Where Are The Sasquatches In The OP??

hiflier

Hi everyone, just stopped in to see if anyone has noticed the lack of sightings in the Olympic Pinensula in the last three years? The last Class A was in February of 2017 in Jefferson County. Mason County (where the nests are located) had its last Class A almost 12 years ago in 2007. SWWASAS has said his area of research hasn't had much of anything for the last nearly three years. Nad he also reporten a NEON monitoring facility in his area as well.

I have been doing some research on what might be the reason for th lack of Class A's mainly because the nesting sight which had some greenery on some of the nests almost four years ago has been for all intents and purposes been abandoned. Grays Harbor sightings especially have been noticably absent although I doubt if it is because the level of traffic or Human presesnce has diminished.

So although I am sure all of you in the area know about this I seriously think it has something to do with the apparent absence of sightings: https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/jets-helicopters-rockets-military-plans-more-uses-of-northwest-public-lands/

https://www.cnic.navy.mil/content/dam/cnic/cnrnw/pdfs/NASWIfactsheets/CurrentsFall15_Growler_Training.pdf

Any thoughts?

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

I’m interested in the string of reports from the Ocean Shores community in 2012-2015 that appears to have shut off like a spigot. I was so fascinated with them that I drove through the neighborhood during New Years weekend of 2017. One of the things that I learned us that the Olympic Peninsula, and really western Washington as a whole, really isn’t a big place by Alaska standards. A family of sasquatches could easily range over the entire area.

hiflier glad to see you were not permanently aggravated with the current affairs. The increased presence of military over any public land will run almost anything off including people.

Not at all aggravated or even close. Not frustrated, not angry or anything of the sort. Just thought I had taken the nest thing as far as I could without actually knowing the principal parties personally. Also I was not spending time Solving for Bigfoot which is better to do if I am not here. Before I started this thread, and I am not going to stay with it like other threads in the past, I did some research and found the two links posted in the OP. They probably should be CAREFULLY read. I then did a search on th Number and location of Class A sightings in the OlymPen and found the sightings for its four counties. I found it very coincidental that the sightings record had fallen off at about the same time the electronic warfare (EW) had become active in a more expanded program.

I have also always been curious about anyone who has claimed to be 'zapped' in the area. Is that a coincidence as well? From there I was curious about the idea that if Sasquatches were being affected by any sensitivity to electronic interference (like game cams for instance?) If the creatures have moved on fro the general OP region as the lack of Class A's might be indicating. If that is the case then where would the Sasquatches go and would this line of thinking help to locate or search for them in areas not affected by years of EW? And with those thoughts I am outa here to do more research.

As a last thought regarding the nesting sites I am trying to work out whether there were TWO projects at work: one public which we all know about, and one private that started in as soon as the site was discovered that we do not know about. Parallel projects in other words where one was set up as a cover for the other. That's about all that makes any sense because of the APPARENT, publicly assumed, 'contamination' of the e-DNA samples.

Admin

Here are the sightings for the Olympic Peninsula from 2000 to present.

firefox_2018-12-14_18-01-42.png

firefox_2018-12-14_18-02-06.png

• gigantor featured this topic

In my own opinion I just cannot see a relationship between electronic warfare and sightings of these creatures.  The way I read it between electronic warfare is that they have to be looking for transmitting electronic signals in order for our equipment to stop it.  So I can not see the two connected unless these creatures are using electromagnetic signals to communicate and our aircraft or our equipment are picking it up. Now knowing our equipment , they can be super sensitive  so who knows. But then will this not also effect other creatures with in the forest as well? Also who knows what effects these electronics pose on Humans as well. I mean look at what took placed in Desert Storm. How the Iraqi soldiers just gave up their arms so easily by the thousands. Some thing took placed that  made them  surrender so quickly with out a fight. 

Also why is it who ever created those nest never returned back to them? You figure that who ever built them took time to build them would return. Just like any other creature that builds a den or a nest does. So this is just odd. Anyhow glad that you are still around Hiflier.

Admin

I have some background in EW (although I am by no means an expert in any meaning of the word...); it is a highly interesting field that unfortunately is given less importance than it should. There are three parts to EW, and the area that I suspect you are referring to is what is commonly known as "jamming". Jamming in the simplest form, is just the prevention of a emitting electronic device from working properly. Jamming tries to keep a radar from being able to receive the signals that it sends out so that it cannot track the desired target. I highly doubt that EW is responsible for the lack of sightings. The airwaves are saturated with all kinds of non-EW signals 24 hours a day. I would think that if EW is affecting them, then some of the other signals would be as well. True, EW runs through numerous bandwidths, but a lot of them are on the higher frequencies and I doubt these can be detected by living creatures of any type.

Here are some basic EW concepts if you are interested (most of you will not be...):

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_warfare

https://www.nutsvolts.com/magazine/article/radar_and_electronic_warfare_fundamentals

http://falcon.blu3wolf.com/Docs/Electronic-Warfare-Fundamentals.pdf

EW does not require the enemy emitters to be radiating in order to conduct jamming. As long as you know the type and frequency of the targeted emitter, a jammer can radiate continuously to prevent the targeted emitter from being able to do its job.

The reason the Iraqis surrendered so easily is pretty simple. By the time that the ground offensive began, they have been pummeled from the air for more than a month, if I remember correctly. Constant and unannounced bombing tends to reduce one's willpower to resist. Also, the vast majority of the troops were conscripts and not well trained. They had no more desire to die for Mr. Hussein than you or I. So whenever they came into contact with allied forces, they were more than ready to surrender. Especially after having been bombed constantly for over a month. If you remember, the elite troops, the Republican Guard (which had better equipment, training, and discipline), did fight hard and well (at least to the extent they could given the overwhelming odds).

Island, Thurston, and Pierce counties are not on the Olympic Peninsula. The sightings graph show a definite decline in the Olympic Peninsula proper since 2010 with just that one sighting back in Feb 2017 I mentioned being actually IN the OP. And I think the earlier one was only a vocalization.

Shadowborn, thanks for the welcome but I am only back briefly because I thought that this information was so very important. Please read the links I posted as you will see that EW DOES affect ALL wildlife right down to amphibians. At first the U.S. Forestry service was not going to issue permits but they ended up doing so anyway. Good luck looking into this everyone. Seen any helicopters or low flying jets lately LOL? It is also important to understand that how much this stuff actually affects living things needs to be downplayed in order to get by a resistant public. And Yes, VAfooter the wavelengths in the graph show which frequency bands would be affected: Cell phones, blue tooth, WiFi and remote control boxes (I read that as being drone control devices) and some microwave frequencies as well so in effect no one would be able to talk to anyone or communicate in any way once the frequencies are widely jammed. This is what the bringing everyone into the digital age was all about. And just so no one thinks the government doesn't plan? This has been in the works for 50 years and started back when the first cable TV cables were strung in the major cities (1970 or so).

But in the environment the effects go much deeper. DNA can be affected. It is all in the posted links. See everyone next year sometime. Have a safe and happy holiday season.

Edited by hiflier

Now the noise level of jets landing and taking off can be a problem in area where these creature may be roaming.  Hearing this noise I would say is very loud in area where it may echo. The reason I say this is because I use to sleep under the deck on a carrier where they did their touch and go's and it was loud but I was very tired and slept through it.  But EW is no joke and when it is used in war the one on the other side knows it cause their bombs will just fall straight back down. what is talked on the net is best read then what can be spoken off. So is it possible that where there are military bases near by that noise levels might be a problem as well as the use of explosives. Could these training exercises be what is causing this decline in sightings. Is there a way to correlate between the frequency of military operations and the decline of sightings in a given area? if this could be done then this would give us a clue to why they have left that area. Also this would give us a clue to how they think. Should this not be what we should be looking for. A key into their mind on how they think so that we can solve what they are. This cannot go on for ever never to find out what the heck they are. Hiflier your mind is always on this and you have that drive to find out.

BFF Patron
Spoiler

Right on the Pierce, Thurston being non-OP for sure; does not compute they are on the south, west  or southwest side of the south Puget Sound in the Olympic rainshadow by and large contrary to Mason which but right up into the Olympic Crests and headwaters and Jefferson the same.  Kitsap is another one of those peninsulas too. 

Right on the Pierce, Thurston being non-OP for sure; does not compute they are on the south, west  or southwest side of the south Puget Sound in the Olympic rainshadow by and large contrary to Mason which but right up into the Olympic Crests and headwaters and Jefferson the same.  Kitsap is another one of those peninsulas too. 

3 hours ago, gigantor said:

Here are the sightings for the Olympic Peninsula from 2000 to present.

firefox_2018-12-14_18-01-42.png

firefox_2018-12-14_18-02-06.png

Edited by bipedalist
screwed up hidden post message? wtf

Admin

True Bipedalist, but I think we group them together because BF doesn't obey county borders... 

• Like 1

If it wasn'y for this recent topic coming up in my research I wouldn't be here. I really do need to take a break because for some reason my brain won't slow down. But I also need to explain why this thread even exists in the first place. It is because of what I perceive to be a link between fairly high powered concentrated high frequency deployment vs. the wildlife on the Peninsula. How far has my thinking taken this? It depends on how much one recalls from ALL of the details of the nesting sight of course but it was something BigTreeWalker said that began to connect the dots in odd ways.

He mentioned that DNA from all kinds of things were evidently found at the nesting sight. Bear DNA of course was found but he wondered about the deer and elk DNA that seemed to be missing. When I came across this EW stuff and the apparent effects it has on wildlife it jumped out that as we all know bears have a great sense of smell. But deer and ELK have a great sense of hearing and I am not sure WHAT frequencies they are capable of detecting. Sasquatch supposedly have great hearing also. So I think you can see where this is going now. Sasquatch, deer, Elk, and anything else with hearing in ranges we know little about- ranges and sensitivity so amazing that they hear trail camera frequencies and the nearly inaudible to us clicks of the shutter then would it make sense that they detect  EW? And if that is the case then would they be forced out of an area due to it being unpleasant to listen to. Or just plain foreign and so they become leery when it is deployed?

Maybe none of this has any bearing at all but then again maybe it does in light of the 'empty nest' syndrome in Mason County and the reduced state of Class A's elsewhere in the region? And I do have to move on but needed to complete the thought. Mental loose ends are a pain in the butt.

In addition to all of this is the NEON facility. It is set up to also sample DNA from the environment: https://www.neonscience.org/data-collection/dna-sequences Here is an interesting line (bolded) that caught my eye:

"During observational sampling bouts of certain organisms, NEON field ecologists select a subset of aquatic and terrestrial organisms for generation of DNA sequence data and metadata. Many of the samples are also archived into the NEON biorepository. DNA analysis serves a number of purposes, including verification of taxonomy of specimens that do not receive expert identification, clarification of the taxonomy of rare or cryptic species, characterization of diversity using molecular markers, and functional gene characterization. These data are open access and discoverable through the NEON data portal.

Does this mean that we researchers are way behind when it comes to finding a Sasquatch?

hiflier, finally, Over.......and Out :) 

Edited by hiflier

All that is demonstrably missing are PUBLISHED reports by BFRO.    Everything else is assumption ... mostly faulty.   

MIB

• Upvote 1

• gigantor unfeatured this topic