Blame It On Bigfoot

VAfooter

Admin

Bigfoot or not, you have got to watch the road ahead....

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/26/bigfoot-blamed-in-idaho-car-crash.html

You know, this is very fortuitous. Who is going to fork over the money to mount up a search for the creature to prove she was lying? Think about it. Will the insurance company? If they dig out the vehicle's equivalent to the airplane's "black box" what will it show? It should show speed, breaking, and evasive actions. Most people aren't even aware that vehicles are even equipped with such technology and have been since the prototypes in some were installed back on 200 or 2002. Some European imports have still not install it though.

The "device" should give all the info of what happened seconds before the crash. If a private individual wanted to get that info it would cost about $2000. I know all this because of an accident my son was in in a new truck and it was deemed not his fault. Now if the electronics says that's the driver in that story is telling the truth about an avoidance maneuver then the vehicle's recorder will show it. Let's see if they believe her and if they do it would HAVE to get some folks thinking. Folks with plenty of money like the insurance companies.  

BFF Patron

I had one situation where two deer ran across a logging road right in front of me and I had to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting them.      That is pretty normal for deer to do something stupid around vehicles.     What was not normal was they turned around after they crossed and looked back where they had come from.      Neither deer looked at me in my truck.    As I sat there looking in the direction they had come from and had looked towards,    I smelled a nasty skunky smell.      Somehow I don't think they were terrified of a skunk.    I did not see anything and drove off.    In retrospect I should have parked and headed towards where they were staring.     I wonder how often a BF waits until a vehicle passes then walks across a road.      Probably more often than crossing in front of a car.     And most people would never notice it.   

Edited by SWWASAS

Good point. IDK I think this woman could get a lot of mileage out of this (pun intended) by insisting that an investigation into the area and a search for the "culprit" be undertaken. Apparently Bigfoot is a safety hazard and so an all out assessment of the risk is in order. I wonder what the regional LEO's and FS folks are thinking right now. Might be a good time to poke the hornet's nest? Perfect opportunity for Dr. Meldrum to get some press. 

Edited by hiflier

BFF Patron

She basically admitted that she was a distracted driver.      From the insurance companies standpoint,   did not matter if she was distracted by a BF or T-rex.       Most likely she could not have avoided hitting the deer anyway.     In this part of the country you are better off claiming distraction from BF than your cell phone.     Huge fines for touching a cell phone while driving.    Oregon has legislation that would make it a felony to be texting while driving with mandatory jail time.    

Now if those rear facing cameras(for backing up) run continuously, (and with the depth of surveillance these days, who's to say?) then accessing that feed would be of merit. Along those lines, and in regards to what Randy' s saying, if one could somehow record/monitor such a feed while cruising the back roads, one might well catch any number of those that have sense enough to cross once the traffic has passed. Of e   take a night vision sorta thing after dark..pimp my rig- sasquatch style!

"In this part of the country you are better off claiming distraction from BF than your cell phone. "

Too funny, but i imagine it's all too true, as well! 

BFF Patron

For a while I ran a video camera when I was driving in BF country.      Got tired of messing with it and looking at the video pointed behind me.     You had to watch it, because you might not have seen a rear crossing BF.  Pretty boring watching where you have been.   Sure you might catch one sometime, but then again you could also get an asteroid streaking across the sky too.     Probably about the same chance with each.       I think continuous video coverage in camp might have more chance of success.      Especially if you think BF are exploring camp at night.   .    But use a hidden spy camera.     

http://idahostatejournal.com/outdoors/xtreme_idaho/local-researcher-says-recent-idaho-bigfoot-sighting-seems-credible/article_4a6b89c4-d49d-52e9-94fd-7678d5ca400c.html

A northern Idaho woman recently made national news after she blamed a car crash on a sasquatch.

Now a noted local Bigfoot researcher is saying that her story seems credible on the surface.

Dr. Jeff Meldrum, professor of anatomy and anthropology at Idaho State University, has been researching Bigfoot sightings for years, and he said the woman’s claim is not out of the realm of possibility.

According to an article in the Moscow-Pullman Daily News, the woman, a 50-year-old resident of the town of Tensed, told police she saw a sasquatch chasing a deer on the side of the road last Wednesday night while driving on U.S. Highway 95 near the Idaho/Washington border.

Then, she checked her rearview mirror to get a second look at what she described as a 7- to 8-foot tall “shaggy” creature. But when she looked up, the deer ran in front of her and she struck the animal with her Subaru Forester.

Even though Meldrum has not interviewed the woman making the claims, he said the story does seem credible due to how she handled the sighting in the aftermath of the crash.

“It’s intriguing because she sounds like a very credible witness,” he said, noting that there is no suggestion that she was inebriated or delusional. “Her first response was to report it to the sheriff and not post it on Facebook.”

Meldrum also said that the whole scenario seems plausible, especially considering the time of year and the location of the crash, which occurred near a heavily wooded national forest.

“The most common places to see a Bigfoot is on a highway at night or adjacent to a body of water,” he said. “The whole northern panhandle is prime habitat for a sasquatch. This is also the time of year you would expect a Bigfoot to be chasing deer, when it’s malnourished at the end of winter.”

Though Meldrum said this is all speculation at this point, he does say there are some other possibilities to explain the sighting.

The woman could have merely misinterpreted what she saw chasing the deer. While it could have been a bear emerging from its winter den and looking for a meal, Meldrum said that explanation seems unlikely.

“A bear isn’t going to be chasing deer on its hind legs,” Meldrum said. “The bear would have taken one or two steps before going back on four legs.”

There’s also the possibility that the woman was being pranked. In 2012, a man dressed in a Bigfoot costume was trying to drum up sightings of the creature along a Montana highway.

Instead, he ended up getting struck by two cars and killed.

But what fascinates Meldrum most about the case in northern Idaho is how much interest the story has generated. It has already been picked up by multiple national news organizations such as Fox News and was one of the top trending stories on Facebook this weekend.

“What’s interesting is the attention it has gotten,” he said. “It isn’t obviously involving a crazy person and it doesn’t seem like a prank. I think it struck a chord because it was just so mundane, but it smacks of a credible encounter.”

In the end, the Associated Press reported that police marked the incident allegedly involving Bigfoot as a vehicle versus deer collision.

On the evenings of April 14 and 15, Meldrum will make two presentations at the National Oregon/California Trail Center in Montpelier regarding the subject of Bigfoot.

The first presentation, entitled “Sasquatch and Other Wildmen: The Search for Relict Hominoids,” will be held on Friday at 7:30 p.m. Meldrum will discuss the shifting attitude of science towards cryptic man-like species, such as sasquatch, surviving into the present alongside humans in various remote corners of the globe.

Meldrum will also hold a book signing beginning at 6 p.m. in the lobby of the center.

The second presentation, entitled “50 Years of the Patterson-Gimlin Film,” will be held on Saturday at 7:30 p.m. The year 2017 marks the 50th anniversary of the controversial film footage depicting what alleges to be a Bigfoot in northern California. Meldrum will discuss his findings regarding the film. He will be available from 1 to 7 p.m. for questions and book signing.

Edited by Incorrigible1

This is the famous alleged killing of a juvenile bigfoot in California. I'll leave outthe name of the person as I dont know if they're a member here. But I have always wondered if that was a case of a bear cub getting poached and "bigfoot" was the back story to avoid being caught for poaching.

Yes he is a member here !

It seems desperate but maybe the creature used the car as the tool ? you know to dispatch the deer or elk. There might not of not just been one but two or three maybe four creatures around. Hunting party ! 

BFF Patron

My neighbors wife,  whose husband thinks I am nuts for believing in BF,   mentioned this driver distraction report and asked if I had seen it.      If I wanted an excuse for anything,  all I would have to do with her husband would be to mention I was distracted by a BF.    He said I am delusional already and has not brought up the subject since I responded strongly about what he was implying.    He based his entire assessment without even wanting to see what evidence I had about my first footprint find.    Heaven forbid someone look at evidence when they know that BF does not exist because science does not recognize the species.     After all he has a Masters degree in biology!   

On 3/27/2017 at 0:46 PM, SWWASAS said:

.....    Oregon has legislation that would make it a felony to be texting while driving with mandatory jail time.    

I can see it now.  There you are, sitting on the bench in the local jail with all the (excuse the language, but its a quote) mean, nasty, ugly looking people who are mother rapers, father stabbers, father rapers, and they look at you and say, "what are you in for?"  And you go, "Litterin..." and they all move away from you on the bench until you add, "And felony texting..." and they will all move back next to you on the bench.

Not to make light of reckless driving, but there are already laws on the books.  Felony texting charges will likely just be used to extort some extra money or a better guilty plea from poorly represented or unrepresented defendants. 

• Upvote 1