Did Nothing

joebeelart

On 10/16/2017 at 4:37 AM, 7.62 said:

I just can't imagine how you could squeeze the trigger on one if they do in fact appear as human as the PGF . I would like to say I'm no pacifist by any stretch of the imagination having served in the Marine Corps among other things in my life. But it's not a deer or an elk you have in your sights . It's a human like appearing creature walking as you do upright.

It's shaped like you with arms , legs and eyes that by many accounts show intelligence by a sentient being .

For my self it would have to be only a life threatening encounter where I would use a weapon .  I do want to stress the fact if they  do appear as the PGF .

I believe if you  did squeeze the trigger on one after standing over the body . That event  would haunt your mind the rest of your life and you would wish you could take that second 

of your life back and do something different .

I have no interest hunting apes. I would rather see them protected. And many are protected both by laws and armed Rangers. Despite this some poachers still get lucky.

Most humans lack empathy especially ones that live a hand to mouth existence in third world countries.

I do not attempt to rationalize Sasquatch as a deer or elk in order to justify killing one. 

I would very much welcome a discovery tommorow made by a DNA sample.

But if Im riding my horse down a trail and the greatest discovery known to man is standing right in front of me looking at me? What am I suppose to do? Take another wobbly video? Pull out the dental resin after it runs off into the woods?

This creature needs to make the jump from crypto to straight zoology in this century. And I hope its accomplished without blood shed. But if its not meant to be? Then so be it. Its sacrifice will not have been in vain.

Maybe if a discovery is made someday our grandchildren may visit a national park in hopes of catching a glimpse of the elusive Bigfoot.

And not be ridiculed and teased if they do.

And maybe with discovery and understanding, we could set aside more wildlands for the species.

In this case I definitely think the end justifies the means.

And the killing of one will secure its future against events that have befallen other great apes.

IMG_0645.JPG

IMG_0646.JPG

IMG_0647.JPG

norseman I'm  not trying to dispute  your rationale for it just the aftermath of what it would do to a good person.Like you said you're riding your horse down a trail

and it's just standing there looking at you , no threat just curiosity  . The scenario is just playing out in my mind. You take the shot and it staggers and falls to the ground . You get off your horse and cautiously walk up to see this staring up at you coughing blood with it's eyes starting to glaze over knowing death is near .

546261_3308884673919_117337178_n.jpg

Like I said it's not a elk or a deer you're touching a rifle barrel to it's eyes seeing if it's finally dead , This is what is looking at you . This will affect you in a profound way.

20 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

norseman I'm  not trying to dispute  your rationale for it just the aftermath of what it would do to a good person.Like you said you're riding your horse down a trail

and it's just standing there looking at you , no threat just curiosity  . The scenario is just playing out in my mind. You take the shot and it staggers and falls to the ground . You get off your horse and cautiously walk up to see this staring up at you coughing blood with it's eyes starting to glaze over knowing death is near .

546261_3308884673919_117337178_n.jpg

Like I said it's not a elk or a deer you're touching a rifle barrel to it's eyes seeing if it's finally dead , This is what is looking at you . This will affect you in a profound way.

Also if it's  not dead but dying now and watching you as you approach it . Do you raise your rifle and send another bullet into it's body or just watch it die as it's looking at you .

I know I just mentally played out a possible scenario but it could exactly play out this way in shooting one of these creatures  having my self who's hunted for many years.

• Upvote 1

Well, if someone was going to shoot and kill me, I'd like to go as quickly and as cleanly as humanly possible.

BFF Patron

If someone was going to shoot and kill me,  I would do whatever I could to take them out before they got me or at least take them out with me.    I expect BF would think much the same way I do.  They are not going to stand still and let you execute them without a fight to give you a clean humane shot.   And in my experience they are not alone.   

I cannot think of a more dangerous prey than BF.       They demonstrated that to me one day when I was playing games trying to get one I heard moving around back in the trees to break cover so I could photograph it.   I kept advancing and then would hear it move to withdraw.     Finally it growled at me and immediately behind me another one broke a tree off.    The one behind had been flanking me while I was trying to get the first to break cover.       For all I know the one that growled saved my life.    The one flanking me had been totally silent right up to the time the tree snapped off.   I had no idea it was there or how close it was.    It was likely just a few giant steps away.   Thinking about that encounter,  that was the first time I ever talked to them.       When I heard the growl and tree breaking,    I said something like "I get it,   I will back off and let you go"      I backed out and did not hear another noise from either one.  

Yah....well, humans kill dangerous game every year. From elephants to bears. They dont stand much of a chance against a big bore rifle.

The morality of the shot on a bigfoot is debatable. 

The odds being stacked in favor of the gun? Are not debatable. Claws and fangs lose 99.9999% of the time. 

... 'til the flashlight batteries die.   "In the land of the blind, the one eyed bigfoot is king."  :)

MIB

• Upvote 2

BFF Patron

No matter what prowess a hunter has with other animals,   I would feel bad not having warned about the dangers of hunting BF.    Their sentient behavior, and ability to move quietly with great stealth,   puts them more in the category of matching wits with a human special ops soldier than some bear.    They are hunters,     know what hunting behavior is and do not like it when they are the prey.         It would be the one you don't see that gets you from behind.     Night ops would be virtual insanity in my opinion.     

• Upvote 2

"The existence of Bigfoot is taken for granted throughout Native North America, and so are his powerful psychic abilities. I can't count the number of times that I have heard elder Indian people say that Bigfoot knows when humans are searching for him and that he chooses when and to whom to make an appearance, and that his psychic powers account for his ability to elude the white man's efforts to capture him or hunt him down. In Indian culture, the entire natural world -- the animals, the plants, the rivers, the stars -- is seen as a family. And Bigfoot is seen as one of our close relatives, the "great elder brother"."

http://www.bfro.net/legends/

• Upvote 2

Coyote-The old man creator

http://www.firstpeople.us/FP-Html-Legends/Old-Man-Coyote-Makes-The-World-Crow.html

How water came to be, nobody knows. Where Old Man Coyote came from, nobody knows. But he was, he lived. Old Man Coyote spoke: "It is bad that I am alone. I should have someone to talk to. It is bad that there is only water and nothing else." Old Man Coyote walked around. Then he saw some who were living - two ducks with red eyes.

"Younger brothers," he said, "is there anything in this world but water and still more water? What do you think?"

"Why," said the ducks, "we think there might be something deep down below the water. In our hearts we believe this."

"Well, younger brothers, go and dive. Find out if there is something. Go!"

One of the ducks dove down. He stayed under water for a long, long time. "How sad!" Old Man Coyote said. "Our younger brother must have drowned."

"No way has he drowned," said the other duck. "We can live underwater for a long time. Just wait."

At last the first duck came to the surface. "What our hearts told us was right," he said. "There is something down there, because my head bumped into it."

"Well, my younger brother, whatever it may be, bring it up."

The duck dived again. A long time he stayed down there. when he came up, he had something in his beak. "Why, what can this be?" Old Man Coyote took it. "Why, this is a root," he said. "Where there are roots, there must be earth. My younger brother, dive again. If you find something soft, bring it up."

The duck went down a third time. This time he came up with a small lump of soft earth in his bill. Old Man Coyote examined it. "Ah, my younger brother, this is what I wanted. This I will make big. This I will spread around. This little handful of mud shall be our home."

IMG_0648.JPG

• Upvote 2

On October 18, 2017 at 2:47 PM, Sasfooty said:

"The existence of Bigfoot is taken for granted throughout Native North America, and so are his powerful psychic abilities. I can't count the number of times that I have heard elder Indian people say that Bigfoot knows when humans are searching for him and that he chooses when and to whom to make an appearance, and that his psychic powers account for his ability to elude the white man's efforts to capture him or hunt him down. In Indian culture, the entire natural world -- the animals, the plants, the rivers, the stars -- is seen as a family. And Bigfoot is seen as one of our close relatives, the "great elder brother"."

Thanks for this, Sasfooty. It's obvious to many that the statements of these Native American people are not mere suppositions or simple stories, but are based on actual, real experiences with the Bigfoot and their real, actual, and remarkable abilities. 

Here's a great interview with an actual Native American person who had an actual experience of a BF's actual and remarkable abilities. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MYRgCqc5-Y=37s

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Daveedo:  Sorry I haven't logged on for a while.  If you study the topic, and spend many nights up in the hills feeling what goes on, when one comes around, I doubt if you will be terribly frightened.  Probably you will just be interested in what is happening.  The cravat is that you must study the phenomena; and, camp out a lot.  Do what you can, and you will be amazed.

Raccoon's aren't at Kate Kamp; no water near; no opossums up there.  Bears are, and we have seen some big ones, especially a large boar this fall running from us.  Bears up here are frightful of hunters.     

Just for your information, I took an editor {not a reporter} up there after the Turner Broadcasting crew.  He was from the leading German newspaper.  He was quite amazed at what he saw, even given his experience in the Alps and other mountains.  We talked for a long time about what to do.  He, and some of his comrades, may be back next fall before rifle season. 

Regards, Joe.    Ps:  If you get out this way, give me a post.  If it all works OK, will take you up the hill for time available. 

• Upvote 1

BFF Patron
On 10/18/2017 at 2:47 PM, Sasfooty said:

Chiye tanka, amen brother!

On 11/1/2017 at 5:24 PM, joebeelart said:

Regards, Joe.    Ps:  If you get out this way, give me a post.  If it all works OK, will take you up the hill for time available. 

On 9/28/2017 at 1:33 PM, joebeelart said:

So, what should we have done? 

thanks Joe, I would be honored to be along with you in those areas.  I've never been with any groups out looking for Bigfoot and have never done any serious research.myself. It would be a great learning experience.  I just can't imagine if I saw a 8' or 9' Bigfoot and not freaking out, especially in my camp. I would be OK maybe seeing one from a distance though.  

I have always had a fear of Bigfoot, I think it a healthy fear. I have never seen a Bigfoot but have had several incidents where my conclusion was it had to be Bigfoot. I always try and leave the area ASAP because I feel so uneasy.

I don't have the same fear of bears or cougars, maybe that is unhealthy. I've spent many hours and days in the forest mostly the Gifford Pinchot NF and the Olympic NF and have hike into the back country in Yosemite, North Cascades, GPNF and the Olympics. I've had night visitors mostly bears, deer and mountain goats. Never been afraid of those creatures.  

Thank you maybe this next spring summer if I get out there in your area and I will contact you. 

With my recent health issues and age I just don't get out as much. My plan is to get healthy and get back out there. 

• gigantor unlocked this topic