Bigfoot Follows Waterways

Drew

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2011/06/08/bigfoot-group-watchful-along-flooded-missouri-river/

I could swear that on the old forum, that this was Jim Flowers' theory, and that he even did a study about the sightings vs. sources of water. Is the BFRO taking credit for this as well?

If you're going to make crap up and attribute it to me, please at least make it realistic.

Map:Yes.

Taking credit for something that I first heard of from the The legend of Boggy Creek" : No.

In 1972 I was 2. <_<

You'd have to wonder too if Jim Flowers did talk about this' date=' from what Sightings & what Database he'd have worked it out from too i'd guess & given the fact that the BFRO's is the biggest & most comprehensive Sighting that there is, they may rightfully so take credit.[/quote'] Not just the BFRO's, several books,websites, movies and oh yeah, common fricking sense. Animals need water.
Isn't Flowers the same gentleman who said that the Sierra Sounds were fake' date=' and that he could vocally reproduce with ease? [/quote']No. Again facts would be nice. What I actually said was this:
I can do a fairly good imitation of the original sounds.and it's been said ray crowe and a few others can immitate both them and a few other alleged sounds pretty realistically. I've never been out in the woods with them so I dunno..
In the future, please get what I said or allegedly said correct.

Guest FuriousGeorge

Without any field research of my own and struggling through the 3rd grade, I would imagine that they don't follow waterways. All of these survival shows that are on right now all state, if you are lost, follow the waterways because that's where you will find people. I tend to agree that people are drawn to waterways. If people were there in more abundance, does it make more sense for bf to stay away (unless he needs a drink) or more sightings would be taking place? I have no idea, just my guess.

I can understand the power line and following the deer theory more easily.

Guest Cervelo

Path of least resistance all animals do it! Truly ground breaking stuff!! I'm going to have to completely change my "research" patterns arggghhhhhh someone shoot one, hit one, get your Bigfoot buddy on tv, so this can end!!!!:)

Guest MidnightWalkerSE

Water ways for travel are a much more intelligent form of travel. Not only do they tend to be less risky from being detected but they also present feeder streams that can be used as a quick water source during travel. I believe these beings are a hell of a lot smarter than to drink from out nasty rivers. It would also be a good source of companionship during travel because most of those waterway intersect sasquatch groups along the way.

Guest bsruther

If it weren't for the theory of BFs using waterways and power line cuts, I'd be a complete skeptic. I see no way that they could inhabit many of the areas that they have been sighted in, unless they use these things as a means to get from one place to another. Power line cuts can transform many small wooded areas into large forests. Waterways are often in valleys that have green belts on either side, that would allow unhindered travel, for long distances.

I live in a river valley that has a wildlife corridor that goes on for hundreds of miles, only broken by roads and occasional small towns. A wildlife corridor that is that long, and in some areas, never ventured into by humans, would be an ideal place for a large animal to move freely and not be seen. Power line cuts originate from power plants, located on waterways and travel out from the power plants, like spokes on a wheel. To me, it just makes logical sense.

Food. No tracks. Ease of movement. Water. Report after report after report after report... Cant find scat ? Guess what.. :blob: WHEN ??????? When are people not there ? And if a few people see them so? Nobody believes them anyway. could not resist..

If you're going to make crap up and attribute it to me, please at least make it realistic.

Map:Yes.

Taking credit for something that I first heard of from the The legend of Boggy Creek" : No.

In 1972 I was 2. <_<

Not just the BFRO's, several books,websites, movies and oh yeah, common fricking sense. Animals need water.

No. Again facts would be nice. What I actually said was this: In the future, please get what I said or allegedly said correct.

Sorry, next time I'll get the exact quote from the old BFF.

Sorry, next time I'll get the exact quote from the old BFF.

Yeah; I would too. Very different tune change.

I have always thought this was common knowledge amongst field researchers... I don't think anyone can claim they own common sense ideas....Water ways like streams and creeks are the most energy effcient ways to get from higher to lower ground or visa verse... They tend to be cooler in the summer, have abundant fresh water/food, and plenty of foliage to hide away in...

Also in the big picture they tend to stay close to areas of abundant rain fall.

http://www.stancourtney.com/wordpress/bigfoot-and-annual-rainfall-in-the-us/

Guest CaptainMorgan

Walking in waterways not only could help them hide sounds, tracks and scent; it could lower their body temperature.

Edited by CaptainMorgan

Don't really subscribe to doomsday talk but, I've taken into account the possibility and made somewhat of a plan in case my family has to get out of town. The highways will be jammed and the idea hit me while driving on I-95 one day. I looked out the window and say this large corridor cut through the wilderness. At first it baffled me the purpose, but then I realized it was for the powerlines.

My next thought was that corridor would be a great way to travel by foot, bike, etc if SHTF.

My later thought was that "I'D BET BF USES THESE FOR TRAVEL" especially at night.

Guest SurfingCowboy

Follow perhaps ? Maybe they just know where it is ? I am sure they find lots of water sources in their travels so they don't have to head to a specific river or lake. Jeez if that were the case. All we would have to do then is camp out on the waterways at dusk and dawn and start counting Bf's . And these Bf forums wouldn't exist, kinda ironic. smile.gif

JMO tracker, dry.gif

Well actually I think that method would work, I have a theory about a hot spot of BF activity and its based on a compelation of sightings and encounters, which all are kind of centered around a nice large secluded water source. I believe thats what keeps them in the area and coming back.

Guest tracker

Well actually I think that method would work, I have a theory about a hot spot of BF activity and its based on a compelation of sightings and encounters, which all are kind of centered around a nice large secluded water source. I believe thats what keeps them in the area and coming back.

I can imagine that their behavior alters when they are deep in their own territory vs. when on the move. JMO tracker dry.gif