The decline of interest in Sasquatch

Lake County Bigfooot

50 minutes ago, Caenus said:

I have filed reports with the BFRO that never showed up on their website. How many of those are out there? Do they screen and select reports?

Yeah that's another aspect, they definitely screen which reports they follow up on and ultimately publish, and they definitely were getting way more reports than they had the manpower to deal with once Finding Bigfoot got off the ground. I remember watching an interview with Moneymaker before the show aired where he said behind the 3,500 published reports there were 27,000 raw submissions.... imagine how those numbers have changed in 10 years.

• Upvote 1

On 8/25/2018 at 5:23 AM, wiiawiwb said:

.........I hope the truth is kept a secret or a myth as long as possible. The more FB and KB fades away into the abyss the more people will forget about it.  That suits me just fine.........

Frankly, I suspect that may be the attitude of government wildlife and wild lands managers, primatologists, BFRO, and an increasing number of enthusiasts as well. I’ve arrived in that camp myself. Killing one and dragging out into the open isn’t my focus anymore. I want to see co-habitational study.......the Goodall type. Personally, I just want to observe them as much as possible.

• Upvote 3

It's been one disaster after another around here. Fridge quits, then the stove, then the washing machine, now I have a sewage leak under the house. Have had a hard time finding a spare buck to spend on anything else. I'll be back one day though, ya'll can't get rid of me that easy.

And I have a hard time believing you wouldn't put a bullet in one if you get a clean shot.

• Upvote 1

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I know what it’s like. When it rains, it’s Hurricane Flo.

3 hours ago, Rockape said:

.........And I have a hard time believing you wouldn't put a bullet in one if you get a clean shot.

I’m not the killer I got you to imagine me as. For example, after all these years here in Alaska, I’ve still not killed a grizzly. I’ve backed up friends more than once, had close encounters with them, and have seen plenty of them. I just haven’t found “my” bear yet (came real close a few years ago.......). And Mrs. Huntster discourages me killing bears... ......black or brown.

For most of my life I believed that to get official scientific recognition, and the only way to silence the skeptical morons, was to kill one. But I’ve come to despise the skeptics so much that I now want them (and the rest of society with them) to remain as ignorant as possible. Official recognition will likely be detrimental to them. Hell, I wish mankind didn’t know that I exist. I’m thinking about becoming an undocumented citizen.

• Upvote 3

Yeah, as much as I know it would be the biggest scientific discovery ever and actually proving they exist would lead to the others being officially protected, I don't think I could shoot one, at least not unless it was threatening me. There was a time I would have without hesitation, but I quit hunting because I lost my will to kill. I've seen a lot of hunters who say they saw one and could have shot it say they didn't because it looked so human.

24 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Hell, I wish mankind didn’t know that I exist. I’m thinking about becoming an undocumented citizen.

I wish more and more every day that I lived off in the middle of nowhere and never had to look at another person again, unless I wanted to. Just me and the bigfeets. Been thinking of ways to make it happen, go off the grid. I'm too old and out of shape to just go feral though.

Edited by Rockape

A brother-in-law (married to Mrs. Huntster’s sister) is a long time prospector. Been doing it here in Alaska since the mid-1960’s. He spends lots of time alone in the wilderness. He was telling me about one of his claims near the old ghost town of Kalskag on the Innoko River. He spend a few weeks there early this summer. I got a strong urge to just drop everything and go.

But here I am again in Southern California again waiting for the civil war to start. Indeed, I’ll be headed to Washington DC from here just before the election. Dumb, I say........

39 minutes ago, Huntster said:

I’m not the killer I got you to imagine me as. For example, after all these years here in Alaska, I’ve still not killed a grizzly. I’ve backed up friends more than once, had close encounters with them, and have seen plenty of them. I just haven’t found “my” bear yet (came real close a few years ago.......). And Mrs. Huntster discourages me killing bears... ......black or brown.

Kinda glad ya haven't found it yet, also kinda hope when you do...the concept that such a magnificent behemoth walkin' the wilds is enough for you to let it keep walkin'. 

• Upvote 1

If there is no need to prove anything to the world, there’s no need to kill it. And, really, they’re better off remaining a “myth”. 

But the bears? The last one that “got away” was a pretty neat memory. When he first walked off after shooting me a glance, I thought he might double around and give me a close up look. But no, he just walked away. 

He was a beauty........

Edited by Huntster

28 minutes ago, Huntster said:

A brother-in-law (married to Mrs. Huntster’s sister) is a long time prospector. Been doing it here in Alaska since the mid-1960’s. He spends lots of time alone in the wilderness. He was telling me about one of his claims near the old ghost town of Kalskag on the Innoko River. He spend a few weeks there early this summer. I got a strong urge to just drop everything and go.

I used to know a guy who would spend every summer in Alaska prospecting. It's something I've always wanted to do. I wouldn't be looking to get rich, just make enough to get by.

30 minutes ago, Huntster said:

But here I am again in Southern California again waiting for the civil war to start. Indeed, I’ll be headed to Washington DC from here just before the election. Dumb, I say........

Be safe out there. Things seem to be getting crazier every day.

7 minutes ago, Huntster said:

If there is no need to prove anything to the world, there’s no need to kill it. And, really, they’re better off remaining a “myth”. 

I think Pat was talking about bears, but yeah, the bigfoot community would probably be better off if they quit worrying about proving anything to skeptics or science. If they're out there, they'll someday be found.

Like snakes, sometimes bears actually need to get shot. But actually, since the state liberalized bear hunting regs, the bears seem to have gotten the message and are becoming considerate neighbors.

Myself, seein' one would be all I need to know...everybody else...well...not my concern.

Huntster, glad that beauty is still walkin'.

Rockape, actually I think Huntster got the gist of it just fine.

:drinks:

• Upvote 1

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic