Super-Human Sasquatch

hiflier

Hi, everyone. I was going through some database reports and something reminded me that I've always wanted to bring up and discuss reports of what some Sasquatches have been reported doing. The 'doing' being performing feats outside of the Human norm. John Green's Database has 371 (about 9%) instances where witness have reported different kinds of activities that we would consider Super-Human from the year 2000 al the way back to 1851. We've seen photos of widely spaced footprints in an inline trackway so I though a report that has a witness to such things actually being done would be interesting. Stuff like:

1851 around Paragould, Arkansas: Leaping 12 to 14 feet at a bound

And from the 1850's, Mount Shasta, CA: Picked up 20-foot section of sluiceway and smashed it against a tree.

And in from the 1870's, Port Orford, OR: Hurled two dogs to their deaths

Don't have to go back in time that far though as there's much that is more recent, say, in the last 20 years or so. Just thought there might be an interest in reading about some of these kinds of encounters.

• 3 weeks later...

You are welcome, PG :) I have now taken the liberty of sorting John Green's database for just this topic by zeroing in only on first-person witness accounts. Here are five with a similar theme that stood out. Thay all took place at different locations between 1966 and the early 1970's:

Shot at close range, deer rifles and shotgun, no effect
Shot four times with 30-30, creature charged him
Shot in head with shotgun, then 4 times in back, ran off
Shot repeatedly with .22, no effect
Shot with shotgun at close range, ran through wire fence

For anyone out to grass one of these creatures? I would say that the report with the 30-30 would be worrisome. But then, as I bring other 'super-Human feats here, one may get the impression that even having a BF do what these witnesses say they do is enough to second guess just how powerful these creatures are said to be. Most wild animals are really fit and strong but take that to a Sasquatch with its size and physical shape can be very sobering.

And since we are coming out of winter for the most part with snow still around and in higher elevations I thought these would be apropos:

10-foot running strides in snow
10-foot running strides in snow
4 to 6-foot strides up mountain deep in hard snow
50-inch stride more than 2 feet deep in snow
6-foot strides in deep snow, knee prints 3-feet apart
7-foot strides in 2 feet of snow.

Cleared high objects in deep snow, long strides

Oh, and might as well toss this one in, too :) :

36-inch stride up hill too steep for man to climb

Edited by hiflier

YESSIR! It's what I was getting at.

Continuing.......Interaction with animals. Mind you these are still in the category of first-person accounts:

Lifted calf into feed rack 5 feet off floor

Picked up deer, killed it by neck bite, slung it over shoulder and walked off

Ran as fast as horses at full run.

Threw 60-pound dog 39 feet through air.

Tore two hounds in two

Edited by hiflier

Still in the first-person witness column which means people have reported actually seeing a creature perform these feats. The leg strength and agility compared to Humans is simply off the scale....Managing terrain:

"Flowed" over wide ditch.
36-inch stride up hill too steep for man to climb
Came through brush too fast for human
Climbed around mountain too quickly and easily for human
Climbed ridge at incredible speed. Kept coming when shot.
Climbed steep slope impossibly fast
Crashed through Himalayan blackberry tangles
Creature crossed open area at superhuman speed
Glided smoothly over uneven, difficult ground.
Jumped up cliff 15 feet high
Jump to high bank by road and up hill too fast for human
Jumped ditch and went through brush, impossible for man
Jumped log difficult for human to climb over
Leaped up 8-foot bank by road in two strides
Moved much too fast for human
Moved too fast and effortlessly for a man
Prints punched through ice crust which humans could not break by jumping.
Prints too deep to match by jumping, 42-inch stride
Pulled self over cattle chute rail with one arm
Ran across logging slash, too fast for man.
Ran like the wind in steep, rugged terrain
Ran through heavy brush where human could not
Ran through swamp on downed logs too fast for human.
Ran too fast for human
Ran too fast for human
Ran two or three times as fast as human could
Ran up hill 80 yards in 5 seconds, 5 to 6-ft strides
Ran uphill at about 30 miles an hour
Standing jump without effort to top of 6-foot bank
Stepped over 3-foot log without disturbing snow on top
Strides, and way jumped 3-ft bush, impossible for human
Took 10-foot strides
Two creatures leapt to 6-ft bank in impossible waysTwo creatures leapt to 6-ft bank in impossible ways
Two creatures leapt to 6-ft bank in impossible ways
Unbelievably long steps
Walked 200 yards in 30 seconds
Walked easily across clearing in 20 seconds. Witness took a minute at dead run.
Walked uphill through logging slash in 10 minutes. Witness took more than an hour to cover the same distance.
Walking strides double human
Went straight up cliff in seconds
Went up steep embankment over boulders with amazing speed
Went up steep, 20-foot bank in huge strides.

Edited by hiflier

Fence navigation:

Cleared 4-foot high downed tree trunk in stride.
Easily jumped 4-ft fence
Jumped barbed wire fence
Jumped fence with arms loaded with vegetables
Leapt field fences on run.
Stepped over 4-foot fence
Stepped over fence
Stepped over railroad fence, crushed spuds in ground
Walked over 4-ft fence

Guest OntarioSquatch

Some of their capabilities may provide insight into their ability to avoid danger and detection. Two of the most important ones in my opinion are badly overlooked, namely their awareness of their surroundings and a popular parapsychological phenomenon that we all know. For reasons that one can imagine, these traits are difficult to evaluate, but a suprising amount of useful data on them exist. The problem is largely in compiling legitimate reports and using the data to correctly identify the extent of their mental capabilities.

In terms of specific reports of speed, the most credible and impressive report that I’m aware of is from SE Oklahoma. This was an encounter by a man named Michael Humphreys who walked around his cabin when he heard something going through his dumpster. His description was that it saw his gun and then took off on all fours, and then switched to two feet like a man would, except it was too fast for him to get a bead on it even though it was in front of him. The encounter left him stunned in part due to how smooth it was while running away, and the unbelievably long jump that it did over his fence.

The most credible and impressive report of strength that I’m aware of is also from SE Oklahoma, except this one is from the NAWAC, not a local resident. This was supposedly several years ago when tree breaks began occurring as an intimidation tactic. The auditory data that they’d collected indicated that the sasquatch were throwing their body while at the top of large healthy trees and successfully breaking them near the bottom

This is one of the trees that were found snapped

30cul40.jpg

Edited by OntarioSquatch

Parapsychology and supposed mental prowess notwithstanding, I thought just getting a picture of the physical feats of speed and strength would be a good look into the creatures abilities as it relates to their size and agility according to first hand witness accounts. The image above is an -after-the-fact discovery, which I'm not diminishing by any means, but this thread is presenting what witnesses are claiming to have actually seen the creature doing. With that in mind.....

Road activity:

Cross road in three strides
Cross road in two strides
Crossed highway in four steps.
Crossed logging slash in fraction of time logger took
Crossed road in 6-ft leaps, went straight up 45 degree slope
Crossed road in few steps and stepped up on ridge
Crossed road in three steps
Crossed road in two slides
Crossed road in two steps
Crossed road in two strides
Jump to high bank by road and up hill too fast for human
Leaped up 8-foot bank by road in two strides

30 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Fence navigation:

Cleared 4-foot high downed tree trunk in stride.
Easily jumped 4-ft fence
Jumped barbed wire fence
Jumped fence with arms loaded with vegetables
Leapt field fences on run.
Stepped over 4-foot fence
Stepped over fence
Stepped over railroad fence, crushed spuds in ground
Walked over 4-ft fence

Puts me in mind of DWA's repeated harping on the consistency in reports. For the record, I usually agreed with the substance of his views. Unfortunately, he often shot himself in the foot with his manner of presentation.

16 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Parapsychology and supposed mental prowess notwithstanding, I thought just getting a picture of the physical feats of speed and strength would be a good look into the creatures abilities as it relates to their size and agility according to first hand witness accounts. The image above is an -after-the-fact discovery, which I'm not diminishing by any means, but this thread is presenting what witnesses are claiming to have actually seen the creature doing. With that in mind.....

So, as usual, we are left with the difficulties of explaining these reports. Hauling out some typical approaches:

1 - The chronicler misunderstood what was said

2 - It did not happen as stated, and the tale grew in the telling

3 - The original report was from someone who was fond of spreading bovine excrement

4 - The original report was from someone who simply observed and re-interpreted events badly

5 - The original report was from someone a few bricks short of a full wagon

6 - The original report was from someone who was victim of a hoax or a prank

7 - Nothing to see here folks, just move on, and

8 - Events really did happen as reported

However, anyone coming up with explanations #1 though # 7 also has a burden of proof, just as does anyone endorsing #8.

Just saying, for instance, "All is explained by #6," is not an argument. That view itself has to be supported by evidence. Otherwise it is vacuous conjecture, or knee-jerk nay-saying.

That puts us in a conundrum though. We have so many reports of this nature (original post), and so much commonality in the descriptions that these should give any honest skeptic pause. 

How can so many people be so wrong in their reporting, over such a long time-span? We are not talking about highly subjective opinion such as found in economics, art review or political tribalism; this is generally pretty concrete first hand observation of physical events. In general, people are quite good at this. Being good at it has always been essential to individual and species survival. The finding that, under some circumstances, we can be quite mistaken does not obviate the general point. People are generally good at reporting what they see, under a wide variety of circumstances where little interpretation is required.

Since there number of skeptics in name only, who adamantly refuse to admit even the possibility of the creature's existence, we get unsupported and intellectually bankrupt adherence to anything but #8. The general argument: since the creatures can not exist, #8 can not possibly be the case. This is the typical talking point of the false skeptic,

I have no idea why  the skeptics-in-name-only frequent this forum. I suspect trolling, or some form of neuroticism in defense of the status quo..

See my signature line below

I read DWA saying that many times myself but never really saw any examples posted. And this isn't about reading or not reading reports at all but only listing this stuff to try and imagine what any one witness might have been thinking while watching these creatures. I have not seen anyone lump these activities into one place before even on databases (where such activities are pretty spread out).

Regarding vehicles:

Chased by truck, ran faster than a man could run
Crashed through underbrush pacing car, not clocked
Kept up with cars at 30 miles an hour
Kept up with truck going 20 miles an hour
Shook van violently
Superhuman speed beside car, not clocked.

Then why comment? They are just stories. Who said anything about believing them. Yeeesh, lighten up.

Edited by hiflier