A Plan For Presenting Sasquatch To Science

hiflier

Sadly for you hiflier, I don't care in the slightest what you want. Wave your finger elsewhere. Your lecturing is boring.

Hiflier, I am allowed my opinion and my comments. As long as they are within the rules of the forum, I should be allowed to express them. 

I do not need you shaking your cane and yelling get off my lawn every time I post. My comment was on topic and bigfoot related. Your responses are neither. You are blind to this point as you assume your posture up there on top of what you perceive to be the moral high ground. 

Your harangues are more off topic and derailing than my comments about the lack of success in bringing bigfoot closer to science. Why don't you just give it a rest and swallow your indignation for once?

BFF Patron
2 hours ago, dmaker said:

12 years. And there are no shortage of amateurs like yourself out there doing the same thing for far longer. All with the same specific purpose. 

Zero results. How anyone can look at that and not conclude bigfoot does not exist truly, truly puzzles me. You simply cannot have droves of amateurs out combing the woods for evidence of giant monkey men in North America and have nothing to show for it. The only way that happens is if the quarry does not exist. 

Zero results?   I think I have been very lucky.       I see what your problem is.    You are not even interested enough to read and remember the experiences reported by forum members.  It is not like I have held back much.    Do not expect me to regurgitate it for your benefit because you have just demonstrated you could care less.  

Edited by SWWASAS

1 hour ago, dmaker said:

12 years. And there are no shortage of amateurs like yourself out there doing the same thing for far longer. All with the same specific purpose. 

Zero results. How anyone can look at that and not conclude bigfoot does not exist truly, truly puzzles me. You simply cannot have droves of amateurs out combing the woods for evidence of giant monkey men in North America and have nothing to show for it. The only way that happens is if the quarry does not exist. 

Sounds like you are assuming that the majority of the " research community " as truly capable and invested (both time and money ).    The research community is far smaller than what facebook states.

The majority of those claiming to be researchers are invested in tinfoil hats and are frequent visitors of the imagination station.  I have talked to hundreds of people involved in this subject and I can think of maybe fifteen people that I would consider researchers, not a single one averages more than thirty waking hours a week in the forest.

If you are going to come up with a reason that Bigfoot does not exist then you can't point to the funny farm and say " They have nothing ".

Science has not paid it's dues on this subject and " Bigfoot Researchers " have only made the matter worse. 

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, dmaker said:

Sadly for you hiflier, I don't care in the slightest what you want. Wave your finger elsewhere. Your lecturing is boring.

Hiflier, I am allowed my opinion and my comments. As long as they are within the rules of the forum, I should be allowed to express them. 

I do not need you shaking your cane and yelling get off my lawn every time I post. My comment was on topic and bigfoot related. Your responses are neither. You are blind to this point as you assume your posture up there on top of what you perceive to be the moral high ground. 

Your harangues are more off topic and derailing than my comments about the lack of success in bringing bigfoot closer to science. Why don't you just give it a rest and swallow your indignation for once?

Oh calm down. The finger wagging as you put it starts with you:

You come after these folks every chance you get and so when you speak of finger wagging, moral high ground, and swallowing indignation and posturing you only have to look at the mighty dmaker as he slashes his way through those are are out there doing the work. Cannot get much sadder than that. Because as far as I can see there ARE no 'zero results' coming from these people who are in the field. They DO bring in something. Your mindset won't allow you to see that though as you're too busy dismissing everything out of hand as being ALWAYS some kind of error on their part. 

How much do you get paid to do this? 

Edited by hiflier

23 minutes ago, SWWASAS said:

Zero results?   I think I have been very lucky.       I see what your problem is.    You are not even interested enough to read and remember the experiences reported by forum members.  It is not like I have held back much.    Do not expect me to regurgitate it for your benefit because you have just demonstrated you could care less.  

You have shared nothing but stories. I am not interested in stories.

18 minutes ago, NathanFooter said:

Science has not paid it's dues on this subject

Why would you think Science owes anything in this regard? There has not been enough evidence brought forward to warrant a serious look. You can't blame Science for the lack of evidence. 

13 minutes ago, dmaker said:

You have shared nothing but stories. I am not interested in stories

You make no sense. Why should you even care? If anything you say is true then you not caring is also true as you have stated that more times than I can count with respect to everything anyone says or presents about Sasquatch. Your way of getting out of an untenable argument. Again, why are you here? It makes no sense at all.

1 hour ago, dmaker said:

Sadly for you hiflier, I don't care in the slightest what you want.

Let the dancing continue. I'm actually presenting things to science and THAT is not a 'story'. I would like to run this thread on that subject. And you not caring what I want does not give you some kind of permission to not address the subject. But Nope, You want to harp on 'zero results'. You want to disrupt a thread then please take it somewhere else.. 

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

I've explained my interest in the subject matter numerous times. I'll not do it again for you hiflier. 

I do not see your 'interest' being clearly stated here- and I am not talking about stating it to me either. I am not the only one on this Forum and there are new members who are not clear about your 'interest'. How about clarifying that for the rest and stop making this into a 'hiflier is bad' dialogue. As if not being interested in 'stories' somehow make you special is some way. Tell me why anyone should give you the time of day. The double standard that you don't care about anything but run around as if you do is not working.

There is a topic here. Address that, and the more positive the better. Ideas for approaching scientists has good discussion potential and I see no valid reason for not engaging on that. Commenting on researchers and 'zero results' is ignoring the subject of this thread. If you have nothing to add to that subject then say nothing. So again, dmaker, TOPIC, please.

Edited by hiflier

16 minutes ago, hiflier said:

There is a topic here. Address that,

I did. 

Please go pester someone else now.

17 minutes ago, hiflier said:

There is a topic here. Address that, and the more positive the better.

You do realize that you are not in charge here, right?

• Upvote 2

Pester someone else?  So, calling me a pest now? No one else ranks on people like you have been so consistently doing. No one. You call SWWASAS experiences that he relates here "stories". Why?? You do not believe he's telling the truth? He has brought in photos and now what? He's hoaxing? He has been consistent in his dialogue and knows and has been in the field with other researchers and they know him. But what? You don not believe his 'stories'? Why didn't you call them anecdotal evidence instead of undermining his credibility by say they are just stories? Ain't worried about me, I can handle myself. But YEESH, SWWASAS is telling stories? In other words he must be lying because you do not believe him? Or you do believe him and therefore care about what he brings here as being the truth? Because neither believing him nor disbelieving him will do. Do or don't or leave him be.

Why don't you address MY 'stories' about contacting scientists? Come up with a suggestion or two? Help out? instead of whining about 'zero results' but claiming to not caring about anything- which is inconsistent. No I am not in charge....SURPISE! But then you might wish to conduct your self in a manner that respects other members? Just saying. I guess I am wondering about why perhaps you think you may have not offended anyone?

You do not believe in Sasquatch. Fine. Let it go.  

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1

Why would you think Science owes anything in this regard? There has not been enough evidence brought forward to warrant a serious look. You can't blame Science for the lack of evidence. 

Science has a responsibility the very moment that there is a question, for hundreds if not thousands of years people have reported seeing a strange creature roaming in the forests of north america. 

I don't blame science for any particular action except for the practice of doing nothing.  Science is systematic exploration of a question in pursuit of an answer.

There is a fair amount of information collected that warrants investigation into the subject  ( even if sasquatch is not real ).    Sighting reports from government employees, tracks casts/ finger prints, unusual animal kills and vocalizations that don't match known wildlife are just a few pieces of information.  

If this same list of questions was brought to academia associated with the proposal of a new species of bear or chimp then we would see the gears turning.  This has happened with several species of ape in the last decade.

At the very least, having answers to those few questions would be of value.

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

You call SWWASAS experiences that he relates here "stories". Why??

That is what they are. Without any supporting evidence, an anecdote is just a story. 

In other words he must be lying because you do not believe him?

Not what I said at all. 

Or you do believe him and therefore care about what he brings here as being the truth?

Are you actually suggesting that I might be part of some bigfoot cover up conspiracy?  Good grief, conspiracy theories have to be one of the most boring things on earth. 

1 hour ago, NathanFooter said:

There is a fair amount of information collected that warrants investigation into the subject  ( even if sasquatch is not real ).    Sighting reports from government employees, tracks casts/ finger prints, unusual animal kills and vocalizations that don't match known wildlife are just a few pieces of information. 

That is just your opinion. All of those things have non  bigfoot related sources. Until something more convincing and unambiguous arrives, I don't believe that any scientific investigation is warranted. 

Simply put, bigfoot evidence is wholly unimpressive. Until, or if, that changes, don't expect any higher degree of scientific interest. 

There you go hiflier, there's a suggestion for your thread. Stop trying different angles on the same old crappy evidence, and get something tangible. 

Edited by dmaker
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, dmaker said:

Stop trying different angles on the same old crappy evidence, and get something tangible

How do you know I don't already have it? Otherwise why would I bother. Done with you. And with the games you play.

Edited by hiflier
  • Upvote 1