Best Footprints

Patterson-Gimlin

5 minutes ago, OkieFoot said:

^^

I thought the most interesting detail in the link was the son's observation of the creature "lifting up it's feet more than people do." That's the same thing we see in the PGF and also in the Stacy Brown thermal footage.

Never seen that before. Very cool and by far the best thermal video I've ever seen.

Admin
8 hours ago, NatFoot said:

Very cool and by far the best thermal video I've ever seen.

You mean the Stacy Brown thermal footage?

If I'm remembering fairly correctly what I read, Stacy Brown Jr. and Sr. began hearing something in the woods (around midnight?) and Stacy Jr. got the thermal imager and began following the noises through the woods. Since it was so dark, I think Stacy Sr. held onto Stacy Jr's arm, or maybe his jacket during this time. Early on they never saw anything on the imager until the figure stopped behind a tree and began peeking around it; which we see in the video. Then it took the big step to it's left. 

I've read Cliff Barackman's analysis and I think his general conclusion was the figure was far too large to have been a human.

The problem with this video is the creature could have been added after the fact.  Therefore it is inconclusive. 

What does not make sense is that the creature does not show a heat signature  on the Brown footage. It is just dark and should be lit up just like the tree in front of it. So is their hair preventing their heat to escape their body like polar bears.

Their imager was set on dark for warmer, rather than the typical brighter presentation. Maybe because it works better that way in hot and humid conditions, idk. It's been thoroughly analyzed years ago, as noted. 

I think that they should have had a system to scale the size of the image. Like a cow. How now, brown cow. It would have been  a moooooooving experience.

12 hours ago, Huntster said:

What do you mean "after the fact"? Could the video be doctored?

Yes, that is very possible. I have spoken to someone much more qualified than me . 

They said it was more than likely that the creature was added after the fact. 

Shadowborn is correct about the heat issue, but Brown did explain that it had rained. 

Later on he posted a picture of a man ape that appeared to be a bloke in a suit as I recall. 

^^

P-G, you're correct about Stacy Brown mentioning it had rained. I can't quite remember this fully but there was someone that tried to discredit the thermal image by claiming the heat signatures should have appeared different than they did. I think the person thought the trees should have been darker.

Stacy Brown Jr. replied to this person's comments by noting it had rained heavily earlier that day so things like trees, shrubs, etc. had a cooler temperature than they normally would have, which caused them to show up as a lighter shade of gray than normal. 

If the figure gave off no heat signature, would it still have shown up very dark and stood out that much on the thermal? When it's behind the tree, the cooler tree is light gray and the figure behind it is almost black in shade.

(I hope this is more or less correct. Someone fill in if I'm wrong somewhere)

Don't you guys read? Quoting from Cliff B's investigation report, look it up if you want.

Stacy Brown Sr. was armed with a FLIR Scout thermal imager with which he was continually scanning the nearby woods.  He had the polarity switched on the FLIR, so that the warm things in the viewfinder appeared black as opposed to the more commonly used white.

I have been researching this and have come to agree with JKH. I do own a flir and have little experience using it.  I only know that it works well when it is cold and does pick up heat signature great. But I have never used it on hot or warm weather to understand how it effect the flir. There are settings that you can set on the flir but have yet to try them in different conditions. But I do thank JKH for correcting me . Now I have a project to figure out this spring and summer . I will now learn on how to better use my FLIR unit. So Thanks JKH. :) 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, JKH said:

Don't you guys read? Quoting from Cliff B's investigation report, look it up if you 

I read and I have read Cliffs  report. 

Nothing in it to convince me that what is depicted in the video is not added, also nothing to convince that it wasn't. 

Therefore it is inconclusive as I said. 

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin

• gigantor unfeatured this topic