Bigfoot And Wildfires

Guest RayG

Admin

I, like several others here, have been on the front line fighting wildfires. Like has been mentioned before, avoiding the fire wouldn't be that difficult. But, given the right conditions, a wild fire can burn faster than you can run. Believe it. This brings to mind the thread about the Bigfoot rescued with severe burns from fire. Many types of animals have fallen victim to fire, it happens, Bigfoot would not be exempt from a freaky occourrance.

Guest rockinkt

Not to mention that large back-fires usually trap animals moving ahead of the fire front.

In mountainous regions of BC - a fire will race up a mountain from a river valley bottom and then slowly work its way down the other side. This is due to how the fire creates its own air movement resulting in huge updrafts up the slope.

To stop the fire - a back-fire is often lit on the top slope on the opposite side of the mountain to work it's way to the top. That way - when the unstoppable fire racing up the mountain nears the top - it hits the wind force of the new fire and that slows it down considerably. At that point - both fires usually slowly settle and are easy to extinguish because there is hopefully no fuel left for them to continue burning.

(That's the theory anyway - and it often does work. When it doesn't and the fires join together - all hell usually breaks loose!)

edited for clarification - hopefully.

Edited by rockinkt

• 2 weeks later...

I live here In NM and the fires are getting so bad that I had to cancel my camping trip this weekend. it seems as though there is fires in 4 different places in the state and at one point there were over 6000 fire fighters trying to contain just one fire that spread from AZ.

According to the BFRO there has been numerous reports of BF activity here in NM and not very far from where one of the fires is occurring. It had me wondering where these creatures are going? There's a lot of heavily wooded areas here but I was expecting that we would have more sightings after these events!

Yeah, but where do they go, and does it create competition between alpha-males?

RayG

You got me on that one ray, i don't know where they would go when fleeing the wildfires. Sorry but i don't know much about Texas and Arizona terrain, never been there.

So u think there is a alpha male in a group of bigfoots? i never thought of that one before. What about a alpha female? is that possible too?

As for competition, i dont know if bigfoots are territorial but i've read stories in the past where humans are driven out of an area by the bigfoots agressive behaviour.

brent

Guest BuzzardEater

So BFs can evade us but they can't avoid forest fires? Even if they missed the fire, the massive increase in human activity must be a clue. I don't think fires are a major issue. Fires are loud, visible and smelly, just like us :lol:.

Guest RayG

So u think there is a alpha male in a group of bigfoots? i never thought of that one before. What about a alpha female? is that possible too?

As for competition, i dont know if bigfoots are territorial but i've read stories in the past where humans are driven out of an area by the bigfoots agressive behaviour.

brent

Alpha males amongst bigfoot isn't something I 'believe' per se, it just seems plausible based on what we already see in the animal kingdom. The problem of where bigfoot goes during and following a major forest fire however, seems to be another opportunity to create excuses for why we have never ever confirmed the existence of this elusive beast. He's like Superman of the woods, with a side order of Ninja. He's at the top of the food chain, stronger than any dozen humans, as fast as a speeding car, bionic leaping ability, impossible to kill by bullets, fire, Mack Truck, falling off cliffs, disease, heart failure, predators, or poison, and able to move freely about in the woodlands of North America with only the occasional footprint or momentary glimpse as a sign of his passing.

In my opinion some bigfoot enthusiasts, after years of following this mystery but never truly coming to grips with the Superman/Ninja aspects of bigfoot, accept bigfoot as some sort of new-age entity who is unexplainable by conventional methods. Enthusiasts like Robert Morgan and Henry Franzoni, for example. Me, I just get more and more skeptical.

RayG

• 11 months later...
BFF Patron

Pretty up close and personal. Sounds like they've made out well so far. The last minute of swirling winds is pretty wild.

Hope the winds stay down and the rains come soon!

Listen to the wind on this nighttime version

Edited by bipedalist

Guest sosha

I have friends who live in Colorado Springs not far from Garden of the Gods and the pictures are heart wrenching. There are a lot of Bigfoot sightings on and around Pikes Peak...I wonder what will happen.

BFF Patron

Good to hear they are safe, yes, the thought that Pike's Peak is near an area with fire is one of the reasons I restarted this particular thread, if BF were in the environs of the fire they may have become disoriented and taken paths not normally taken, that may have opened them up to transportation zones where they could be spotted easier, esp. in preburned areas. I would think at the very least they might be spotted traveling riparian zones more easily.

Last years Arizona fires didn't seem to have reports of BF movement that I can recall however (and if so, they didn't make this thread).

During last years fires in Montgomery,Harris and Grimes counties I certainly noticed an increase in wildflife moving across my property in order to avoid the front line of the fires.

Guest sosha

It will be interesting to see what happens.....but I just read an interesting report that law enforcement in the Colorado fires is keeping a tight seal on info about the fires...they are not letting journalists get close to the fires at all...many journalists and photojournalists are very frustrated by this but all they can do is wait by the sidelines with the rest of people. Now I've read that states have their own rules about things like this but that it is usually up to local law enforcement....so I find this interesting. Anyone else hear about this? The only photos I've seen of the Colorado fires have been from a distance or from friends of mine who live there. The photos of smoke right by Garden of the Gods is very scary!

Guest BFSleuth

It is SOP to keep journalists and "fire enthusiasts" well away from forest fires and wild fires. They are incredibly unpredictable forces of nature that can move very rapidly. All it takes is a gust of wind, or embers flying past the fire line, and places that were secure are suddenly cut off and in the danger zone. Issues with looting evacuated dwellings is also on their mind. I don't fault law enforcement from taking extra precaution to keep people at a distance.

BFF Patron

Right when you consider a fire with an 85 ft. crown moving at 20 mph, could throw an ember as big as a large branch through an airplane propeller, and 1/4 to 1/2 mile down range you can have instant spotting and backfires created in the blink of an eye. Winds are fickle in canyons, valleys and peaks and don't obey weather forecasts or create their own mini-firestorms with vortices and even with lightning sometimes.

I've got to wonder if BF appreciates the power and intensity and doesn't sit by to watch fires as humans? Also brings up the famous Battle Mountain Fire, Nevada Thread that we had on the old BFF1.0 where an alleged BF was seriously burned and immobilized. Hope that one makes it into the Threads Worth Reading Index work that is ongoing.

Edited by bipedalist