that's fire. :)

I don't think there is anything you can really do if unarmed except surrender to the moment. Maybe he/she won't pick you up and run off with you. If bigfoot kidnaps you, I guess go to Plan B. My Plan B entails leaving some kind of spit trail as he has me slung over his shoulder so the tracking dogs can find me, or my remains.

Guest krakatoa

My Plan B entails leaving some kind of spit trail as he has me slung over his shoulder so the tracking dogs can find me, or my remains.

Ah.

The "Loogie" Defense. Very nice. :D

Actually, that was my Plan B for any kind of kidnapping back when I was younger, cuter, and much more likely to be abducted. :)

Jodie, I'm suffering a mighty spring chest cold (sucks, as I don't smoke). You've provided a belly laugh, and lately, that hurts. Please stop. :lol:

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic