Adventure touring

norseman

I did a bit on my KLR 650 locally plus did a couple northern California trips. Thought I might see the big guy riding fold ire roads. I did see near something reddish brown with long hair quickly disappear into the brush near Happy Camp in California. I wondered what it was I saw, I applied the brakes thought it might have been a deer didn't want it jumping out in front of me. The color didn't look like a deer and I wondered knowing I was in one of the "Squachy-est" (for lack of a better word) known areas. 

I miss my KLR and hope to get another soon. a picture of a tech day I had at my house with a few riders.

tech day.jpg

I have considered BMW or Vee Strom, but I know the KLR inside out. Easy to work been around for years "does everything but nothing well", kinda sums it up.

I was thinking about a XR 650 L. I've owned a Husky TE 510, which was fun to ride for a couple of hours before you went numb. Over heated a lot unless you were flat out. It was a race enduro through and through.

The big Honda also has a Baja racing pedigree, but the air cooled engine is supposedly more reliable and less finicky than the Husky.

Im thinking it's somewhere between a KLR and a TE.

IMG_0618.JPG

IMG_0619.JPG