A Plan For Presenting Sasquatch To Science

hiflier

hiflier,

We all know our scoftics familiar game...it's all he's got...he's already stated they don't exist, an it is we who are wastin' our time, our very lives in pursuit of evidence, of the truth !

Funny, because science has actually been more open over the years, there are more credentialed people lookin' into it an openly speakin' about the subject. The University of Oxford felt the subject compellin' enough to study possible hair samples. As we've seen, it troubles dmaker world renowned primatologist Jane Goodall is fascinated by the subject as well.

Unimpressive would be our resident scoftics continued attempts to discredit an belittle the efforts an work of members lookin' into sasquatch...on a Bigfoot Forum. Simple as that.

Pat...

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, dmaker said:

That is just your opinion. All of those things have non  bigfoot related sources. Until something more convincing and unambiguous arrives, I don't believe that any scientific investigation is warranted. 

Simply put, bigfoot evidence is wholly unimpressive. Until, or if, that changes, don't expect any higher degree of scientific interest. 

There you go hiflier, there's a suggestion for your thread. Stop trying different angles on the same old crappy evidence, and get something tangible

And of course, as usual, statements let skeptics off the hook for doing anything themselves. Instead, they cajole everyone else to do their work for them. An perfect example of that is what I bolded in the last sentence of the wrote. Does that sound like a demand or not. Where do thee people get off? "GET SOMETHING TANGIBLE"> Yeah right, like I'm going to jump when a scofftic barks out a command LOL. What a joke. 

11 hours ago, hiflier said:

How do you know I don't already have it?

You don't.

11 hours ago, hiflier said:

Done with you

If only I should be so lucky.

12 minutes ago, hiflier said:

And of course, as usual, statements let skeptics off the hook for doing anything themselves. Instead, they cajole everyone else to do their work for them. An perfect example of that is what I bolded in the last sentence of the wrote. Does that sound like a demand or not. Where do thee people get off? "GET SOMETHING TANGIBLE"> Yeah right, like I'm going to jump when a scofftic barks out a command LOL. What a joke. 

I think it’s pretty standard protocol for those making the grandiose claim, BF in this case, to provide adequate proof.   Dmakers position holds its ground each day that goes by without proof of BF.  

It is on us proponents to advance the cause. 

Edited by Twist
  • Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Exactly what type of ‘work’ do you think we, as skeptics, should be doing? 

Accept unsubstantiated bigfoot stories as evidence? Not gonna happen. Ignore each day that every trail cam fails to capture an image of BF? No, we will point that out as an increased likliehood that the creature isn’t out there in the first place.

Your evidence doesn’t support the claim. Never has and never will at this rate. 

‘Science’ and ‘academia’ will tell you the same thing if you ever get off the keyboard and attempt an honest presentation of what you think is evidence of really real Bigfoots.

Edited by Squatchy McSquatch
  • Upvote 1

As they continue to marvel at my ignorance, I continue to marvel at theirs. Some day (probably long after all of us have croaked) the definitive answer will be found. All of the ***-for-tat above  leads me to wonder  though: If a troll screams "NUUUH-UHHH!" in the forest, and nobody is around to hear it,  does anyone care?  In the interim....split wood, carry water. :-)      

Edited by WSA
  • Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

Calling us trolls isn’t going to strengthen the evidence for Bigfoot.

HA! The evidence isn't yours. It didn't come from trolls and never will. Trolls aren't out there with researchers looking for anything. Oh but you remain here and wait with everyone else for something to break. And so you are somehow in line to receive it? Demands are made to go get something? Requests are made to show things? And if demands and requests are shunned you whine about the burden of proof, yada, yada, while doing absolutely ZERO.

How about putting the shoe on the other foot? You want to know things? You hound people and present weak arguments that go nowhere? Then the shoe is now on the other foot: YOU and the rest? GO GET SOMETHING TANGIBLE yourselves and stop haranguing everyone and waiting for things to be handed to you only to become critical when we give you nothing. Do your own work. But, since you think BF doesn't exist, it leaves open the ridiculous notion of why any of you are even here in the first place- and for soooo looooong LOL.

It is so sad to see how much time you spend hammering out the same mantra, end up with the same reactions from the community, and then cry foul. You had better go get the stuff you crave yourselves and maybe, just maybe, as a result, you will be looking and sounding a lot more well adjusted. As it is you all look and sound rather desperate and quite frankly, a bit unhinged. Just you being here for as long as all of you have been here calls into question your true purpose. Just what is that purpose anyway?   

Edited by hiflier

Good. They want evidence they can go find it

2 hours ago, Twist said:

Dmakers position holds its ground each day that goes by without proof of BF.  

It is because dmaker doesn't do anything, nor do the rest of his ilk. Ah, but they are quick to criticize others when their demands aren't met. They want everything, do nothing, but expect answers. It is why I said that I was done with the game playing. It serves no purpose beyond giving them something to say.........for years and years........and never having to lift a finger or say anything positive. Game. But it always the same set of games. Easy to say 'they don't exist" and then beat up on everyone else. Everyone else does the work while they just try to wheedle information from them.

I ain't playin' this one-sided tactic any more. Keeping them in the dark is much easier than dealing with their bad attitudes , behavior and crappy discourse.

Edited by hiflier

39 minutes ago, hiflier said:

HA! The evidence isn't yours. It didn't come from trolls and never will. Trolls aren't out there with researchers looking for anything. Oh but you remain here and wait with everyone else for something to break. And so you are somehow in line to receive it? Demands are made to go get something? Requests are made to show things? And if demands and requests are shunned you whine about the burden of proof, yada, yada, while doing absolutely ZERO.

How about putting the shoe on the other foot? You want to know things? You hound people and present weak arguments that go nowhere? Then the shoe is now on the other foot: YOU and the rest? GO GET SOMETHING TANGIBLE yourselves and stop haranguing everyone and waiting for things to be handed to you only to become critical when we give you nothing. Do your own work. But, since you think BF doesn't exist, it leaves open the ridiculous notion of why any of you are even here in the first place- and for soooo looooong LOL.

It is so sad to see how much time you spend hammering out the same mantra, end up with the same reactions from the community, and then cry foul. You had better go get the stuff you crave yourselves and maybe, just maybe, as a result, you will be looking and sounding a lot more well adjusted. As it is you all look and sound rather desperate and quite frankly, a bit unhinged. Just you being here for as long as all of you have been here calls into question your true purpose. Just what is that purpose anyway?   

Hiflier I expect nothing from you.

I have demanded nothing from you.

14 hours ago, hiflier said:

How do you know I don't already have it?

3 hours ago, dmaker said:

You don't.

dmaker is the best game player.

12 minutes ago, Squatchy McSquatch said:

Hiflier I expect nothing from you.

I have demanded nothing from you.

Good.

Edited by hiflier

I don't understand this rant that skeptics should be out there doing something, looking for something? What do you suggest we do, go out into the woods and look for evidence that bigfoot does not exist?

I truly don't understand your ravings sometimes. 

59 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Good. They want evidence they can go find it

It is because dmaker doesn't do anything, nor do the rest of his ilk. Ah, but they are quick to criticize others when their demands aren't met. They want everything, do nothing, but expect answers. It is why I said that I was done with the game playing. It serves no purpose beyond giving them something to say.........for years and years........and never having to lift a finger or say anything positive. Game. But it always the same set of games. Easy to say 'they don't exist" and then beat up on everyone else. Everyone else does the work while they just try to wheedle information from them.

I ain't playin' this one-sided tactic any more. Keeping them in the dark is much easier than dealing with their bad attitudes , behavior and crappy discourse.

No offense Hiflier but I don’t think you get it.   

• Upvote 1

Oh. but I do get it, Twist. The picture is very clear. If skeptics are not here to help with something positive then just why are they around and why around for so long basically saying the same thing over and over and over for YEARS here.

33 minutes ago, dmaker said:

What do you suggest we do, go out into the woods and look for evidence that bigfoot does not exist?

I rest my case. Because I get it. It also gives a platform (an excuse if you will) for interrupting every thread, every train of thought, every endeavor to advance to an answer, and every effort in the field bring in evidence without it being called a just a story. But then you are smart, Twist, I shouldn't have to explain this to you. You don't want to see the skeptic methodology? Fine have it your way but it changes nothing regarding skeptics having an agenda.

And the agenda, for whatever reason it exists, creates constant disruption and diversion from any thread's topic.  This thread is about an extremely important and sensitive issue and what it has ended up being is chaos. And you say I'M the one not getting it? There is a pattern going on here and it is time that folks to wake up to it. The same two or three people show up out of the woodwork and start in tearing at a thread and the members that engage in it until it is a complete derailed wreck from what it started out to be. Why is that? Why does that happen EVERY time? Same people? A pattern? A methodology? You betcha it is.

This isn't my problem. It is the Forum's problem. But it never gets righted so one has to wonder.